Joining this forum

I thought I had constructed a method for me to eat that could handle my compulsive overeating, then somebody told me that there was an "official" diet called OMAD, I googled it and found this site and I am looking forward to read about different experiences you all made.
I started to have the idea that I might eat only once a day a while ago but then I still thought about it as a diet method. Since december it has dawned on me that it might be the eating pattern that will work for me always. As long as I want to lose weight it will for sure but it might be more difficult when I reach maintenance, I don´t know how it will work to eat all calories I need during one hour. I´ve been doing this since january, still don´t succeed every day and have not yet found troutines and patterns, it is still a lot of chaos.

Oh, it might be of interest that I am swedish and live in Sweden, english is not my native tongue.

Last edited:
I thought I had constructed a method for me to eat that could handle my compulsive overeating, then somebody told me that there was an "official" diet called OMAD, I googled it and found this site and I am looking forward to read about different experiences you all made.
I started to have the idea that I might eat only once a day a while ago but then I still thought about it as a diet method. Since december it has dawned on me that it might be the eating pattern that will work for me always. As long as I want to lose weight it will for sure but it might be more difficult when I reach maintenance, I don´t know how it will work to eat all calories I need during one hour. I´ve been doing this since january, still don´t succeed every day and have not yet found troutines and patterns, it is still a lot of chaos.

Oh, it might be of interest that I am swedish and live in Sweden, english is not my native tongue.

Yeah I didn't know there was omad for the longest time either until I researched it. Glad your here swomad. There is a lot of good info here.