TDEE Calculator – Total Daily Energy Expenditure
|Body Fat %|
You need Calories/day to maintain your weight.
You need Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week.
You need Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week.
You need Calories/day to gain 1 lb per week.
You need Calories/day to gain 2 lb per week.
You need Calories/day to maintain your weight.
You need Calories/day to lose 0.5 kg per week.
You need Calories/day to lose 1 kg per week.
You need Calories/day to gain 0.5 kg per week.
You need Calories/day to gain 1 kg per week.
TDEE Calculator Results
The results from the TDEE Calculator can be Printed
How to use the TDEE Calculator
1. Select your Unit of Measure – What’s the difference between “Imperial and metric?”
Imperial units are the old British system (as once ordered by the king, hence the name Imperial) now used mostly in the USA. Yards, miles, feet, inches. Pounds, ounces, gallons, etc.
Metric units are the SI or MKS system, Meters, liters, kilograms and all the derivatives with prefixes
2. Select your Age
3. Choose Your Gender
4. Select your Body Weight. You can choose the slide bar to adjust your body weight or manually input the values on the left of the sidebar.
5. Select Your Waist Size. You can choose the slide bar to adjust your body weight or manually input the values on the left of the sidebar.
6. Select Your Height. You can choose the slide bar to adjust your body weight or manually input the values on the left of the sidebar.
7. Select Your Daily Activity Level.
“Sedentary” – if you are inactive and tend to stay seated a lot.
“Lightly Active” – if you stand a lot to work, but really don’t move around a lot or lift heavy items.
“Moderately Active” – includes if you tend to walk at least 1.5 to 3 miles per day
“Very Active” – You tend to exercise or play sports 4-5 times a week.
“Extremely Active” – You tend to be active 7 days a week and engage in physical activity on a regular basis.
How to Read Your TDEE Calculator Results
1. BMI – Your BMI is a measurement of your body weight based on your height and weight. Although your BMI does not actually “measure” your percentage of body fat, it is a useful tool to estimate a healthy body weight based on your height. Due to its ease of measurement and calculation, it is the most widely used diagnostic indicator to identify a person’s optimal weight depending on his height. Your BMI “number” will inform you if you are underweight, of normal weight, overweight, or obese. However, due to the wide variety of body types, the distribution of muscle and bone mass, etc., it is not appropriate to use this as the only or final indication for diagnosis.
2. BMR – The Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the amount of energy you need while resting in a temperate environment during the post-absorptive state, or when your digestive system is inactive. In such a state, your energy will be used only to maintain your vital organs, which include the heart, lungs, kidneys, the nervous system, intestines, liver, lungs, sex organs, muscles, and skin. The BMR decreases with age and increases with muscle mass.
3. LBM – The Lean Body Mass (LBM) is a part of the body. It is normally defined to be the body weight minus the body fat. Typically lean body mass is 60-90% of the total body mass. Normally, men have higher port of lean body mass than women. Some anaesthetic agents dosage, especially water-soluble drugs, are routinely based on the lean body mass value. Many formulas have been developed in the past for the estimation of the lean body mass. The following are some of them. This calculator gives out result for all the fitting formulas.
4. Body Fat % – This is your calculated Body Fat % from the input values
5. Ideal Weight – This is your ideal weight from the input values.
6. Daily Calories – This gives you an idea of how many calories you would need to intake if you wanted to lose 1 or 2 lbs per week. When doing the Omad Diet, this can give you a pretty good idea of where you might want to target your one meal caloric intake for increased weight loss. The TDEE Calculator can be used as a tool if you want are starting a one meal a day weight loss plan and want to enhance the results.
How the TDEE Calculator Works
TDEE stands for Total Daily Energy Expenditure. It is a calculated estimation of calories that are burned when you exercise. The calculation uses your BMR and then multiplies that number by an activity multiplier.
Since Basic Metabolic Rate (BMR) shows the number of calories the body burns when you have no activity, this can account for more calories that are burned in the daytime. This can also take into account a sedentary type lifestyle.
If have any questions or suggestions about this TDEE Calculator, please do not hesitate to contact us or visit our community forums.
About Omad Diet
Our mission is to provide you with accurate information, tools, and resources to succeed with your weight loss journey.
It takes motivation to lose weight. We can help you fuel your drive with our personalized resources available anytime, anywhere.
Filipe Jorge Silva says
About the activity level, can you please help me, if we take in consideration my job, I spen most of my day seet in front of a desk, however I also exercise everyday, in fact I run arround 1h a day plus several crossfit exercises, so what should I choose, sedentary or very active?
Thanks in advance
Jimmy Swartz says
Hi Filipe Jorge Silva and thanks for writing! If you exercise everyday for at least an hour along with other exercises, I would choose very active for your activity level. Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance!
RosAnn Biondo says
I really do not want to count calories tho any longer. I just try to eat moderately and healthy on OMAD. I also am having a time with not putting any cream in coffee for drinks. Thanks Jimmy, you really are helping others and congrats to you.
m smith says
Great info here I have been doing omad now for three month and I have lost 55 lbs and feeling great. just found this site and only being three months in I still have a lot of unanswered questions and I find this site helpful in answering them. thank you