Working three shifts with OMAD

Hello, I’m new to this forum and to the whole OMAD style of eating. I’ve found OMAD quite on random, scrolling through youtube and I thought I would give it a try since I’m dealing with overweight for quite some time now (height 181cm, weight 105kg). I started two days ago with 20:4 ratio, since I’m kinda used to not to eat alot because of my work scheudle…which is also subject of this thread because I work 3 shifts.
First is from 6:00am – 2:00pm (launch break at 10:00pm)
Second is from 2:00pm – 10:00pm (launch break at 5:00pm)
Third is from 10:00pm – 6:00pm (launch break at 2:00am)
When I work first shift, I get up at 5:00am and go to sleep somewhere between 9:00pm and 10:00pm. When I work second shift, I get up at somewhere between 10:00am and 12:00am and go to sleep around 12:00pm. And when I work third shift,I get up around 2:00pm and go to sleep around 7:00am.
And shift starts on Monday and ends on Friday (occasionaly we work Saturdays).
So I’m wondering if someone has any experience or suggestions how to plan OMAD with this kinda style of work and if it is even possible to do OMAD under these conditions. Thanks in advance for all the answers.

I'm no professional dietitian, but as far as I can tell, I don't think you'll be able to expect a consistent OMAD schedule working such sporadic hours.

However, that doesn't mean that OMAD is impossible for you. It is encouraged that you eat the same time every day so your system knows when it is going to expect food and to ramp up the digestive process. Does that mean you have to eat at the same time every day? I'd say no.

Eating one meal a day when you actually can should be just as fine as eating on a regular schedule. You might get some minor indigestion at times, but you have to try it out and see things for yourself. The indigestion might not be severe enough to not be unmanageable.

I don't have the same schedule as you, but part of why OMAD works is that you get used to a consistent schedule of eating on only a certain time of the day, so your body adjusts well eventually and doesn't think that you're hungry as often. Having an inconsistent schedule might affect you negatively, such that you may find it difficult to sustain the diet in the long run, and fall back to your old eating habits. Maybe the best way for you to start a diet is to lessen your food portions by half or three-quarters, or if you can't do that (some people can't handle eating less when the food is in front of them already), then try giving up one meal a day, just to see how your body reacts to it.

I don't have the same schedule as you, but part of why OMAD works is that you get used to a consistent schedule of eating on only a certain time of the day, so your body adjusts well eventually and doesn't think that you're hungry as often. Having an inconsistent schedule might affect you negatively, such that you may find it difficult to sustain the diet in the long run, and fall back to your old eating habits. Maybe the best way for you to start a diet is to lessen your food portions by half or three-quarters, or if you can't do that (some people can't handle eating less when the food is in front of them already), then try giving up one meal a day, just to see how your body reacts to it.
Well stated,I think one should always have a consistent routine that is compatible with ones body and that way one wouldn't have any problem with going on with a diet plan.just try out a routine that works out for you and keep to it.

I think what your saying is your working different shifts on different days and not working 3 shifts a day because you won't get any sleep that way and it's a physical impossibility to have 3 shifts of 8 hours each a day even for a week. So if it's the different shifts per week, you just have to pick your regular eating time for OMAD and it doesn't matter if you have different work schedules, do it after work.

I wonder why you are allowed to work in different shifts in a week. This is prohibited in our office because it is against the labor code in our country. The shortest period that you can be assigned for a particular shift is 2 weeks and after that it is legal to be assigned to another work shift. Anyway, with that kind of work schedule, I guess you couldn’t go full time on OMAD but maybe you just have to be content in skipping meals as much as you can.