Workout in the gym after the meal

When you are in OMAD and you feel that you need a workout, do you go to the gym after the meal or before the meal. There are pros and cons on this issue because when you do the workout before the meal that means you are exercising while hungry. On the other hand when you do the workout after the meal, that’s fine but all the nutrients that you had eaten will be burned. Perhaps I will choose the first one which is exercising before the meal for at least I will feel normal when I finally go to the dining table after a workout.

I personally choose to workout before I have my meal. I do this for multiple reasons.

The first reason is actually a simple matter of convenience: I get heartburn if I workout after eating. I don’t have the time to just sit around and wait for a meal to digest, but if I workout after eating, I’m guaranteed to have heartburn and even some minor regurgitation—yuck, I know. I can obviously get around this issue by working out before I eat.

I also like working out before eating because then my body is tapping into its natural energy reserves and helping me burn more fat. I was always afraid of working out on an empty stomach because I thought I’d faint, but the truth is I haven’t noticed any increase or decrease in intensity whether I’ve eaten or not.

I don't know about medically but it will be choking for me to start exercising after a meal,I do all my activities before taking my meal, that way I will be relaxing when I need to after eating.

I think exercising before the meal is much better but I find myself having more motivation and energy after my meal so I just do it that way. I think as long as you get some physical activity then it will most likely be better than not doing it at all so having it before or after the meal is not too important even though one may be more efficient than the other. As long as you get to do your exercise then you're better off, in my opinion.

I exercise after my meal but not immediately after, around 2 hours after. I get tired and out of breath easily when I exercise before meals. Also, it burns the calories, not the nutrients.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anna Workout at gym or home? Exercise & Training 1
Booker It is better to workout at gym than at home? Exercise & Training 66
Anna Do you have day you just can't workout? Exercise & Training 1
Kyle Workout with music or tv on? Exercise & Training 3
Kyle Tony Horton's Next Level workout series on Amazon Exercise & Training 4
Devin77 How often should you workout while on omad? Exercise & Training 2
Kyle Workout equipment you own and use Exercise & Training 2
A 5/10 workout during OMAD? Exercise & Training 2
Kakashi2020 Walking is a good workout Exercise & Training 19
Corzhens The meal after the workout or before the workout? Exercise & Training 8
Corzhens Workout with a group Exercise & Training 18
mark86 Have you tried Insanity workout? Exercise & Training 19
Corzhens Fruit juice during workout Exercise & Training 13
Kakashi2020 Workout Benefits in OMAD Exercise & Training 7
Kakashi2020 Best time to workout Exercise & Training 21
Kakashi2020 How long can I workout? Exercise & Training 17
E Morning Workout Or Evening Workout on Omad? Exercise & Training 19
Kakashi2020 Best Complete Workout - Running Exercise & Training 20
Wade Jeorge Workout for OMAD Exercise & Training 8
M Home gym or go to the gym? Exercise & Training 32
J Help, Meal Planning on Atkins (Keto) General Discussion 1
J Would it be bad to have my one meal at breakfast? General Discussion 5
Tyler182 Doing a week fast with just one meal General Discussion 2
Jenn211 How do you pass the time until your meal? General Discussion 2
JeffR What time do you eat your daily meal? General Discussion 2
D Can you have your one meal at different times everyday? General Discussion 3
Jimmy Swartz When Is The Best Time To Eat One Meal A Day? Omaddiet.com articles 3
C Miso Soup- Instead of Tea & Coffee outwith Meal time General Discussion 3
R One meal one day at a time Share your Progress 2
P apps that track just one meal a day? General Discussion 6
Amanda sellers Should you take all supplements during your one meal? Supplements 7
Jimmy Swartz Jack Dorsey (Twitter CEO) Reveals He Eats One Meal A Day Omaddiet.com articles 1
Jimmy Swartz 11 Celebrities Who Eat One Meal A Day Omaddiet.com articles 1
F How much food should we eat for the one meal ? General Discussion 4
D Feeling tired after eating omad meal? General Discussion 3
Vegomad 1 meal 1 plate lost in translation... General Discussion 6
Bravosi An excellent one meal diet General Discussion 4
Meshack Bwoyele Keya Is Feeling Sleepy After My Omad Meal Normal? General Discussion 16
Beally Experiment First or Just Randomly Choose The Time You'll Have Your Meal? General Discussion 6
Naomi What Do You Distract Yourself With While Waiting For Your Meal Time? General Discussion 17
Naomi Napping After my Omad Meal General Discussion 26
B OMAD Beginner with Meal Question... General Discussion 5
Corzhens Missed a meal due to busy schedule General Discussion 12
Naomi Exercising After Your Meal Exercise & Training 24
J New to OMAD been on Keto for 9 months with 18:6 2 meal schedule, having digestive issues.... General Discussion 1
huggypillows What is your OMAD meal a day? General Discussion 13
huggypillows What is your OMAD daily meal? General Discussion 7
Jimmy Swartz Exercise & Training While Eating One Meal A Day - Benefits & Tips Exercise & Training 18
Jimmy Swartz Omad Vegan Diet - How to Eat A One Meal A Day Vegan Diet General Discussion 6
Jimmy Swartz How To Eat One Meal A Day With Keto – Step-By-Step Guide General Discussion 13