Why can't I go back to OMAD?

When should I eat?

• Before school

• After school

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started OMAD few months ago. It became a big part of my life. I started doing some exercise too and I lost weight. In September, when school started I started to eat before and after school (2 meals a day) and I can't adjust my body to one meal now... I don't know when should I eat, because I hate being hungry at school but I also can't sleep if I ate 2 hours ago (I usually come home at 8 p.m.)
Give me an advice please! When do you think I should eat and when to do exercise?

Well, I personally eat between 1-3pm that's like my lunch time.i like to use this go-between time where I can bridge the gap between breakfast and lunch.So you might want to use a time like this since you don't want to be hungry for a long time and you can't sleep well after taking a meal 2 hours earlier.You should take food in between then and have your exercises in the morning.

I started OMAD few months ago. It became a big part of my life. I started doing some exercise too and I lost weight. In September, when school started I started to eat before and after school (2 meals a day) and I can't adjust my body to one meal now... I don't know when should I eat, because I hate being hungry at school but I also can't sleep if I ate 2 hours ago (I usually come home at 8 p.m.)
Give me an advice please! When do you think I should eat and when to do exercise?
I'm a student too. Someone told me in this forum that eating two meals a day is also fasting, intermittent fasting. Well, you'll kinda lost some weight with that too but in long period, I guess. As for me, I'm also a university student. I encountered the same problem as you before. I keep on changing my eating window. Now, I woke up early at 5 am to exercise. I just eat 2 boiled eggs before going to class and eat 1 hour before I sleep. I usally sleep at 9pm. It works foe me but it doesn't ensure that it will also work for you.

You know your own body best, but it honestly sounds to me like you should be eating before you go to school. If you come home at 8:00 PM, then that seems like it’s far too late to be eating, especially since you had mentioned that it gets in the way of your sleeping schedule. Good sleep is just as important as a good diet, so I’d definitely avoid eating that late.

I’d recommend eating before you go to school, especially if you find that your hunger gets in the way of your studies/attention. I almost never ate breakfast while I went to school because I found that I wasn’t hungry throughout the day, but that was just my own unique metabolism.

You need food for you to be able to assimilate the things that you are being taught at school. One thing that I should do, if I were to be in your shoe is to eat before school. It may be difficult for me to remain hungry for the rest of the day, but I will definitely find a way to hold one daily.

Since you are gone for so many hours, and can’t eat until almost bedtime when it is a school day, then it might be that choosing intermittent fasting with 2 meals on school days, and one meal mid-day on weekends , would work better for your schedule.
You can decide whether breakfast should be your main meal, or a lighter meal, and supper is your main meal, and that way, you will still be eating one main meal per day, and one lighter meal because of the distance in between your meals.
Then, on weekends when you are home, and can eat whenever you want, you can easily do OMAD over the weekend.

If it were me I wouldn't push myself too hard and allow myself two meals if I felt I needed it. I think even eliminating one meal from our daily routine is already a huge boost so I wouldn't feel too guilty about it, and maybe I would just try as much as possible to keep both meals as close together as possible so I could have a longer fasting period. One of the benefits of this lifestyle is you don't have to worry too much about it and stress can also cause our bodies harm so I would say just be a little loose with the rules at first and just fine tune it as you go along.

I'm also a student and I am in college right now. I also started OMAD during summer but failed to keep up when classes started because I also don't want to go to school while being hungry. And so, what I did was just eat the same way how you eat your meals. I eat two times a day, one for breakfast before going to school and one before I study at night which is probably two to three hours before I sleep. It actually worked for me and still lost some weight, but not too much, because I only eat small portions during my meals and made sure to exercise regularly. However, I have completely broken my routine when I started doing my thesis because I can't afford to not eat especially that my brain's a bit slow when I don't eat anything while thinking excessively.

Well, you are best disposed to know how your body works with and without food. But all I can tell you is to figure what works best for you and stick with it.

If you are more comfortable eating in the morning before going to school, keep to it and vice versa.

On when you should exercise, personally I'm more comfortable doing it in the morning before going to work.

Hey there, I totally understand you.
OMAD is difficult, but also very productive.

As to regarding your vote, I picked the 2nd option because it's the thing I personally do. But ideally, you should eat before. Myself, I can't force it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.