Exercise & Weight Training Benefits & Tips While Eating One Meal a Day

I've read a lot of stuff that says that fasted exercise burns more fat too! Apparently it has something to do with the body only being able to burn some fat a certain period after meals (due to insulin levels after eating) and as a result most people don't regularly have enough time after meals for the body to hit that state. Fasting allows it though...just another benefit of OMAD!

I really love to read the tips that OMAD giving to this forum. My journey while doing the the OMAD is somehow hard, eating one meal a day is pretty unbelievable at me first since ofcourse if there is a lot of temptation surrounding me, like I'm working outside. I do cheat sometimes with some small amount of sweets food.

I think no one on OMAD can work out for more than an hour. I personally can't. It's very tiring. I also make sure I drink a lot of water while working out. This is very important! I think we're very weak when on OMAD and so one should take this into consideration. You can't have your normal workout routine while on OMAD.

I also have read that working out while you are on a fast is more effective. However most people that do this fast only from 16-18 hours. I know people who can also do this while on a 24 hour fast however it takes quite some getting used to. M recommendation based on personal experience is you do it. I workout and I'm on OMAD. To avoid an energy dip or having a less effective workout because of no energy I have a cup of black coffee before and I also workout just before I eat.

I think no one on OMAD can work out for more than an hour. I personally can't. It's very tiring. I also make sure I drink a lot of water while working out. This is very important! I think we're very weak when on OMAD and so one should take this into consideration. You can't have your normal workout routine while on OMAD.
I agree. I can do it maybe 30 minutes and I need to do it before the meal for that day so that I'll not crave or feel too much hungry.

I believe I already wrote here that I didn't have the strength to do training of muscles such as lifting and etc. I believe something was wrong with the combination of my diet, like Happyflowers wrote before. I might try it again in a few. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy Swartz OMAD Exercise & Weight Training Tips Omaddiet.com articles 9
Happyflowerlady Benefits of a fitness tracker to monitor exercise. Exercise & Training 3
Corzhens Using the stairs for exercise Exercise & Training 26
Corzhens Excessive exercise can wear you down and your appetite as well Exercise & Training 24
Corzhens Swimming is best exercise Exercise & Training 38
Corzhens Pulling the exercise spring Exercise & Training 1
sheriff 22 Is there a level of exercise and training that is unhealthy. Exercise & Training 14
Kakashi2020 What is the best liquid to take during exercise? Exercise & Training 13
Kakashi2020 Mental Exercise Exercise & Training 13
Alymae 10 minute exercise Exercise & Training 23
Corzhens Feeling weak to exercise Exercise & Training 17
Corzhens More rest with more exercise Exercise & Training 6
Kakashi2020 No Exercise OMAD, is it effective? Exercise & Training 21
Corzhens The best time to exercise for your schedule Exercise & Training 27
Corzhens Going hungrier with the exercise Exercise & Training 10
Kakashi2020 Water Consumption during your exercise Exercise & Training 21
Jimmy Swartz Exercise & Training While Eating One Meal A Day - Benefits & Tips Exercise & Training 18
Kakashi2020 Do I need to exercise or lift weights while doing OMAD? Exercise & Training 18
R How often should a person exercise? Exercise & Training 37
Terri Best Exercise Schedule Eating One Meal a Day (Omad) Exercise & Training 12
Q How to NOT lose weight on OMAD General Discussion 1
D My OMAD weight loss (and lifestyle) journey has begun General Discussion 8
Jenn211 Would you ever do the biggest loser to lose weight? Exercise & Training 4
Devin77 Would Keto increase weight loss on OMAD? General Discussion 3
D What do you do with your old clothes after losing weight? General Discussion 3
Anna Losing weight, but belly won't go away Exercise & Training 3
Happyflowerlady Earn points at Walgreens for tracking your weight and fitness activities ! Exercise & Training 2
D My current weight loss Share your Progress 8
T Stopped loosing weight General Discussion 7
D Weight Watchers Drop Out Share your Progress 3
Summer Well here goes nothing! (or you know, hopefully a lot of weight....) General Discussion 2
M restarting OMAD after weight regain General Discussion 5
superpishi Not losing any weight on Omad General Discussion 8
Z My weight loss journey using OMAD General Discussion 5
S How often do you check your weight while on omad/keto? Exercise & Training 11
Meshack Bwoyele Keya Is There An End To Losing Weight? General Discussion 18
Suzanna Finally found a way to lose weight! General Discussion 14
W 8 days in and no weight loss General Discussion 11
anyone01 Is weight genetic? General Discussion 13
Coco Sunshine Whats the best way of doing OMAD to achieve Weight loss General Discussion 6
anyone01 Have you ever tried some detox drinks to lose weight? Liquids 10
mark86 Is brown rice bad for you when trying to lose weight? General Discussion 13
mark86 Is Green Coffee Bean good for weight loss? Liquids 10
Corzhens Soda is like beer, makes you gain weight. General Discussion 6
Corzhens Less sleep can make you gain weight General Discussion 18
nekonieden When did you start losing weight? Share your Progress 38
anyone01 Have you ever tried some detox drinks to lose weight? General Discussion 15
wotters How much weight have you lost General Discussion 5
Kakashi2020 Laughing to Lose Weight Exercise & Training 7
Alymae Spices for weight loss General Discussion 9