Been on OMAD for 3 Weeks! One question..

Hello All,

I started IF a few months ago and finally began to see results once I incorporated Keto and later OMAD. I am excited to not only learn from you all but contribute as well!

My one issue is feeling full. It seems that either I feel so full after eating that I dont want to see food for days, or I feel hungry. I know a lot of this is anxiety on my part and finding the right amount of fat for me. I rather feel too full because being hungry in the middle of your fasting period is not fun. Nuts (almonds, macadamia, etc) used to be my go to to finish my meal and would make me feel stuffed, but I am trying to cut them out and limit as its too tempting to go overboard.

If anyone has tips on finding a health medium (or is this normal?) I would really appreciate the advice!

I would suggest giving up the keto and give omad a try without. You can eat keto foods but indulge outside keto restrictions tryimg to hit most food groups. Allow a REAL dessert with your meal (cookies, etc). You will feel overfull and then lean in the morning. This big meal should get you 20-26 hours of fast before your next meal. See if your weight comes off as good if not better than with the keto. Seems counter intuitive but it works.

I would suggest giving up the keto and give omad a try without. You can eat keto foods but indulge outside keto restrictions tryimg to hit most food groups. Allow a REAL dessert with your meal (cookies, etc). You will feel overfull and then lean in the morning. This big meal should get you 20-26 hours of fast before your next meal. See if your weight comes off as good if not better than with the keto. Seems counter intuitive but it works.
Thanks for the reply! I will research this. From just the short time I've been on here I see this idea is big on here. Either way I still stay away from gluten and try to reduce sugar for other health reasons. Do you eat desserts while counting calories? Sorry for the simple questions!

I don’t count calories. This is one of the things which endeared me to omad, it’s stark simplicity. You live by the 4 ones and you shouldn’t count calories. Count lost lbs instead! Yes, I eat desserts. Last thing I eat on my plate. I eat what I want but I’m not suicidal in excess either. Moderation

I would taper your eating to your level of hunger. your body will tell you when to stop or keep going. i have walnuts after my meal, i get a small dessert bowl and pour some in.. when they are gone then I am done. usually by then i am plenty satisfied. and am good for another 24 hours. I will add in desserts soon, but I am like you I need to stay away from gluten..
when i first started, I felt the need to eat everything I cooked because I would be deprived for 24 hours... did that once-thought I would throw up.. now I take a deep breath and feel my body... :)

I would taper your eating to your level of hunger. your body will tell you when to stop or keep going. i have walnuts after my meal, i get a small dessert bowl and pour some in.. when they are gone then I am done. usually by then i am plenty satisfied. and am good for another 24 hours. I will add in desserts soon, but I am like you I need to stay away from gluten..
when i first started, I felt the need to eat everything I cooked because I would be deprived for 24 hours... did that once-thought I would throw up.. now I take a deep breath and feel my body... :)
thank you! This is reassuring. I think its simply being more in tune with my body and what it needs. I ate my meal yesterday and after two hours was starving. I ate the small pack of nuts I usually have and felt satisfied until eating time today. Just going to stick with what works...

I think you should let go of keto for now and concentrate on OMAD and see how it goes that way you will be able to ascertain which really works for you.Feeling full all the time might just be from your nervousness, so you calm a bit down and try to go through the process naturally and see how it goes.

I am keto/omad and have lost 90 lbs. I make sure I eat fattier cuts of meat and my salad is a vehicle to get fatty salad dressing into me. If you eat something like a chicken breast, you need to put some butter on it or make a fatty sauce. You can also try adding in an avocado instead of the nuts. Do not fear the fat, you can't have buckets of it but you should make sure your meals have a decent amount.