Headaches with omad

J

Janet meder

I am trying to extend my fasting window, but start getting a pretty awful headache by about 3/4pm. I am drinking adequate water. Any suggestions?

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Everyones body is different and it may take time to adjust depending on how much you are trying to stretch your window. My best advice is to make sure you taking supplements and always ease into any fasting window changes.

I am trying to extend my fasting window, but start getting a pretty awful headache by about 3/4pm. I am drinking adequate water. Any suggestions?

It can be tough at first, but I think they will go away it time. Your body is still doing a lot of adjusting. When you do finally get adjusted, its a great feeling though.

I used to have this slight headache when I first started with OMAD and I had to consult my instructor and I was told it my body trying to adjust to the new routine and I just have to take it easy and make a gradual transition. I had to adjust my eating window gradually from 4 hours still an hour or two now.So we don't have to go hard on ourselves, everything should be done gradually and one will be used to the routine gradually in no time.

Everyones body is different and it may take time to adjust depending on how much you are trying to stretch your window. My best advice is to make sure you taking supplements and always ease into any fasting window changes.
You are right. It took me about three to four weeks to adjust in OMAD diet. Not every one is the same. Some can experience headache and dizziness especially during the first time they tried OMAD diet. I did not eperience headaches but I did experience severe hunger pangs which is really a challenge. But with commitment and support from my family I was able to adjust OMAD diet. Now I am in my nineth month and I am doing really well.
I can advice is that drink plenty of fluid and take a short break.

It may be your body trying to adjust to your new diet plan that is prompting your unwarranted headache. Or, it may be another thing differently that is causing the headache. So, my advice would be to observe yourself well and know exactly what is really causing you the headache. Try and take pills if it's too much.

I never got headaches and always thought it was odd because I heard it is what is normal from a few of the OMAD channels on Youtube. I always just assumed it was because I was maybe doing something wrong like eating too much during my window, but even when I ate smaller portions it never happened for me aside from when I sleep later than usual. I think sleeping early may also help alleviate this but to be honest even I am kind of confused as to why I don't get headaches myself.

I never got headaches and always thought it was odd because I heard it is what is normal from a few of the OMAD channels on Youtube. I always just assumed it was because I was maybe doing something wrong like eating too much during my window, but even when I ate smaller portions it never happened for me aside from when I sleep later than usual. I think sleeping early may also help alleviate this but to be honest even I am kind of confused as to why I don't get headaches myself.

A lot of things can cause one to experience constant headaches on daily basis. It may be as a result of too much stress at work, lack of sleep, emotional trauma etc. Although, sometimes I do feel a little headache when I'm starved much, so I believe it might be the reason why some people feel they OMAD causes headaches.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the possibility of low sodium levels. A lot of the time when people fast, they ignore the fact that they might not be getting adequate levels of sodium, which is an incredibly crucial mineral for our bodies.

Sodium has gotten a bad reputation over the years, but the actual truth is that getting too little sodium is worse than too much. Inadequate sodium levels can result in symptoms like fatigue, faintness—and yes—headaches.

I’d recommend trying to add a pinch of salt to your water while fasting, and seeing if this improves your symptoms.

It may be your body trying to adjust to your new diet plan that is prompting your unwarranted headache. Or, it may be another thing differently that is causing the headache. So, my advice would be to observe yourself well and know exactly what is really causing you the headache. Try and take pills if it's too much.
Yes, this is a good advice. Observing yourself well can help you determine what causes you to feel certain way. Aside from your diet, observe if you have been lacking sleep, or you are experiencing stress. Aside from taking pills, I try to drink lots of water first and taking a bath whenever I feel that my head is in pain.

Yes, this is a good advice. Observing yourself well can help you determine what causes you to feel certain way. Aside from your diet, observe if you have been lacking sleep, or you are experiencing stress. Aside from taking pills, I try to drink lots of water first and taking a bath whenever I feel that my head is in pain.

I have heard about this drinking water therapy for taking care of headaches but I don't have much faith in it that it can actually be very effective in stopping headaches. This is why I'm more into taking of pills when I get headaches or I try to sleep and once I wake up, all would be better.

I have heard about this drinking water therapy for taking care of headaches but I don't have much faith in it that it can actually be very effective in stopping headaches. This is why I'm more into taking of pills when I get headaches or I try to sleep and once I wake up, all would be better.
Yes, rest does helps headache!
We have a family history if weak kidneys that is why as much as I could avoid taking pills, I do it. But pills are the easiest way to get rid of headache fast.
That is why I like OMAD diet. It promotes well being and healthier body. Since I practiced OMAD diet, I seldom get sick.

Yes, rest does helps headache!
We have a family history if weak kidneys that is why as much as I could avoid taking pills, I do it. But pills are the easiest way to get rid of headache fast.
That is why I like OMAD diet. It promotes well being and healthier body. Since I practiced OMAD diet, I seldom get sick.

Before taking any pills, it's very important to have all the health information about yourself so as to know the best pills to use. Some people are allergic to some drugs and when they take the ones they are not supposed to take, it would worsen their condition. Too much pills isn't good. There are some pills that can actually cause ulcer when taken too much.

Before taking any pills, it's very important to have all the health information about yourself so as to know the best pills to use. Some people are allergic to some drugs and when they take the ones they are not supposed to take, it would worsen their condition. Too much pills isn't good. There are some pills that can actually cause ulcer when taken too much.
Yes I do research before popping pills. As a matter of fact, I even researched what is the family's health history in both side. Researching, and knowing your health history makes you appreciate your body. It can also help you take care of your body even better. Before I decided to practice OMAD diet, I did research if I will be ok with it. Nine months of practicing OMAD diet, I can say it is the best version of me. OMAD diet is great.

Yes I do research before popping pills. As a matter of fact, I even researched what is the family's health history in both side. Researching, and knowing your health history makes you appreciate your body. It can also help you take care of your body even better. Before I decided to practice OMAD diet, I did research if I will be ok with it. Nine months of practicing OMAD diet, I can say it is the best version of me. OMAD diet is great.

No knowledge is a waste because sooner or later, that information would come in handy for you either in short term or long term basis. Just like you ensured to have all the information on whether OMAD would be good or bad for you, and eventually discovered it's going to serve you well, it gave you confidence to stick with it even if you are finding it difficult to adapt at first.

I had the same problems when I started doing OMAD. I believe it's because of the transition period and your body is still not used to eating one meal a day. Give it some time and maybe your headaches will be gone. However, if symptoms persist, consult your doctor.