Roasted food is better than fried

In a casual chat with the physician in our family, he is the husband of my sister, one interesting topic was food. Roasted food is definitely a healthy choice especially for meat because the dirty elements are removed. The best way to roast meat, be it pork, beef or even chicken, is to roast it over the coal and let the juice drip. That juice has the cholesterol. With fish, it is good to save the beneficial elements so you should use a foil wrap so the juice will be preserved. We eat roasted meat or broiled fish once a week whenever we have time to cook.

I love roasted meats, and also roasted veggies! I love chopping up a big tray of different vegetables and roasting them with some herbs and seasonings in the oven. Delicious, filling, healthy and full of flavor.

My mother started doing this five or six years ago. Roasting is really more delicious. The smell of it make me crave for it more. I like that the meat is being cooking from its own oil specially when it is chicken meat.

I think almost everyone knows that. It takes away a lot of negative elements on the food. And one of them are the fats. Roasting it will make a lot of fat in a certain meat take out.

This is true as some fatty elements are taken off when we roast out meat unlike what we have when we use oil to fry them. The difference is always huge and something you can't really decide to eat fried meat instead.

I agree to this a hundred percent. Fried foods are just too unhealthy and where I live it's ten times unhealthy because if you can't afford to buy oil from the supermarket, you'll have no choice but to buy from small stores or sari-sari store as we call it and the oil in there are left-overs from fast food chains. That is why my siblings and I try to eat more roasted filkmish frequently because it's healthier.

I agree to this a hundred percent. Fried foods are just too unhealthy and where I live it's ten times unhealthy because if you can't afford to buy oil from the supermarket, you'll have no choice but to buy from small stores or sari-sari store as we call it and the oil in there are left-overs from fast food chains. That is why my siblings and I try to eat more roasted filkmish frequently because it's healthier.
It is defintely not good to use recycled oil from a fast food chain, because it is not only polluted, but it is not a healthy oil to begin with.
We have been educated to believe that vegetable oils are healthier than animal fats; but this is simply not true. Commercial factories can make a lot of money from vegetable oils, and they have donated an incredible amount of money to health organizations to convince them to state that vegetable oils are better than natural fats.
Vegetable oils that are not highly processed are healthy oils, like virgin oilive oil; but canola oil, cottonseed oil, corn oil, and most of the main types of vegetable oil are highly processed and then bleached to be sellable.

Roasting food is fine, but if you are using a healthy fat to fry or sauté with, then this is perfectly fine as a preparation method as well, and you do not lose as many nutrients as you do when boiling meat (unless you drink the broth).

I love roasted and fried food so anything available is fine with me. I think it's just the preparation that matters because both of them have some issue's if not prepared adequately. There are times that roast meat are cooked unevenly and this is a great risk for hepatitis. Fried foods are rich in cholesterol so having them too much could lead to health issues.

I love roasted and fried food so anything available is fine with me. I think it's just the preparation that matters because both of them have some issue's if not prepared adequately. There are times that roast meat are cooked unevenly and this is a great risk for hepatitis. Fried foods are rich in cholesterol so having them too much could lead to health issues.
This is only a partially true statement.
Regardless of whether the meat is boiled, roasted , or fried, if it is contaminated and not cooked properly, then there is a danger of the hepatitis virus, and most especially of the meat is pork.
Cholesterol is one of the most important things our body needs, and we actually manufacture most of it ourselves, and very little comes from the food we eat. Our brain has to have cholesterol to function properly, and it is actually since doctors have been prescribing cholesterol-reducing drugs that we have seen dementia related diseases become more prevalent.

Here is a good article that explains how important it is to have enough cholesterol for proper brain function.

https://chriskresser.com/cholesterol-lowering-drugs-reduce-brain-function/

In a casual chat with the physician in our family, he is the husband of my sister, one interesting topic was food. Roasted food is definitely a healthy choice especially for meat because the dirty elements are removed. The best way to roast meat, be it pork, beef or even chicken, is to roast it over the coal and let the juice drip. That juice has the cholesterol. With fish, it is good to save the beneficial elements so you should use a foil wrap so the juice will be preserved. We eat roasted meat or broiled fish once a week whenever we have time to cook.
I had not thought that roasted meat is really well cooked. There are times it drips with blood. Maybe those who roast in my area do not know how to do it.

Roasted meat seems to cause many diseases including brucellosis. Roasted meat also makes potbellied men.

I agree. As much as I hate to admit it, I like fried foods better more times than not, but it really is beneficial to just avoid it altogether and substitute it with roasted meat as much as possible. To be honest, I've been pondering just giving up meat entirely and just eating vegetables exclusively instead as I feel that would be simpler but I think if you can't do it that way then eating roasted meat is not bad as a second best option.

The truth is whether the food is roasted or fried, what matter is how much you eat either of them because you can't afford to eat one in excess and expect it not to have any side effects. So, as much as it would seem that roasted food are better than fried food, it is important to balance it up.

I think that healthwise one could successfully argue and persuade others that roasted foods are better than fried foods. Also, practically speaking, when roasting you don't need oil or you don't need that much oil. So if you're on a desert island and there is no oil, you can roast your food over a fire and survive. :D I hear that some people have cut out fried foods completely from their diet. But I seldom hear that people don't roast, bake, broil or boil their food.

I think that healthwise one could successfully argue and persuade others that roasted foods are better than fried foods. Also, practically speaking, when roasting you don't need oil or you don't need that much oil. So if you're on a desert island and there is no oil, you can roast your food over a fire and survive. :D I hear that some people have cut out fried foods completely from their diet. But I seldom hear that people don't roast, bake, broil or boil their food.
In my area, boiled food trends most. Sweet potatoes, cassava, yams, bananas and many others are boiled in tight closed lids. They end up being sweet and delicious. They are free from spices and oil. There were times they were roasted too. Now it is rare. Meat is the food I doubt its readiness when roasted.

I agree with you,it better for me and I have been trying to roast some of my food like yam,potatoes and water yam if I really need them dry for my consumption pleasure than frying especially deep frying which will introduce more oil and calories into my food.Roasting food helps to make us consume less calories especially for those on a weight loss journey like me instead of increasing it when the same food is fried and consumed.

In my area, boiled food trends most. Sweet potatoes, cassava, yams, bananas and many others are boiled in tight closed lids. They end up being sweet and delicious. They are free from spices and oil. There were times they were roasted too. Now it is rare. Meat is the food I doubt its readiness when roasted.

My husband is from The Bahamas and he introduced me to cassava and yucca. Instead of potato in our soup, he used yucca. As for cassava, instead of eating potato chips, he liked cassava chips. One vegetable that I always used to boil that he prepared for me by roasting was corn. A roasted ear of corn is the most delicious food in the world! I watched a cooking show called Iron Chef and the "key ingredient" was corn. After the judges tasted all of the chef's dishes he gave them one last dish. It was an ear of corn roasted with a little bit of butter. One of the judges asked if he was making fun of them. He said that was his way of saying that corn was so delicious you really didn't need to do anything to it! :)

My parents prefer roasting than frying because it could help us lessen our intake of cholesterol especially because my father has heart ailment. Roasting makes a meat juicier and tastier. We usually roast chicken meat as our dinner, although the crunchiness is way too different from those chickens that were fried, the taste of a roasted chicken still gives a unique taste that I really like.

My husband is from The Bahamas and he introduced me to cassava and yucca. Instead of potato in our soup, he used yucca. As for cassava, instead of eating potato chips, he liked cassava chips. One vegetable that I always used to boil that he prepared for me by roasting was corn. A roasted ear of corn is the most delicious food in the world! I watched a cooking show called Iron Chef and the "key ingredient" was corn. After the judges tasted all of the chef's dishes he gave them one last dish. It was an ear of corn roasted with a little bit of butter. One of the judges asked if he was making fun of them. He said that was his way of saying that corn was so delicious you really didn't need to do anything to it! :)
The judge was surely right. I love roasted corn. That is what we love eating and it us delicious. Roasted intestines of chicken is the most favorite food of children. You cut the intestines along its length, remove the wastes, tie it around a stick and roast on open fire. Wow! They love it.

Indeed. Roasting is good but not all the of the times and and sometimes frying is not so bad not all cholesterol are "bad". There are these so-called "good" cholesterol or the high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol. Basically, HDL particles are denser compared other types of cholesterol; hence the term high-density.

Experts believe that high levels of HDL can reduce risk of heart disease by picking up excess cholesterol in your blood, and taking it back to the liver where it is broken down and removed from your body. Several interventions that tend to increase the levels of HDL include regular exercise (often a 60-minute moderate intensity aerobics) and proper diet. Avoid foods that are rich in trans fat such as cakes, cookies, and fried foods that tend to increase the level of bad cholesterol or the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.

Indeed. Roasting is good but not all the of the times and and sometimes frying is not so bad not all cholesterol are "bad". There are these so-called "good" cholesterol or the high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol. Basically, HDL particles are denser compared other types of cholesterol; hence the term high-density.

Experts believe that high levels of HDL can reduce risk of heart disease by picking up excess cholesterol in your blood, and taking it back to the liver where it is broken down and removed from your body. Several interventions that tend to increase the levels of HDL include regular exercise (often a 60-minute moderate intensity aerobics) and proper diet. Avoid foods that are rich in trans fat such as cakes, cookies, and fried foods that tend to increase the level of bad cholesterol or the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
How does HDL and LDL affected wirh roasting or frying food. I thought there foods known for HDL like wine, nuts and many others. Those with LDL are like the ones you mentioned.

Now here we were discussing of how roasted food is superior to fried. Am sure that fried food has more if the bad cholesterol depending on the fats used.