Laughing to Lose Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across an article which says laughing for about 30 minutes a day promotes weight-loss and that equals a 30 minute high impact workout. What's your take on this?

I don't know where you have read such thing but from what I know is that laughing increase weight does not make you lose it, I know this from a doctor.

Well they said laughter is the best medicine but i don't know about laughter as means of loosing weight. If this is true then that's great, because happy people means loosing some excess weight.

Yes. I've read about this in an article. It is said that when you laugh you burn calories. I just don't know if it is proven. According to scientist, laughing intensely for a 10-15 minutes a day burns 10-40 calories. I hope this is true.

I don't know about it being equal to a high-impact workout, I can see it doing something to burn calories but nowhere near the impact of an actual exercise. In addition, it's hard to find material to sustain your laugh at a regular interval.

I had commented in one discussion that watching a comedy movie that can make you laugh can burn more calories than watching a horror movie that will only give you stress and even haunt you in your sleep. Do you notice that when your laugh is roaring that you tend to sweat? Think if that moment would be repeated every minute or so, it is like doing a workout with the sweat that you will shed.

Laughing is a natural way to exercise the jaw and body muscles which can help us lose weight,it is clear that whatever we do with the body,no matter how little it is we are expending energy i.e burning calories and it is recorded that laughing for 10-15 minutes one can burn about 40 calories, so doing this often means we might burn good amount of calories which will aids faster weight loss.

I have seen in TV that there are "work out" that incorporates "laugh theraphy" to add a little calories that can be burn. In one of my yoga class, we also did a laughing yoga class to sweat a little bit more. I was not able to ask the trainer how does it work in losing weight. Maybe it does burn calories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kakashi2020 Laughing helps promotes Weightloss Exercise & Training 12
Q How to NOT lose weight on OMAD General Discussion 1
Jenn211 Would you ever do the biggest loser to lose weight? Exercise & Training 4
Suzanna Finally found a way to lose weight! General Discussion 14
anyone01 Have you ever tried some detox drinks to lose weight? Liquids 10
mark86 Is brown rice bad for you when trying to lose weight? General Discussion 13
Corzhens Eating alone to lose your appetite General Discussion 3
anyone01 Have you ever tried some detox drinks to lose weight? General Discussion 15
M What are the best shake supplements that helped you lose weight? Supplements 10
M Does yoga help you lose weight? Exercise & Training 22
Corzhens Sleeping less to lose weight Exercise & Training 25
Kakashi2020 How much can I lose on my frst week? Exercise & Training 5
R Best Teas to Lose Weight and Belly Fat Liquids 9
xanderace82 Need to lose weight. Is Intermittent Fasting (IF) good? General Discussion 18
D My OMAD weight loss (and lifestyle) journey has begun General Discussion 8
Devin77 Would Keto increase weight loss on OMAD? General Discussion 3
D What do you do with your old clothes after losing weight? General Discussion 3
Anna Losing weight, but belly won't go away Exercise & Training 3
Happyflowerlady Earn points at Walgreens for tracking your weight and fitness activities ! Exercise & Training 2
D My current weight loss Share your Progress 8
T Stopped loosing weight General Discussion 7
D Weight Watchers Drop Out Share your Progress 3
Summer Well here goes nothing! (or you know, hopefully a lot of weight....) General Discussion 2
M restarting OMAD after weight regain General Discussion 5
superpishi Not losing any weight on Omad General Discussion 8
Z My weight loss journey using OMAD General Discussion 5
S How often do you check your weight while on omad/keto? Exercise & Training 11
Meshack Bwoyele Keya Is There An End To Losing Weight? General Discussion 18
W 8 days in and no weight loss General Discussion 11
anyone01 Is weight genetic? General Discussion 13
Coco Sunshine Whats the best way of doing OMAD to achieve Weight loss General Discussion 6
mark86 Is Green Coffee Bean good for weight loss? Liquids 10
Corzhens Soda is like beer, makes you gain weight. General Discussion 6
Corzhens Less sleep can make you gain weight General Discussion 18
nekonieden When did you start losing weight? Share your Progress 38
wotters How much weight have you lost General Discussion 5
Alymae Spices for weight loss General Discussion 9
mark86 Drinking Ginger for weight loss Liquids 34
mark86 Apple cider as loose weight Exercise & Training 22
Orfy Weight of food General Discussion 11
Naomi Checking Your Weight Regularly General Discussion 28
Jimmy Swartz Exercise & Weight Training Benefits & Tips While Eating One Meal a Day Omaddiet.com articles 6
Jimmy Swartz OMAD Exercise & Weight Training Tips Omaddiet.com articles 9
I how to gain weight instantly General Discussion 19
K weekly omad weight loss? General Discussion 10
L What are your reasons for Omad? Besides weight loss. General Discussion 20
Jimmy Swartz My 80+ Pound Weight Loss Journey General Discussion 15
Charlotte Jacobs How much weight have you guys lost? General Discussion 24
Heather timmons More weight down! General Discussion 8