Working out while injured

Has anyone here worked out while being injured? I recently sprained my ankle, and haven't been able to do a whole lot of cardio based workouts. I've mostly been doing weight training and some altered cardio workouts. It's tough, but I'm getting through it so far. Anyone else work out injured before? What kind of workouts should someone do with a sprained ankle?

I don't think it's a good idea to workout while injured. Well, I suppose is depends on the injury, so if you're safe and aren't doing any workouts involving the legs and feet, you should be fine.

Take it easy though.

I have not worked out while injured. I hurt my back some years back and I stopped until my back got better, but that's really been it.

I haven't really been injured before. I hurt my hand once, and sprained my ankle a couple times, but it's never been to the point where I couldn't workout. But then again, I rarely worked out back then.

It's perfectly fine to take a break when you're injured. Fitness and all that can wait until you are ready to truly get back to it. You also don't want to risk further injuring yourself either. You're better off healing up, and then starting again once you're back to your usual self.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Can you do omad without working out? Exercise & Training 1
JeffR Working out for long hours Exercise & Training 3
Jenn211 Music you like to listen to when working out? Exercise & Training 2
Jenn211 Do you prefer working out alone? Exercise & Training 4
O Is OMAD working for you so far? General Discussion 4
O Your biggest challenge with fitness & working out Exercise & Training 2
Anna CBD for working out? Supplements 6
sheriff 22 Working out in the morning has more benefits. Exercise & Training 24
S Working three shifts with OMAD General Discussion 5
L Working out on Omad and drinking a protein shake Exercise & Training 0
V Working out on one meal a day Exercise & Training 28
D Calories and working out Exercise & Training 20
Tyler182 Best foods for OMAD while having gout General Discussion 1
Kyle Doing Omad while pregnant? General Discussion 1
Devin77 How often should you workout while on omad? Exercise & Training 2
Anna Being vegan while on omad General Discussion 2
MegX28 Anyone use Sodastream while doing Omad? Liquids 3
Anna Crossfit while on OMAD safe? Exercise & Training 2
Devin77 Alcohol while on omad Liquids 6
A Medicine while on omad? General Discussion 5
S How often do you check your weight while on omad/keto? Exercise & Training 11
B Bad breath while fasting General Discussion 10
Naomi What Do You Distract Yourself With While Waiting For Your Meal Time? General Discussion 17
huggypillows Do you have bad experience while doing OMAD? General Discussion 6
Jimmy Swartz Green Tea - Why It Is Beneficial While On The Omad Diet Liquids 23
Jimmy Swartz Exercise & Training While Eating One Meal A Day - Benefits & Tips Exercise & Training 18
Meshack Bwoyele Keya Death Is A Must While Life Is A Journey And To Be Born Is Luck General Discussion 0
Kakashi2020 How much milk can I drink while on omad? Liquids 11
Kakashi2020 How many cups of coffee can I drink while doing OMAD? Liquids 8
Kakashi2020 Is doing a lot of crunches while on OMAD okay? Exercise & Training 5
Kakashi2020 Do I need to exercise or lift weights while doing OMAD? Exercise & Training 18
Kakashi2020 Drinking a lot of liquids while eating OMAD...is it right or wrong? General Discussion 16
Jimmy Swartz Exercise & Weight Training Benefits & Tips While Eating One Meal a Day Omaddiet.com articles 6
I Any tips to do while you are diet General Discussion 16
Shelly Belly Drinking Broth: Does it mess with insulin levels? Can I drink it while fasting? General Discussion 11
Jackie Looking to purchase my first treadmill while doing omad Exercise & Training 2
Jessica Hart Anyone drink alcohol while doing Omad? Liquids 15