New to the omad diet, but willing to try it

J

Jessica Heilman

Hey all
1f917.png
1f917.png
I really wanna try omad, the thing is tho it sounds so hard, how do people get all the calories they need in one meal? I'm vegan and I eat high carb low fat is that ok on omad? What does a meal look like? Please help
1f600.png

I have bowl of homemade cream veg soup followed by rib eye steak pan fried in butter with mushrooms with steamed broccoli,courgette,sugar snap peas drizzled with melted butter followed by Greek yogurt with added double cream with a few berries....I don't count calories but have been at my goal weight since December,lowest weight & dress size ever too....2009 I was just under 14st now I go between 9st 3 to 9st 7lbs .....dropped from uk size 16/18,occasionally a 20 depending on the make & I'm now a 10/12....I only eat between 8/9pm mon- fri at weekend it's earlier as I go out with friends...hope this helps.

I think you should continue eating however you prefer- vegetarian or whatever- just delay your first daily meal until around 2-4pm and then try to limit any snacking after or any other meals after the one. Once you're used to eating OMAD, you will find what time of day works best for you! Good luck!

I think you should first change your mindset,a lot of achievements comes from a determined heart.OMAD isn't difficult or hard for a determined mind.I did had the same mindset when I started out but along the way I totally changed my mind and here I'm today with a good story.Be determined just start taking your meal once a day. You can go ahead with your meals but have your eating window and stick with once a day to see the change you desire.

What I always have is a plate of fried potatoes with some cooked meat while I was starting. Eating pumpkin soup with semolina is also a good way for me. The major challenge that you are going to have is believing that this is what you can achieve. As long as you are able to have that never go back mindset, then success is sure on this!

I think you should continue eating however you prefer- vegetarian or whatever- just delay your first daily meal until around 2-4pm and then try to limit any snacking after or any other meals after the one. Once you're used to eating OMAD, you will find what time of day works best for you! Good luck!

When I start, I always use some activities like playing games, reading stories to delay the time that I eat. It was helpful for me and I believe it can work for others as well. Nothing is easy at the start until it gets to master us.

My meal always comes with fruits, vegetables and sometimes a meat also. But since you're vegan, for me, the best substitute for meat is tofu. It can provide proteinfor your body, although not unlike the protein that real meat can give but it can help you sustain your diet. Everything will have a rough start, even I had a rough start. I madr adjustments and sacrifices. For me, the real challenge here is how dedicated you are for your goal. Just always keep in mind why you started and never surrender. We are here to support you.

I think you should first change your mindset,a lot of achievements comes from a determined heart.OMAD isn't difficult or hard for a determined mind.I did had the same mindset when I started out but along the way I totally changed my mind and here I'm today with a good story.Be determined just start taking your meal once a day. You can go ahead with your meals but have your eating window and stick with once a day to see the change you desire.
Good advice. I also had to do a major mindset shift regarding how I used to eat and what my routine was and the way it was difficult and impossible to break. However I kept being focused on the goal and with time I became adapted. It all begins in the mind as all motivational speakers like to say and this is true I have experienced it.

Good advice. I also had to do a major mindset shift regarding how I used to eat and what my routine was and the way it was difficult and impossible to break. However I kept being focused on the goal and with time I became adapted. It all begins in the mind as all motivational speakers like to say and this is true I have experienced it.
Good to hear this,I had experienced same and I told myself the best bet is reconditioning the mind.Nothing is ever impossible with a determined mind.It is always good to put our mind to work and be serious with the routine and when once the body adapt to it,it can become a lifestyle.

I think it only looks or sounds hard from the perspective of someone that eats three times a day, which I'm fairly sure everyone here who now practices OMAD once did eat three times a day. The thing is that when you eat only once a day you don't get as hungry as you do when your body is expecting another meal out of you because you are regularly putting in fuel. Eating only once a day makes you used to that routine and the hunger you feel at night, if any, is really a lot different from the hunger you would feel when you are eating three times a day and just decide to skip dinner all of a sudden.

Good to hear this,I had experienced same and I told myself the best bet is reconditioning the mind.Nothing is ever impossible with a determined mind.It is always good to put our mind to work and be serious with the routine and when once the body adapt to it,it can become a lifestyle.
Great it seems like you are already converted. hahaha. I can't wait to hear of the challenges that you will experience as all of us have some and the new tricks you come up with to encounter the problems along the way. I am happy nonetheless to continue interacting with you on this amazing platform.

Great it seems like you are already converted. hahaha. I can't wait to hear of the challenges that you will experience as all of us have some and the new tricks you come up with to encounter the problems along the way. I am happy nonetheless to continue interacting with you on this amazing platform.
You're welcome.yea,any good thing comes with it challenges but the power to look beyond them gives us the desired success. It never easy to give up food especially if you're a foodie like me. What ever gave me all that weight were junks and eating too much.So what I do now is to try and get way smaller clothes and tell myself I need to wear this shirt within a time frame say the next two months and I focus on accomplishing that and it has been helpful in my weight loss journey but I think a determined heart works for everyone.

You should never focus on the past my friend. whatever happened then happened and unfortunately there is little you can do to change it at that time. Unless you got a time machine in your closet that is, hahaha. You can, however, focus on the future and work on your present to have a better future. All the junks you ate are in the past and your journey requires you to now start adopting something even better for your future to be as you want it to be.