Does My Melatonin Tablet Break My Fasting Period?

I've been taking half a melatonin pill on most nights just so I could sleep earlier and wake up at the right time but I'm worried that it might be breaking my fasting period because it's a chewable and tastes a bit sweet. I only take a very small amount as I only use half a tablet but still if it does end up being a hindrance I might just stop taking it altogether because my fast is a bit more important.

I'm attaching the nutrition facts and ingredients list so hopefully some of our more knowledgeable and experienced members could help me determine if I can keep taking these or not.

047469058654_2[1].jpg

and here is what the tablet looks like

61d90b96ab10d13923ef5305db9b3c9a90e9b2c6[1].jpg

It looks to me like it is fine, @Naomi . I always take melatonin before bedtime just like you do, except that I take 10 mg now because I am older, and my body does not make as much as it used to do.
Melatonin is a hormone that everyone’s body makes once it starts getting dark, and animals do that , too, unless they are nocturnal.
The melatonin that you are taking is sweetened with xylitol, which is an artificial sweetener, and so there is nothing in the tablet that would break your fast, and the tablet is very small, so the amount of zylitol that is in the tablet is next to nothing.
It also has maltodextrin, which is a sweetener, but since it is near the bottom of the list of ingredients, there would be even less of the maltodextrin than there is of the zylitol.

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply @Happyflowerlady ! I'm extremely paranoid when it comes to anything I take that has flavor while I'm fasting because I don't want to have to ruin the results from the work and sacrifice I'm putting in. Glad to know it's okay though as I really am enjoying falling asleep much easier since discovering these tabs. I wish they would just make a non-sweetened version though just for my own peace of mind since I don't really mind drinking water with the tablets anyway. I'm sure I can find an unsweetened alternative out there but I'm just happy I can at least use up the jar I have now without worry so thanks again for the information and for sharing your own experience!

I don't think drugs can break our fast and it should be taken when due.i think think drugs with flavor or any sweetener can't actually contain that much calories to thwart our weight loss journey.i always have the same feeling when I try to take anything that looks like I will be sabotaging my fast but in your case you don't have anything to worry about.You can check with your physician too if need be.

You mentioned that you were worried because it tastes a bit sweet, but from the ingredients I see on there, the sweetness isn’t derived from sugar. It’s made with xylitol which I believe is an alcohol-based artificial sweetener, so it wouldn’t be giving you an insulin reaction.

Not only that, but it’s such an insignificant amount that I wouldn’t consider it breaking your fast even if it were pure sugar. I wouldn’t worry at all about this, and believe that you can just keep taking these tablets as you normally do.