Starting either tomorrow or Sunday...

Hello!

I just discovered the Omad diet a couple days ago and wanted to try it. I've tried so many diets but I feel like I'm always craving food and feeling miserable because of it. I looked through the articles on the site and there were a couple things that confused me so I would very much appreciate if someone could explain or share their experience!

1) Why a four hour window when the one meal must be eaten within one hour?
2) How are you able to eat 1500 calories in one sitting without getting a stomachache?
3) Any dramatic changes in health (blood pressure, glucose levels)?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi cloudsongs and welcome to the community!

1. The 4-hour window creates a structure of eating that helps you to stay consistent with your fast each day. It's highly unlikely that you would eat at the exact same hour everyday of the week, but staying close in your meal times ensures that you are maximizing your fasting benefits from day to day and long-term. Eating your meal within one hour creates a discipline of eating and ensures that you do not overeat.

2. The focus of omad is to not count calories, but to make sure you are getting a balanced diet in your meals. By eating a balanced diet, you will avoid many problems or side effects that can occur.

3. Most of the changes I have noticed (and others too) have been for the better. I talk about the benefits in this article. https://omaddiet.com/one-meal-a-day-benefits/.