Loving this way of life

I have read lots of posts recently referencing low carb, micronutrients, calories in calories out etc and wanted to give my viewpoint to anyone new to fasting out there.

Firstly, as someone who has struggled with weight issues for years, I know it can be difficult to get out of the 'diet' mindset, but lets be honest, although they may work in the short term, in the long term they are doomed to failure, most of us will have experience of this.

Fasting is not a quick fix, with Alternate Day Fasting I lost 25lb before anyone really noticed but, after 20 weeks I was down 50lb and wow, everyone noticed then and I felt amazing! The problem was that, although I could enjoy eating every other day it also meant severe restrictions too and I still felt I was on a 'diet'.

Now OMAD and I am loving life. I get to enjoy all of the foods I love, every single day, not to mention all of the other health benefits fasting provides

Secondly forget calories, micros, carbs etc. Now I know that some of you will experience faster losses combining numerous restrictions with OMAD, if you are happy with that then great, but if it means depriving yourself of foods you love then ask yourself if it will be sustainable in the long term. This is a journey, if you want to reach your goal then make the trip as easy and enjoyable for yourself as possible, this is not a diet, it is a long term eating strategy for a healthy life.

Thirdly listen to your body - once you have achieved appetite correction (which I never would have with ADF) you will never need to worry about your weight again. Break your fast gently with something small and yummy, then savour every mouthful of your chosen meal. Enjoy your food, as much and whatever you want, but you must STOP WHEN FULL. It really is as easy as that, no more snacking, once you are full close your window for another day.

Now I am not suggesting you should wolf down a huge McDonald's and family size bag of Harribo every day and, if you did do that you would feel pretty crap. However, the occasional fast food and sweets will do no harm at all and no celebration of life is complete without cake!! Once your body has adjusted to OMAD your body will honestly crave the good stuff and you will be able to enjoy the naughty stuff too without guilt.

Lastly fast clean. Trust me, you may think that sweeteners don't impede your weight loss, but they do spike insulin and increase hunger, thereby making fasting so much tougher. Ditch anything in your cupboards that says low fat, diet etc. These foods are all stuffed with additives and, let's face it, butter tastes so much better than margarine!!!

My final word to newbies is this, once you are past the first couple of weeks hunger will greatly diminish and you will start to feel all of the amazing benefits of fasting. Get the tape measure out, the scales may take some time to move, but I promise you they will. Remember that the most important think is to stay on the wagon, make it a comfortable and enjoyable journey by not restricting the foods you love, and you will be less likely to fall off - good luck everyone
1f642.png
:)

I was thinking more about what you wrote here. And I want thank you so much. This Omad is new for me. I was doing great with a 23:1-2. I then did a 4 day fast after two weeks of 23:1-2. After the 4 day fast the weight was shedding fast. I knew I was in "ketosis mode" I was feeling so good and I got sucked back into thinking I should continue omading in a HCLF "diet" mode.
1f61f.png
You woke me up with your comment. I want to say thank you so much. I Don't want to diet. I'm so done with diets. They fail me every time. I want to do this omad for the long term lifetime results. The lifestyle commitment of it. I feel better having one meal a day. I am more in control. Once I start eating in a day. I will continue to nibble all day. And the day is ruined for me. I'm terrible. If I make myself wait it's so much better. I look forward to having whatever I want and don't have deny myself of anything. I want it that way. I don't want to restrict myself ever again to certain food groups. I just want to say thank you again for the reminder of why we are doing this.
1f60d.png

I think the key is for everyone to listen to their own body and to choose a WOL and WOE that matches their goals. Eating sugar doesn't work for me, although it works for you. The more sugar I eat, even artificially sweetened, the more I crave them. We read a lot of experiences, but we all have to learn to listen to our bodies and recognize our own weaknesses and patterns.

Gee, this is a very inspiring testimony from an OMAD practitioner. I can imagine your jubilation when you lost 50 pounds in 20 weeks. That is like losing 2 pounds every week, continuously and consistently. I am hoping that I can do the same, not exactly with the amount of pounds lost but with the determination to continue OMAD until I reach my desired weight.

This write up is very warming and it will be a great inspiration for newbies. I tell my friends nothing good can be gotten in a hurry it should be a gradual process, take it gentle and slow ,even if one fails just continue and you will get there.Yes,it might take time but consistency is key.The scale might not move in days or even weeks but continue it will one day. Great post.

That's a very informative approach on OMAD. It's been a lot better for me as time went by. It seems that many find it a struggle to start with their food journey. But success comes with long-term eating habits. So keep moving forward and you'll get there eventually.

Gee, this is a very inspiring testimony from an OMAD practitioner. I can imagine your jubilation when you lost 50 pounds in 20 weeks. That is like losing 2 pounds every week, continuously and consistently. I am hoping that I can do the same, not exactly with the amount of pounds lost but with the determination to continue OMAD until I reach my desired weight.

I agree. I've lost a good amount of weight ever since starting OMAD. I found it difficult at first since I was used to binge eating and other unhealthy habits. But those eventually stopped. I found freedom in not needing to eat as much. I also felt lighter since I only eat the foods I need. Hope you can achieve the same as you continue with it.

I have heard this kind of opinion from people who are keeping the OMAD diet, most people don't know the benefits of using this diet. For me, it was very hard in the beginning but now I have six months and I feel great.