Workout for OMAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the Best Time to Eat (OMAD) - Before or After Working Out?

I've always been told that it's better to workout before your meal, but to at least give it a few hours before eating. The reasoning would be you are most likely going to be hungry from the increased activity if you do it after your meal and stand more of a chance of spoiling your omad.

Hi,

I have been doing OMAD for nearly 3 weeks and I workout 4-5 times a week. During this time, I have been lifting and playing racquetball. My eating window is between 5-9 with me eating typically between 6 and 7. I've worked out 5am and then tried 5 pm. My preferred time is 5 pm and eating around 7:30. I don't know where the surge of energy comes from but man I was able to do nearly an hour of racquetball that day but after I had the metallic taste that I think signifies ketosis (I don't really know). I think I was near a 21-23 hour fast that day. 5AM workouts for me are 10-12 hours of fasting which are more convenient for me but don't give me the same energy boost as working out in the evening with longer fasting.

What's the Best Time to Eat (OMAD) - Before or After Working Out?

well, i can say that the best time to eat in an omad diet is after the work out because during this time calories are burned and the body needs calories in order to maintain its fuction. The best way to do it is to replace them by eating meals after work out in order to rejuvenate the lost energy during work out. Glucose level of the body also decrease during any workouts which may lead to hypoglycemia that can cause headaches,dizziness, hunger, irritabily and many other symptoms. So it is better to eat your meals after the workout..

I workout almost daily before eating ,I prefer it that way because it will help boost my metabolism which will help me burn calories all day long.I have tried exercising after food and I felt so lazy and sluggish.I couldn't do much because of heart burn and heaviness of the body. So exercising before eating works better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.