exercising more how?

im on my 8th day and doing well
i have an exercise question

i would like to exercise at least for
30 minutes a day but need to do it
in 2 sections (15 minutes at a time) (morning and night)
and i tried this but it makes me hungry (because i eat at 6pm)
so i decided to try to exercise before i eat
but i can only do it in 2 sections (15 minutes at a time)
i have to do it in 2 sections due to pain (already tried to switch exercises)
and not being in shape enough to do a whole 30 minutes
so how can i get more time in?

I do my exercise before I eat my meal; but I have my eating window in the middle of the day , between 11-3, depending on when I finish swimming at the fitness center.
On the main website, Jimmy recommends that you exercise shortly before you eat, so you are doing that part right. Maybe you can do the first part before you eat, and the second part before you go to bed, since you do not eat until 6 at night ?
That would give you some time in between, but you should not get hungry because you will have already had your meal earlier.
Can you find an exercise that you enjoy that does not cause you so much pain ?
That can’t be a good thing.
That is why I swim, because it is easier for me to exercise in water. I started out just doing water exercises until I got strong enough to actually swim, and now I can swim for an hour every day and be fine.

I was randomly reading posts and came across your question. The one thing that shook me is that you sometimes feel pain when exercising. I think is something out of the ordinary. If you can, please talk more about this. If you are looking to do more exercise, you can add some minutes to the schedule that you already have. Increase the time you exercise just before a meal, but if you cannot go for half an hour, add 5 minutes to the current schedule. It should be enough as you work your way up the ladder. Most importantly, however, do not overstretch on exercise because it is meant to keep you fit, not to hurt you.

I was randomly reading posts and came across your question. The one thing that shook me is that you sometimes feel pain when exercising. I think is something out of the ordinary. If you can, please talk more about this. If you are looking to do more exercise, you can add some minutes to the schedule that you already have. Increase the time you exercise just before a meal, but if you cannot go for half an hour, add 5 minutes to the current schedule. It should be enough as you work your way up the ladder. Most importantly, however, do not overstretch on exercise because it is meant to keep you fit, not to hurt you.
I was also worried when I saw that he is in pain while exercises. I also wanted to know if he has any underlying medical condition.
Anyway, I like your suggestion to take things slowly and exercise is meant to promote wellness and not to harm you. Also one more thing. It would be very nice of you of you will suggest exercise other than walking that would be suitable for OMAD diet.

I personally think that if you are able to put more time in you will feel it naturally progress, so in my opinion it would be better if you don't push yourself too much for now and just work out for the duration and intensity where you are most comfortable. At some point if you feel yourself getting bored and feel like moving up to a more challenging pace then you will feel it happen naturally and I think this is a much better standard of measure rather than a set amount of time because this way you will only push yourself enough and won't get too burned out and discouraged.

I used to have this bodily pains when I first started exercising and I had a talk with my instructor and he said the body was trying to adjust to the new introduction which is exercises to it.So he was like I should continue and with time my body will adjust and be used to it and also added that we use pains to kill pains.So the best bet is to gradually allow yourself be used to your routine ,you can start with 10 minutes of jogging then gradually up it to allow the body enough time to adjust according.

I personally think that if you are able to put more time in you will feel it naturally progress, so in my opinion it would be better if you don't push yourself too much for now and just work out for the duration and intensity where you are most comfortable. At some point if you feel yourself getting bored and feel like moving up to a more challenging pace then you will feel it happen naturally and I think this is a much better standard of measure rather than a set amount of time because this way you will only push yourself enough and won't get too burned out and discouraged.

I agree. I've also tried exercising more like that. But it didn't end well. I felt mildly uncomfortable after pushing myself. So it's important to listen to your body. Don't do something just because you feel like you have to. Plan your exercise routines right. Hunger will eventually go away once you get used to your eating routines.

so now ive figured out that cycling
is not for me due to the leg pain
so ive stopped
now i need to find something new
to do before i eat
i have been prescribed an increase
in pain meds. dosage but i find that
i dont want more meds. if i can find a new
exercise
i can walk outdoors when i can get my shoes on
but safety is an issue
so my question is
would marching on the spot be effective?
nothing moves my weight so thats not my primary goal
but i would like to be stronger more fit, have more endurance
by the way im now at 4 weeks OMAD

I will advise that you stick to doing the exercise just once in a day especially by 5pm before you take your meal at 6pm. The reason is that we are always going to have that feeling to eat after working out. It always happen to me, so I try to exercise when I want to sleep, so that once I am done, I sleep off. I eat by 1-2pm daily and it is difficult to exercise at that time.

I was also worried when I saw that he is in pain while exercises. I also wanted to know if he has any underlying medical condition.
Anyway, I like your suggestion to take things slowly and exercise is meant to promote wellness and not to harm you. Also one more thing. It would be very nice of you of you will suggest exercise other than walking that would be suitable for OMAD diet.
It would also help if the poster specified on the kind of pain they experience in terms of body part and which kind of exercises they engage in. It might be a serious condition or it can also turn out to be the muscles adjusting due to the sections not having been exercised in aprolonged period. however, seeking medical assistance is also a wise cause of action.

You should have a long gap on doing your exercise before you eat. It may upset your stomach or worst it can ruin your appetite. If you keep on doing exercise then after you are tired you also eat then you are doing it wrong. You just keep telling yourself that after exercise you need to eat. Just take a long time gap before you eat.

Stick to the exercise routine of taking your meal after your workout session. Since your meal time is around 6, I would suggest carrying out your workouts either in the morning or around 2pm, then you can eat by 6.

I hope this works for you because it's just how I combine my exercises with OMAD. I would never eat before working out, it doesn't work well for me that way.

Since I am older, I had a really hard time even trying to exercise after my heart surgery, and my whole body was out of shape from not being able to hardly even move for such a long time, plus I was so overweight that trying to do any kind of exercise was hard for my body. I can really relate to how you are feeling , @pinkbell , and I can share what helped me to get better.
What I did at first was just to exercise a little bit at a time, even when it was only a few minutes at a time. I found a used exercise equipment called a Gazelle, which allowed me to walk in place, but without having to lift my legs each time, because it would glide, and was more like skiiing along.
Since it was right in my house, I would put on some music (or use my headphones) and try to exercise through a whole song before I had to go back and lie down.
Eventually, I got strong enough to where I could walk outside, and even go swimming, which really helped me the most.
So my suggestion, is to just do what you can do, walking in place is a good start. do a little bit until you get tired and then rest, and do more after a little while, and gradually, you will get stronger.

I think the best way to have more time in exercising is to do it early in the morning, when the sun is just barely up. On that way, you won't have to perspirate more because of the heat resulting to your loss of energy. I also suggest to do it before your meal because exercising after meal will eat up the energy that you gathered from your meal. Also, try to drink water each and everytime. It can help you feel that your stomach is full. Goodluck on your journey.

Exercise before the eating window is recommended. Is it not posdible to do a 30 minute exercise at once? You can duvide one before the meal and another after. I recommend two and more hours after the eating window.

However, you are doing fine and should keep going.

So far, you doing good. For me the more I exercised, the greater I started to enjoy it. I appreciated how powerful I felt everytime I working out in gym, and how quick I felt while doing aerobic. I honestly loved the adjustments I felt in my frame.