P90X

Anyone here try P90X? It's a workout program that's heavy on weight and cardio workouts. I just kind of started p90x after doing the regular p90 for quite a while. I wasn't seeing the results I used to, so figured it was time to step up to a more advanced program. P90x so far is actually destroying me so far. I realize now, that I had it so much easier with the previous program. But, I'm going to work at it and get used to it.

Anyway, how long have you been doing P90x or P90 even? What are some other workout programs similar to P90x? I'm always looking for alternatives.

I haven't heard about P90X yet. I don't think I can cope with rigorous training and weight-lifting. Yoga exercises is what I'm doing recently.

The cool thing about P90x is that it also has yoga within their program. A lot of the stuff you start off with, you do really slow as well. No need to go extreme and go full force in the workout. It's more about going at your own pace, and getting better with time. When I started, I couldn't get through the first 10-20 minutes or so. If you want something a bit easier to start off on, I highly recommend the original P90 (Power 90). I had a lot easier time with that in the beginning.

If you decide to start on this program, starting with P90 would be a good first step. Once you're a pro at it, you can then jump onto P90x if you want to. :)

Also I used to use the daily burn app years ago, and that was kind of nice while I had it. A bunch of workout programs on a single app. Pretty cool stuff, but sadly cancelled as I had too many subscription services already.

What you are talking about is a whole workout kit, complete with exercise equipment, exercise motivational CD’s, and supplements, correct ? Or something along that line, anyway.
I am a senior, so I do lighter exercise, but I do take health supplements and also swim for an hour each day and walk about 2 miles a day on average. I think that a person’s age and physical ability are going to make a lot of difference in what exercise they can do, and not everyone is able to add Ford a whole workout program.

What you are talking about is a whole workout kit, complete with exercise equipment, exercise motivational CD’s, and supplements, correct ? Or something along that line, anyway.
I am a senior, so I do lighter exercise, but I do take health supplements and also swim for an hour each day and walk about 2 miles a day on average. I think that a person’s age and physical ability are going to make a lot of difference in what exercise they can do, and not everyone is able to add Ford a whole workout program.
Yes, some sets come with a bunch of equipment, but a lot of it isn't needed, as I got the DVD set and nutrition guide only.

But I totally understand, it's not for everyone. If I had to suggest one of the programs for you, I would say go for P90. It's a lot easier to get into and isn't too demanding. You can also decide to skip the weight training and do the cardio/yoga side of things only if you want. There are people who make their own custom workouts by combining other workout programs like P90. My brother did that in the past and had some good results.

If what you're doing now is working perfectly for you, then you probably won't need to do anything like P90 anyway. :)

Not a big fan of fitness programs. I prefer lifting weights and running when I need to get in my cardio. I know a few people who used the program and they praise it for helping them lost weight. If it works for you, I say go for it. I wouldn't really say it's for me though. I prefer simple workouts that are also effective.

I only do 1 hour running 3x per week. I'm thinking of doing more rigorous workout programs that are free. What are the challenges involved with P90X program? Do I have to change my eating style and sleeping time as well? Thanks for the insights!