Benefits of a fitness tracker to monitor exercise.

We all know that it is important to do some kind of exercise each day, even if we are not trying to build up muscles or become an athlete of some kind. Wearing a fitness tracker is an invaluable tool for tracking any exercise that you do each day, and most of them can integrate with a phone app nowdays, which makes it ieven easier to use a fitness tracker.
The trackers come in all types, sizes and prices; so you can always find one that meets your needs for your fitness goals. Some smartphones can also track your steps as long as you are carrying your phone when you walk.

I have tried several types of trackers, starting with a tiny one called “Fitbug” that clipped on my clothes, to a Jawbone UP that I wore on my wrist , and now I have an Apple Watch that I really love, and it does everything I might need or want.
My watch can be set for almost any kind of exercise, including swimming, since it has a lock that activates when I wear it in water. It tells me how long I swim, how far I swim, how many laps, as well as how many calories that I burned while I was swimming.
It records how many steps I take each day, and even tracks my heart rate, so I can tell if it is working at an appropriate rhythm for the exercise that I am doing.
It even tracks my sleep patterns, which is also very important when we are doing intermittent fasting, and want to make sure that we get enough good quality sleep each night.
I definitely recommend getting a fitness tracker of some sort, to help with your fitness goals.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
I highly recommend a fitness tracker as well. With all the technology available today, fitness trackers are a great way to monitor your health and activity effortlessly. With so many options to choose from out there, it's hard to go wrong with many of them.

I myself have used the fitbit Charge 2 and loved it. The fitbit makes it easy to connect and challenge your friends/family. The fitbit motivates you to become more active. I loved pushing myself with more activity/steps just so I could outpace other friends/family. Anytime you have someone or a group pushing you to achieve more only leads to long term success.

They also help hold you accountable to yourself. Once you have an idea of your activity everyday, you don't want to fail yourself and dip below those numbers. I found myself putting in extra work or activity just keep my numbers up.

The exciting thing is that I only expect these fitness trackers to become more advanced with even more tracking abilities.

I am using an app to track my calorie intake as well as my number of steps but it is not really reliable. It would be very nice if I can also have fitbit charge 2. Can I ask where can I buy it?
Keeping track of your daily activities gives you a sense of achievement. It can motivate you to do more as well as it can also set a limit. It is very nice so you will not strain yourself or you will not underachieve daily.

Here is the results of my exercise for last month, and for this month up until today. You can see that there are 3 little circles to be completed. The pink circle is how many calories I burned. When I swim, I usually double or triple the 400 calories that it is set for. On days that I don’t swim, I am doing good to get to the 400 calories, so the swimming really helps my exercise.
Once the weather cools down, I will also be able to go outside and walk more.

The green circle is how many exercise minutes I spent burning active calories, and 30 minutes is the pre-programmed daily goal. When I swim, it is usually at least an hour, sometimes more, so it will go around 2-3 times on those days.

The blue circle is that I have stood up and walked at least once each hour for 12 hours of the day.
My Apple Watch also has a sharing capability, so I share with all three of my adult children, as well as my husband, because we all have the same fitness trackers.
B9C91599-0600-4B55-BC56-904C56F77FFE.jpeg