How to successfully cut back on carbs?

I was really trying to this for a long time, but I always get back to them and I eat an entire chocolate, 5 apples and potato chips! I can't live like this people! Give me an advice that helps.

The first and easiest tip I have is simply don’t bring them into your home. When you go shopping, stay away from the sweets and snacks section of the market. You might already be tempted to grab some junk food, and actually seeing them in person can trigger some cravings. If you don’t bring them home, and you don’t have them in your home, then it’s highly unlikely you’re going to go out just for the sake of getting a bit of chocolate.

If it’s an issue that you live with family members who eat junk food, then you might have to practice some serious self-discipline by switching to an extremely low-carb diet like keto. If you organize your meal plan in a way that doesn’t allow any carbs at all and make a routine out of it, you might find yourself forming new, healthier habits after a while.

The first and easiest tip I have is simply don’t bring them into your home. When you go shopping, stay away from the sweets and snacks section of the market. You might already be tempted to grab some junk food, and actually seeing them in person can trigger some cravings. If you don’t bring them home, and you don’t have them in your home, then it’s highly unlikely you’re going to go out just for the sake of getting a bit of chocolate.

If it’s an issue that you live with family members who eat junk food, then you might have to practice some serious self-discipline by switching to an extremely low-carb diet like keto. If you organize your meal plan in a way that doesn’t allow any carbs at all and make a routine out of it, you might find yourself forming new, healthier habits after a while.
Yes I have 6 family members who eat plenty of junk food! I tried looking the other way while they ate chocolate, ice cream, potato chips... but after a while I guess I missed the feeling you get when you eat carbs (it turns out I am a carb addict-wonderful ) :(

I was a junk lover before now I could just eat junks all day long and I was like addictive to it but when I realize that I was doing more harm to my self I had to look for a way to stop.I stopped storing junks and always have healthy snacks in case I need to snack and I started discipling myself to stick to healthy options still I got used to them before I started OMAD which I completely cut snacks out for a while.So avoid buying junks and apply self discipline to succeed.

I totally can relate with your post and I understand how it feels when the urge of eating these high carb foods comes. My suggestion is for you to eat a lot of lowcarb foods such as vegetables, protein, mushrooms, and cucumber. If ever you crave for sweets, try making your own low-carb dessert by using Stevia as sweetener. Personally, I make my own low-carb chocolate ice cream by mixing all purpose cream, 100% unsweetened cocoa, cheese (optional) and Stevia sweetener. Try this recipe the next time you crave for sweets, especially chocolates and let me know how was it.

Ah I love carbs too. I can totally relate to you girl. I was able to lessen but not that totally avoid eating chips and chocolates by not buying it and stocking in my frigde. They are my comfort food so it's impossible for me not to have it.

I was really trying to this for a long time, but I always get back to them and I eat an entire chocolate, 5 apples and potato chips! I can't live like this people! Give me an advice that helps.

When you always in close proximity with these high carbs items, it's definitely going to be very hard for you to resist consuming them.

I had a typical experience with alcohol consumption. I used to have them well stocked in my refrigerator and I wouldn't go a day without taking at least a minimum of 3 beer cans in a day.

The moment I stopped having the beers stocked in my refrigerator, I saw myself giving up on drinking because I won't bring myself to convinient stores always or beer parlor to drink.

Use this trick and I'm sure you would be able to cut down your carb intake.

When you are actively practicing OMAD, and only having one meal a day, and you eat sweets, it is not the same thing as when we just mindlessly munch on snacks all day long. I think that it will help you, @katarinamurtin , to be sure to have a meal with nutritious foods, lots of good veggies and proteins, and then, if you want chocolate for dessert, you are not going to be eating very much of it , comparatively.
It is better for all of us not to have foods that are just treat foods, but it is something that we all enjoy, so telling ourself that we have to deny any pleasure from eating will only make a person resent their diet, at least that is what I have found happens with me.
My solution, is to work at consistently eating healthy foods, but to also make allowances for treats, but only occasionally, and not as an integral part of my eating.

While I agree that it is going to take time for you too adjust on your eating habits, I don't believe that it is something that is impossible. You have got to push for it and see it happening with a little bit of discipline.

I could suggest to stop thinking about them so that you won't crave for it. Also, stop buying them. On that way, when you suddenly craved for that food and you don't find it in your fridge, you will feel lazy to go to the mall or supermarket to buy it. Lastly, always think on why ypu even started doing OMAD, making yourself inspired will keep you going and let you fight more towards your goal.

There were times I used to crave for carbs but not any more. I avoided them by not thinking of them, storing or even looking at them. I sought instead for more fats and vegetables.

Yes I have 6 family members who eat plenty of junk food! I tried looking the other way while they ate chocolate, ice cream, potato chips... but after a while I guess I missed the feeling you get when you eat carbs (it turns out I am a carb addict-wonderful ) :(

I find this relatable, because, while I didn’t have issues with cutting junk food out of my diet, I had a lot of problems with alcohol. I was bordering on alcoholism with how often I was drinking. I came to my senses and realized it was an awful habit that was killing my health, so I told myself, “I don’t have to quit entirely, but for the next 30 days I’m not going to have a drop of alcohol.” I said if I could go a month without alcohol, then I could drink all I want again. And you know what happened? I stopped drinking altogether.

It can work for any addiction. Tell yourself that this isn’t you stopping entirely, but just for a period of time. You might find that after a period of quitting carbs, you’ll have better self-control when you return to them.

I have the same problem as well especially that here in the Philippines, we always eat carbs with carbs (funny but it's true). For every meal, we always eat rice and then we eat noodles with rice, and sometimes after 30 minutes or more, we eat junk foods again or any other snacks like sweet potato and fried banana on the afternoon and that's very unhealthy. And so, what I did was to make sure that I am fully aware about the negative effects of those kind of foods so that I may become persistent on stopping myself from being tempted like when I'm on the supermarket. Whenever I do the groceries, I always make sure to bring a list of which products should I only purchase and create an estimate of how much money will I spend for me to bring only a small amount, just to pay for the things I need to pay for me to not overspend on things like junk-foods and other unimportant stuff. Also, if you have family members that doesn't have the same diet as you are, what made me survive is to condition my brain with the thoughts that the foods they are eating are bad for me and so I must never get tempted. However, when I get tempted, I sometimes try to take just a small bite and then drink a lot of water or if not, I try to avoid by going to my room instead.

I think OMAD diet really help me to cut carbs from my regular diet. Having one meal a day allowed me to really think for the food that I eat. I make sure that I maximize those foods like vegetables which could give me more nutrients. Eventually, since I eat a lot of vegetables, it is easy for me to be full with eating any carbs. Nowadays, with my OMAD diet, I am proud to say that I am not eating too much carbohydrates.

How about you have something like a wristband on and tie it with your goals to remember easily. It does work. Every time you feel like munching on some chips just snap your wrist and the feeling wears away temporarily.