Drinking Hot Water

It's a practice in our family not to drink really cold water or ice cold water during and right after meals. We only drink cold water when were thirsty and not eating. We believe that drinking hot water helps in the digestion of food and it washes down all fats and cholesterol.

Last edited:
My mum taught us that too,it really help one in digestion and get the oil in the food not to be soluble. I still take hot water after eating till now.

It's a practice in our family not to drink really cold water or ice cold water during and right after meals. We only drink cold water when were thirsty and not eating. We believe that drinking hot water helps in the digestion of food and it washes down all fats and cholesterol.
I also believed in that. My mom also tell me to drink hot water or coffee if I felt some any abnormal digestion in my body. Try it for you to believe it.

I agree. Drinking warm water helps in our body's digestion. There's a lot of benefits when we drink warm water. It can calm or nervous system and helps in blood circulation. It is also beneficial to those doing a diet and helps relieve constipation. And if you have clogged nose, just drink warm water to help relieve your nasal congestion.

Hot water is my favorite beverage especially when doing OMAD. It fools my body into thinking that I have eaten a meal. I sip on it all day and this keeps my hunger at bay. I also like to have it after a meal because you are right it makes food digest better especially if you have heard a bit too much to eat, this is the perfect solution. I also have cold water especially when I'm thirsty or when It is really hot. In the summer I live on cold water and have hot water once in a while.

This is good and something that I never knew about before now. I think taking warm/hot water after eating will go a long way in ensuring that you have a good lifestyle which is nice.

I have actually read about an article claiming that drinking hot or warm water early when your stomach is empty cleanses your intestines. Also it is said that it's beneficial because it can remove fat and cholesterol deposits within your stomach linings.

I have actually read about an article claiming that drinking hot or warm water early when your stomach is empty cleanses your intestines. Also it is said that it's beneficial because it can remove fat and cholesterol deposits within your stomach linings.

Also drinking hot or warm water during meals helps the food to go down and helps in its digestion also as you have said it eliminates cholesterol and fat deposits in our intestines and stomach.

I also believed in that. My mom also tell me to drink hot water or coffee if I felt some any abnormal digestion in my body. Try it for you to believe it.

Whenever I have a cold, cough or flu I would always drink warm or hot water, sometimes with a freshly squeezed lemon which boosts my immunity and helps me to recover. Also hot water would soothe my throat and helps lessen the mucous.

wow I didnt know about this. I love drinking water since I always feel thirsty but I love drinking cold water but Im agree to this lately I only having warm water since my cold water is not gets hot inside my bag. I never put ice on it because it will make my bag wet all the time. Water is the most important thing. You can survive as long that you have water.

My mom does that. She said it's water therapy. I don't do it but I don't drink cold water either. I usually drink hot water after waking up.

We do this all the time and I am lucky that I have been taught like that when I was a kid. Still I do this but warm water. When I wake up in the morning and right an hour before breakfast, I religiously drink a glass of warm water everyday and that's my routine since I was a kid till now. I helps to flush anything in your system before you take in any new food for the day. There are many benefits of drinking water in the morning just try it and you'll see.

That is true, warm water helps in digestion, I know people who drink a warm glass of water every morning on the empty stomach to lose weight.

Also right after eating an oily food or just anything pan fried, I drink warm water instead of cold cause if you drink super cold water, it makes oil in the food turn in to fat and that's not what we want in our system. Maybe drink cold water only if it's hot weather season and whenever your thirsty just not right after eating because it can make you full as soon as you drink it and makes you burp.

Instead of warm water, I drink coffee or hot tea when I need to dissolve the fats that I had eaten. When I dine out with my sister, coffee is a must because she would order coffee for the 2 of us when we were done with the food. But to drink hot water, I don’t think I can withstand it because drinking pure water is not pleasant already much more if the water is hot. My brother-in-law who is a physician said that drinking hot water cleanses the mouth and the upper throat only which means it has no real effect in the tummy.

When water is placed in the refrigerator, it'll solidifies especially when its too cold, like when one puts it in the freezer. But if placed at room temperature, or in a humid or hot place, then nothing happens to it. Here in the orient, we are used to drinking cold water after meals because it's really hot and drinking hot water, not coffee or chocolate, will only add up to the warmness of the place. Besides, the food inside our tummies will not solidify with the oil or something that we took in because the whole place is already hot. I mean I've seen VCO solidify in cold store malls but once I take it out, it melts back into liquid state and stays the same at home. So I don't see anything wrong with drinking cold water after every meal or whenever in hot or humid climates. It refreshes us actually and eases our sufferings from the hot weather.

It's my first time read about this. My water intake depends for the weather if it's hot then I take cold water vice versa. But I think hot water don't contribute in flashing down are fat and cholesterol buy maybe it can help in digesting our foods.

I drink warm water before I sleep at night and right after I woke up in the morning because it helps to refresh your mind and activates your digestive system. It helps to keep your digestion going as the water moves around your stomach and digestive organs are being hydrated and eventually to eliminate waste to our body. Warm water can also help to manage things you been eaten that your digestive system might have had trouble digesting.

Nobody ever told me to drink hot or warm water for anything. If the water is hot then it was used to make tea or coffee. What else? My story of how I started drinking hot water is ... I was pregnant. I had gas but I didn't want to eat or drink anything because just the smell made me nauseous I started drinking hot water out of desperation. Just sipping on it a little at a time eased the pain from gas and since it didn't have a smell it didn't make me nauseous. I figured if it works when you're pregnant, it probably works when you're not pregnant. I don't really use it for after meals or anything specific. I just drink it whenever. Sometimes I add in a squeeze of lemon juice. They say lemon juice also helps get rid of toxins in the body. Works for me!