Contact Sports is a No

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion contact Sports should not be played when doing OMAD because sports like boxing, martial arts and fencing would deplete your body's energy quickly and might be dangerous to the person dieting.

I know of some mixed martial arts fighters in our village and I have heard their heavy training. Amid the objective of cutting weight, they still eat a lot of meat to replenish the lost energy in their training. I don't think it is wise to be on OMAD if you are an athlete particularly for a contact sport like mixed martial arts. It will require a lot of cardio training for stamina and you wouldn't have that with OMAD.

I know of some mixed martial arts fighters in our village and I have heard their heavy training. Amid the objective of cutting weight, they still eat a lot of meat to replenish the lost energy in their training. I don't think it is wise to be on OMAD if you are an athlete particularly for a contact sport like mixed martial arts. It will require a lot of cardio training for stamina and you wouldn't have that with OMAD.

I do agree completely on that contact sports practice, matches and training needs a lot of cardio and endurance training and would deplete the energy of a person doing this diet. It's best not to try these sports when doing OMAD.

Yup. it's either you fast or engage in a physical or competitive sports. Boxers fast so they'd be able to lose pounds during the weighing in but after they pass the scale, they'd usually pig out for good to gain weight and energy for the fight. It's a strategy actually but never do we hear athletes fasting before any game.

In terms of sparring yes i agree, contact sport has different method in dieting. There are more into capitalizing strength and endurance, OMAD is different and one should not go into contact sport specially with sparring sessions.

In my opinion contact Sports should not be played when doing OMAD because sports like boxing, martial arts and fencing would deplete your body's energy quickly and might be dangerous to the person dieting.

Exactly. You have a very good point about this subject and I completely understand and agree with you on it because when you are on OMAD diet, your body seems to be running on low energy because of the light food you depend on. Contact sports takes a great deal of toll on one's body and it's not advisable to subject yourself to such sports being on OMAD.

I don't do strenuous and energy sapping exercises since I'm already in a fasting period.i go more with cardiovascular exercises that doesn't sap much energy and doesn't put much pressure on the body.i think contact sports should be minimized during OMAD DIET.

You may be right as I always try to get involved in light trainings when I am doing Omad. I don't really want to be part of anything that will make me to get injured or put myself at such risk when I am doing Omad. So, I think we should try to avoid sports like boxing when doing Omad.

You are right. Doing hard training like the martial arts really requires a lot of energy. We can't have that enough energy when doing Omad. It's true that either you fast or do physical sports. The two can't go along together. Actually lately I'm engaging myself into kick boxing and judo. It's very really effective especially when you want to tone your body and harden your muscles. But whenever I have training I eat a regular meal 3x a day.

You may be right as I always try to get involved in light trainings when I am doing Omad. I don't really want to be part of anything that will make me to get injured or put myself at such risk when I am doing Omad. So, I think we should try to avoid sports like boxing when doing Omad.

Well, one thing that I have known to be constant in any contact sports or exercises are injuries because I have had my fair share of it.

I used to be very active in playing football (soccer) and on my unfortunate day, I had a knee injury when I fell awkwardly. The injury took 6 months with intensive treatment before it healed. I was lucky it didn't require a surgery to fix it.

True. It's definitely not good to do OMAD when you're an athlete or a constant player of contact sports like Martial Arts. I have actually seen a Korean Variety show about Martial Artists and I was totally mind blown about their diet because they eat a lot of carbohydrates which if I did as a regular person, I would have gain a lot of fats. However, because they exercise regularly, they need those foods in order to gain muscles.

Contact sports utilizes a lot of energy and I remember that Our school's rugby players had some sort of a special diet and at times when they had games they could be fed several times so that their energy levels remain high.

Contact sports utilizes a lot of energy and I remember that Our school's rugby players had some sort of a special diet and at times when they had games they could be fed several times so that their energy levels remain high.

I would never try playing rugby. It's among the top 3 most injury prone contact sports. When I watch people playing it, I get freaked out easily. Now considering my energy level being on one meal a day, I don't think that I would ever survive one training session in rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.