Which time of the day is better when exercising: early in the morning or afternoon? Why?

Mostly exercises are done early morning because we are filled with energy then and are empty stomach before the breakfast. Exercises need to be done on empty stomach or with very minimal food inside. Some exercises are done without having anything all. So, this happens early in the morning after we have a long food break at night.

Also, in the morning, we have fresh air, less polluted and the environment before the sunrise is the most suitable and is known to be harmless. During this time, people worship Gods and is termed as a pure time for doing exercises. Since, we generally, breathe a lot during exercises, we need pure environment and that is available at the morning time only.
Well stated,you just captured everything I needed to write,I feel more energize in the morning to exercise and the weather then is always calm,breezy and welcoming and yea,the stress level is also low because we might have had a good night rest,so yes exercising in the morning is better.

I would prefer Early morning when someone is fresh and energetic also in the Morning the is good weather for exercising and jogging in the park which is nice in the Evening most of us go to work when you get home all you think about is just taking a warm shower and rest not exercising .

Usually in the morning, but depends in how your day is planned, the ideal moment is in the morning, but if you can't other time of the day will do. For years I have heard that the morning is better, specially before eating because the body will be forced to use the energy reserves to fuction and therefor, more calories are burnt, but I'm not entirely sure about it since I haven't read that much about it.

Well, for me there is no exact and perfect time on when you will jump up to the gym or wherever else a workout is done. As per my experience in lifting I tried doing it during morning, noon, afternoon and evening. Well, for me the best time to workout is Evening because the temperature is not that high. During my workout at noon the temperatures up and it's really really hot that's why I changed to doing it on evening around 6 P.M.

I have been in a dilemma between these two. I am not sure if either of these affects the calories burned or the body. I usually exercise in the afternoon because I am lazy at times in the morning. But in my college years, I exercised in the morning before I went to school.
I'd say it's better to exercise in the morning. Exercising is one of the most effective ways to wake all of our body parts and even lift our spirits up. If we do this in the morning, we can then set our day right and the rest of the day will follow.

I'd say it's better to exercise in the morning. Exercising is one of the most effective ways to wake all of our body parts and even lift our spirits up. If we do this in the morning, we can then set our day right and the rest of the day will follow.
Now, I am exercising in the afternoon since I feel sleepy whenever I do it in the morning and then go to work. After I exercise in the afternoon, I can relax and sleep after.

Now, I am exercising in the afternoon since I feel sleepy whenever I do it in the morning and then go to work. After I exercise in the afternoon, I can relax and sleep after.
Maybe around 5pm to 6pm is good as well. Many people in our place jog before the sun sets. Perhaps because it's not so hot and they don't have anything else to do after.

I think the best time of day to exercise is when you have the most energy and motivation — in short when you’re most likely to do it. That means that if you’re a night owl, work out at night. Morning person? Work out first thing in the morning… you get my drift. Any time you’re in the mood to really “Bring It” will work because, by far, the biggest physiological changes happen to your body when you push yourself further than you’ve pushed yourself before. Exercising is better than not exercising, so always schedule your workout when you have the best chance of getting it done.

I always feel that the best time to exercise is the morning and that has been my routine of building up till I got a work that really took some time off my morning schedule. That has really helped me to adjust my training time to the evening and it has yielded some great results in the sense that I always sleep off after doing some cardio and other pushups at the home gym. So, I feel that for those that have demanding works, doing the exercise after work is the best.

Maybe around 5pm to 6pm is good as well. Many people in our place jog before the sun sets. Perhaps because it's not so hot and they don't have anything else to do after.
Yes! In our place, many people also engage in exercises such as zumba around 5pm or 6pm. Almost all of them are from their offices and schools which makes exercise a sort of stress reliever for them. It is so much fun!

I usually exercise at home at night, and my gym workout is also scheduled at night. I think working out at night is very effective because after a tiring session I get to relax and sleep a bit, this gives my body the time it needs to heal and develop.

The body needs to be put in the right shape after long period of sleep all through the night. So, having said that, it's only normal to exercise during morning time than the evening hours. After having stressed the body for the days job, the human body needs to take a rest and not be subjected to exercise.

I think mornings are preferable since it's the time when you are least stressed and have more focus and energy to spend as well as not having to deal with the lack of energy you might eventually face in the middle of the day before your one meal or even after when you might feel a little more sluggish. However, I think as long as you get some movement it doesn't really matter that much when you do it as long as you get to do it, so whatever time you feel least lazy and think you could build a routine on and stick to, then I think that would be the best time.

I exercise during the afternoon mainly because I haven't eaten yet in the morning and I might get too tired and not finish the whole routine because I don't have the energy. In addition, I wake up early for work so I don't really have much time.

It all depends on your availability, either morning or afternoon as long as you follow your routine it's still beneficial. Although it is recommended to do exercise in the morning, with the fast pace of today's world it's wise to adjust your time for your fitness activities.

Between early morning and afternoon, I'll pick late afternoon, because for me it's more convenient to go to the gym at night or late afternoon also, whenever I exercise or do my workout at daytime more so early mornings, my body hurts throughout the day. So for me, it's nighttime so that afterwards I can get some sleep.

I exercise during the afternoon mainly because I haven't eaten yet in the morning and I might get too tired and not finish the whole routine because I don't have the energy. In addition, I wake up early for work so I don't really have much time.

Haha, so you are the foodie type. Anyways I don't see anything wrong with wanting to eat before getting into any exercise or workout. I have actually seen someone pass out as a result of working out on an empty belly.

Haha, so you are the foodie type. Anyways I don't see anything wrong with wanting to eat before getting into any exercise or workout. I have actually seen someone pass out as a result of working out on an empty belly.
yeah, haha, I tried working out on an empty stomach and I was so out of breath with my normal routine and felt like vomiting. It always happens when I don't eat so I just don't want to risk it.

I usually exercise at home at night, and my gym workout is also scheduled at night. I think working out at night is very effective because after a tiring session I get to relax and sleep a bit, this gives my body the time it needs to heal and develop.

For a sound sleep, exercising in the night is the best way to go. There was a time that I found it pretty difficult to enjoy good sleep, I had to change the way that I exercise which is great. There are many people that don't really understand it that way.