Smoking kills appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a smoker but according to my friends who smoke, it helps in keeping control of their appetite. In fact, one friend would smoke right before eating. I guess it is effective in killing the appetite because most of those smokers have maintained a nice figure of their body. However, we know that smoking has undesirable side effects particularly the disease that it can bring so I am not considering it. But maybe in dire situations that I needed to lose weight then smoking is an option.

I've heard that too. I also have a friend in the office who spends time smoking instead of eating lunch or dinner. I'm not sure though if this is just her way to while away time during her break or to get her mind off food. She definitely lost a lot of weight. But she was really strong willed and that maybe the reason she lost weight.

I'm not against smoking, but it seems funny when those that smoke bring one excuse or the other as a reason for the continuous behaviour. I look at this as a fallacy wait might be working for one person and not the other person.

No I wouldn't endanger myself just to lose weight.okay let look at it this way one smokes like a chimney to lose weight and that's granted and not too long one start battling bad effects of smoking like lung cancer,impaired reasoning,heart disease,nails infections etc.Why would I go through these because of weight reduction.

I am a smoker since I had 18 years old but if I smoke a cigarette before I eat it doesn't kill my appetite, coffee does, and when I don't want to eat I drink a coffee in four hours, this will kill my appetite until the 6 pm.

This is something that I’ve heard throughout the years, but it hasn’t had any effect on me. I started smoking at around 17 years old, and I never noticed that it killed my appetite. I could smoke a cigarette and be ready for lunch 5 minutes later. When I quit smoking, I didn’t see much of a change in my appetite either, but a lot of my friends who quit actually ended up getting much heavier.

I think it might have something to do with the fact that my body doesn’t absorb nicotine in the same way most people do. In any case, I definitely wouldn’t recommend picking up smoking as a dietary aid.

I am not a smoker but according to my friends who smoke, it helps in keeping control of their appetite. In fact, one friend would smoke right before eating. I guess it is effective in killing the appetite because most of those smokers have maintained a nice figure of their body. However, we know that smoking has undesirable side effects particularly the disease that it can bring so I am not considering it. But maybe in dire situations that I needed to lose weight then smoking is an

I don't believe in this. I have friends that smoke before eating but they don't lose their appetite. This is just a lame excuse. Maybe they are on the thin side because they are destroying their body on the inside. This is a disaster waiting to happen. If you don't smoke before don't do it just for the sake of losing weight. It will bring more harm than help to your body.

I'm a smoker and somehow it's true. You will lose the sense of smell and it's hard to taste the food if you smoke before you eat, and the best partner of smoke is coffee. Some people drinks their coffee while smoking and helps them skipped the meals.

I smoke too and it's true, but it's not really healthy to use it as an appetite suppressant. I only smoke a few sticks of cigarettes a day and I try not to use them that way and instead I just drink water when I'm hungry. Sometimes if I'm working while fasting I'll have one but I try not to make too much of a habit of it and instead I'm just trying to ween myself off cigarettes altogether and also better my diet at the same time.

I don't recommend it, there's a lot of way to divert craving and smoking is not one of it. First of smoking is bad for your health, if you think you have a solution for cravings you might be adding more problem on the future.

Nicotine does have an effect on appetite, but it also comes with various health problems which are severe and life0threatening so it's not worth it to smoke.

When I used to smoke or drink alcohol I would lose my appetites. I'm not going to say I'll never drink again but Im not going start smoking again because its not healthy for me.

I’ve also heard that, and I did sadly smoke for a while as a teenager and in my early 20’s. Thankfully I quit, because I was already noticing an impact on my health back then. It’s not worth it!

I've also had about this. I don't smoke but I think its true. That's why most models smoke and drink coffee because they can't eat as much as they want to. To be a model you need to maintain your stick like appearance. You can only eat so many salads before you get tempted. Models everywhere swear that smoking helps them curb their appetite. I think smoking is quite unhealthy, but someone should find out what it contains and make it into an appetite suppressant pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.