Mental fatigue due to lack of food

Do you experience mental fatigue when you get hungry? I have a full time job in the office and I am apprehensive that the performance of my work will be affected by extreme dieting. Pardon me for saying that OMAD will make me hungry that it will divert my attention and ruin my focus on what I should be doing particularly the office work. It is my habit to have some snack food when tackling heavy work in the office and that’s what I am thinking. What should I do about that habit of snacking while working when I go OMAD?

I think it's a matter of prioritizing what's more important. If you really can't focus on your work when you're not snacking, then maybe OMAD is not the right type of diet for you. You can try reducing the portions of your other meals so that when you get hungry in the office, you can still have some snacks.

Yes, I did mental fatigue when I have started the diet, I guess it lasted for a week or two after that all came to normal.

I guess everybody experienced mental fatigue during diet, but one should consider the goal they set. If you decided to go on a diet you also know that events like this will come and you should have alternatives to fight hunger. One is water, drinking lots of water will ease hunger and mental fatigue. I suggest fruit infused water to add some nutrients. In case you cannot overcome hunger, it's wise to eat fruits as a snack. It's cheating in a healthy way.

Yes, Ialso experienced mental Fatigue on only once but most of the time. Maybe, I pushing myself that time to the limit. My Brain seems not to function well. I can't focus in my studies and always feel hungry. I even can't sleep properly. From that time on, I started to rearrange my eating window and eating breakfast every day. I think it's true that breakfast is a must meal.

Yeah, specially if we are just getting started the diet. My body really craving for foods, it's really hard to sleep at night, and relax my mind. My body and mind keeps looking for the normal foods.

As they say 'mind over matter'. Maybe you are not yet used with the diet that's why you feel that way. Sometimes, even if you are used to it, you might still feel mental fatigue. I suggest that you drink lots of liquid like water, tea, or black coffee. Or maybe your pushing yourself too much. Rest if you must but don't quit. Our goal is to be fit in all aspects. Physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Just keep on taking no snacks until you get into it. If you will cheat and don't have discipline in eating the right diet, you will waste only your time if you go on a diet without the right focus.

I found that it took me a little while to get into a groove - a couple of weeks felt a bit foggy, like I couldn’t focus properly. But after that, it was like a light switch was flipped and I’d say I feel like I have more clarity and focus than ever!

I found that it took me a little while to get into a groove - a couple of weeks felt a bit foggy, like I couldn’t focus properly. But after that, it was like a light switch was flipped and I’d say I feel like I have more clarity and focus than ever!

That is one thing that everything we do in life can bring. I never had it easy too adapting to Omad when I started, but looking back and understanding how good that it has helped me. I would say that I am grateful to God for everything.

To get rid of mental fatigue I do meditation at dawn and at lunch time, this way I won't think of food. I also drink a lot of coffee because it helps to curb my appetite.

Do you experience mental fatigue when you get hungry? I have a full time job in the office and I am apprehensive that the performance of my work will be affected by extreme dieting. Pardon me for saying that OMAD will make me hungry that it will divert my attention and ruin my focus on what I should be doing particularly the office work. It is my habit to have some snack food when tackling heavy work in the office and that’s what I am thinking. What should I do about that habit of snacking while working when I go OMAD?
I also used to work in an office and do just like what you did, I eat snacks while doing my work, it is my way of refreshing mind and eating snacks keeps me awake. I used to drink coffee together with my snacks. But there was a time when I needed to cut down some fats, so what I did was I drink a lot of water and have some candy sometimes, or i just drink coffee. I cut down eating snacks. One of my officemate's doctor said that snacks are the most contributor to getting fat. So you must cut down on your snack and just focus on your work. If you are worried that you might not be focus on doing your job because of the thought on food, maybe you have to find a way to satisfy your taste buds. Like prepare some water-lemon drink or other fruit juices. It might or might not help you, but at least try it so you will know.

That's hard if you are doing a full time work. I have work and I'm also studying that why when I have a class our work I just following my daily meal but ofcourse i making sure its all healthy food and not doing OMAD since, I need energy for my work and study. But when its my day off and I don't have things to do in a day that's when I'm doing OMAD I think twice a week.

I know people who really gets weak when they are hungry. He even needs to bring a crackers all the time for him to have an instant food when he is hungry. It is so hard having that kind of mental problem.

I have the same problem when I try to work during the mornings and luckily I work from home so I can just choose to work after I have had my meal in the afternoon. Some have said that drinking coffee without sugar helps a lot with efficiency in the morning so maybe you can try that out. You could also maybe try slowly easing into OMAD by just having two meals a day in the meantime within a 4-6 hour window so you can still have some coffee in the morning and have lunch and maybe a snack to get you by until you are done with work, and after you get used to that then you could go on to the next challenge and try to further limit your meals and eating window time.

I also used to work in an office and do just like what you did, I eat snacks while doing my work, it is my way of refreshing mind and eating snacks keeps me awake. I used to drink coffee together with my snacks. But there was a time when I needed to cut down some fats, so what I did was I drink a lot of water and have some candy sometimes, or i just drink coffee. I cut down eating snacks. One of my officemate's doctor said that snacks are the most contributor to getting fat. So you must cut down on your snack and just focus on your work. If you are worried that you might not be focus on doing your job because of the thought on food, maybe you have to find a way to satisfy your taste buds. Like prepare some water-lemon drink or other fruit juices. It might or might not help you, but at least try it so you will know.

That's also my suspicion that snacks make me gain weight. I remember when I was on a no-rice diet, I was still gaining weight because I was not conscious that I was trying to compensate the lack of carbohydrates by eating snacks in between meals. But if I go full time with OMAD, I guess I have to forgo with the snacks because it is not allowed otherwise the intention of OMAD will be defeated. I am still gathering data until now before I start my OMAD diet. I still need more knowledge and I am also trying to concoct a style on how to combat hunger pangs.

That's also my suspicion that snacks make me gain weight. I remember when I was on a no-rice diet, I was still gaining weight because I was not conscious that I was trying to compensate the lack of carbohydrates by eating snacks in between meals. But if I go full time with OMAD, I guess I have to forgo with the snacks because it is not allowed otherwise the intention of OMAD will be defeated. I am still gathering data until now before I start my OMAD diet. I still need more knowledge and I am also trying to concoct a style on how to combat hunger pangs.
I did a no rice diet too before. I replace my rice by oatmeal. But I did not eat any snacks that time and I accompany my diet with exercise. It was a success. I have achieved my desired weight. When you have decided to start your OMAD diet, just focus and be disciplined. You can do it. Good luck.

I think OMAD has the opposite effect on me. I have mental clarity, when on OMAD. I have more energy, I get out of bed before my alarm rings. I am ready to face the day. I sleep better and faster. During the day when I get hungry I have green tea, water and coffee.This keeps me going. I also know what time I'm going to eat e.g 5.00 pm or 6.00 pm so this helps to keep my energy levels up. You don't need food or snacks to keep your energy levels up, coffee or water will do.