Lost 5 lbs after my first week of OMAD

I'm still experimenting when the best time to eat is, I was eating at 4pm, but today just ate at noon, and loved it better!
I eat whole foods, brown rice, WAY LESS PROCESSED FOODS than I used to. I'd tried this years ago, but I couldn't get past the Migraine headaches, and the mood swings. Now, since my diet is healthier and less processed: NOT ONE MIGRAINE NOR ONE MOOD SWING!
The first week, I have to admit, I wasn't very energetic, in fact had low energy. Something happened yesterday, day 8, I woke up and was energetic and clear headed.
What is meant by 4 hour eating window, if I'm supposed to eat for 1 hour only?

Last edited:
Your eating window means you need to eat your meal within the same 4 hours each day...I eat my one meal between 3 and 7 every day...You could have your meal be between Noon and 4 if that works better for you...Its an individual preference, they just don't want your meals too close together...I hope this makes sense:)

Your eating window means you need to eat your meal within the same 4 hours each day...I eat my one meal between 3 and 7 every day...You could have your meal be between Noon and 4 if that works better for you...Its an individual preference, they just don't want your meals too close together...I hope this makes sense:)
Thanks, that helps!

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Same here. My 4-hour eating window is from 3-7 every day. I know the feeling of what you are saying shelly in regards to processed foods. I used to eat a ton of processed foods years ago and never really realized it. These days I'm much more conscious of what I'm putting on my plate. Congrats on your progress!

Same here. My 4-hour eating window is from 3-7 every day. I know the feeling of what you are saying shelly in regards to processed foods. I used to eat a ton of processed foods years ago and never really realized it. These days I'm much more conscious of what I'm putting on my plate. Congrats on your progress!
Thanks! Just ran into 2 co-workers today who BOTH do OMAD! (Both are young guys who had weight to lose at one time : 1 lost 50lbs and the other lost 35lbs- both are lean and look like they never ever had a weight problem.) If these young dudes can do it, well I can too!

Something happened today, Day # 13 of the diet. The hunger is gone. So is the huge thirst. Apparently these are signs perhaps that my insulin levels are finally down. I'm taking drinks of water or unsweetened tea every 1/2 hour or so. I can't wait to weigh myself on Saturday! After my first week near 5lbs loss, any loss this week will be appreciated and amazing, as I know that some of that first 5lb is water.
I guess the best way to describe it is that my food and eating anxiety is gone. Even when I decided to cook chili and knew it would be an hour and a half till eating time, I didn't feel panicked or anxious about food. Amazing, especially considering I haven't eaten in over 25 hours. I never thought this was possible.
My daughter said she liked this because now I'm cooking earlier, since that is my main meal! It should be ready by 4pm. (In the past I usually started cooking at 6 or 7 pm.)

Last edited:
Something happened today, Day # 13 of the diet. The hunger is gone. So is the huge thirst. Apparently these are signs perhaps that my insulin levels are finally down. I'm taking drinks of water or unsweetened tea every 1/2 hour or so. I can't wait to weigh myself on Saturday! After my first week near 5lbs loss, any loss this week will be appreciated and amazing, as I know that some of that first 5lb is water.
I guess the best way to describe it is that my food and eating anxiety is gone. Even when I decided to cook chili and knew it would be an hour and a half till eating time, I didn't feel panicked or anxious about food. Amazing, especially considering I haven't eaten in over 25 hours. I never thought this was possible.
My daughter said she liked this because now I'm cooking earlier, since that is my main meal! It should be ready by 4pm. (In the past I usually started at 6 or 7 pm.)

I can relate Shelly! After the first few weeks is really when I started to feel change as well. I never thought I would be able to get rid of my anxiety of having to eat all the time. I always felt I had to be snacking or was thinking about my next meal all the time. It almost felt like I trained my mind or turned it off that I didn't need food all the time!