Question for the ladies...

Have you noticed any differences in your cycle once doing omad? I've read that omad/if can have negative effects on females hormones and even cause issues with fertility. I'm finding though that my hormones seem to be balancing out and acting more "normal" than they have in a long time. Reason being, I have pcos and the only time I've even had a cycle in the last 8 years was when I was on the pill for a year. After 5 days of omad my cycle just started up out of the blue on it's own which was very unexpected to say the least. The only thing I've changed is going from eating way too much way too often to omad.

While I say question for the ladies, I'm more than open to anyone's insights/knowledge on this matter.

Have you noticed any differences in your cycle once doing omad? I've read that omad/if can have negative effects on females hormones and even cause issues with fertility. I'm finding though that my hormones seem to be balancing out and acting more "normal" than they have in a long time. Reason being, I have pcos and the only time I've even had a cycle in the last 8 years was when I was on the pill for a year. After 5 days of omad my cycle just started up out of the blue on it's own which was very unexpected to say the least. The only thing I've changed is going from eating way too much way too often to omad.

While I say question for the ladies, I'm more than open to anyone's insights/knowledge on this matter.
Hi agathis,

I am finally able to answer this as I am now reaching nearly a month on OMAD. I haven't noticed a difference but my monthly is pretty consistent. I do have issues with hormonal acne though but haven't noticed (no jinx) anything this go around. Also, I still have my cravings for my hormonal trinity--chocolate, fries, and beer.

Thank you. I'm noticing so many small changes physically and emotionally I know my hormones have to be improving. Some of it my be in my head, but some of it is very real. I just hope they level out and stay in a good place and that any benefits from that happening stick around.

Thank you. I'm noticing so many small changes physically and emotionally I know my hormones have to be improving. Some of it my be in my head, but some of it is very real. I just hope they level out and stay in a good place and that any benefits from that happening stick around.[/QUOTE
I'm glad you are noticing positive changes and I wouldn't doubt what you are experiencing. I'm sure you know your body like no other , so I hope the improvements continue for you.

Hello agathist! I have a friend who has PCOS and she needs to eat plenty of green vegetables to normalize her monthly period. When she eats high amount of starchy and sugary foods with no vegetables consecutively, it will reflect on her menstrual cycle. I suggest for you to eat high amount of vegetables during your OMAD diet. I hope this helps!

I have read about most weight loss routine affecting the hormones and causing changes to the system of the body, I think it just like any other thing that would bring changes to the body because the body is not used to especially in the first few days or even weeks but balances out in due time,so I don't think it what we should worry so much about unless it something very serious but personally never experience any serious issue with OMAD.