Working out on one meal a day

V

VinRed

Hey guys, I have noticed that if I dont work out, I dont lose weight, even if my eating window is 1 hour (23 hr fasting) Does it happen with you? or is it easy for you to lose weight without exercise?

T

Tink45

No its normal. If you have loads to lose and are strict it's easier

O

OneMealDeal

I'm the opposite, I find it easier to lose weight without exercise, lol. I think it's because I gain muscle when I workout which isn't a bad thing.

Hey guys, I have noticed that if I dont work out, I dont lose weight, even if my eating window is 1 hour (23 hr fasting) Does it happen with you? or is it easy for you to lose weight without exercise?
I'm in the same boat I find it difficult to lose weight without exercising even with the one meal a day, I believe exercising helps to reduce the already stored fat since we need energy to exercise, so the body has no option but to used stored fat for the exercising activities, so it better that way and there will be visible changes in no time.

Light exercises are always good in such cases where loads are to be lost. So, doing walking and light exercises daily is recommended because I do the same. I tried walking fast, but that adds to my fatigue. So, I decided to walk slowly but for longer distances. Then I started doing household work like swiping the floor, cleaning it and maintaining the home.

I suggest to have a discipline and go for a work our if you really want to loose weight. Running or jogging in the morning really helps. Try it.

What is your caloric intake per day? Maybe you have the same intake as before you started the diet. I suggest you accompany it with light exercises such as brisk walking.

Weight loss mostly depends on one thing: caloric deficiency. In order to start burning fat reserves, your body needs to be burning up what you're putting into it, and then turning to fat in order to get the rest.

One pound of fat is equal to about 3,500 calories, so if you want to lose a pound a week, you need to be burning 500 more calories than you consume on a daily basis.

If you're consuming more than you're burning, you're either not going to see any loss or are actually going to see gain. That's where exercise comes in. It can tip the scales from "no progress" to "some progress" by adding to your daily caloric deficiency.

Weight loss mostly depends on one thing: caloric deficiency. In order to start burning fat reserves, your body needs to be burning up what you're putting into it, and then turning to fat in order to get the rest.

One pound of fat is equal to about 3,500 calories, so if you want to lose a pound a week, you need to be burning 500 more calories than you consume on a daily basis.

If you're consuming more than you're burning, you're either not going to see any loss or are actually going to see gain. That's where exercise comes in. It can tip the scales from "no progress" to "some progress" by adding to your daily caloric deficiency.
I agree with you. Maybe he's consuming more than he's burning. Even if he's in that eating window but his caloric intake is higher than what he's burning, then he'll not lose weight.

I think it depends on a person's metabolism. Whatever you take on your body that is not normal, whether it is more or less food. It depends on your body. It is just like a balloon that if you leave open, air will come out. If you put air, balloon will get bigger.

This is really weird. I agree with the comments that you should check how much food you are consuming in that one hour. You maybe eating too much. Also I combine OMAD with a low carb diet. For my one meal I eat eggs, or beef or chicken with vegetables and maybe some beans.I find that with this combination I drastically cut down on what I have to eat.Also I hope that you take breaks from OMAD because your metabolism can become slow if you just keep doing it.

If I eat less without fats I can lose weight without exercising. I suggest you have three meals a day, but eat more veggies, fruits and salads, yogurt and boiled meat or fish. You will harm your health eating once a day and when you will start to eat well again you risk to gain weight.

Honestly, you have to combine working out with the Omad diet, if you are looking at getting the best out of the whole situation. It was not easy when I began, but now I feel great even without keeping the drills from training.

If I eat less without fats I can lose weight without exercising. I suggest you have three meals a day, but eat more veggies, fruits and salads, yogurt and boiled meat or fish. You will harm your health eating once a day and when you will start to eat well again you risk to gain weight.

The type of food that one eats can really contribute as well and that is the reason I wish the poster can make big adjustments on that as well.

For me, personally, I was able to lose weight without that much exercise (just walking and normal warm-ups) and I did lost some weight. I guess you should wait a little longer for your body to lose weight. Or it maybe because you don't sweat a lot. However, I do believe that OMAD wothout exercise won't be that effective if you want to lose weight faster. If you don't exercise I guess your progress will be a little bit slow.

I'm the opposite, I find it easier to lose weight without exercise, lol. I think it's because I gain muscle when I workout which isn't a bad thing.

Wow, I really envy people who lose weight easily. I lose a lot of weight from last year but it took me months to stick on my daily routine such as daily cardio exercise wit balance diet before I finally lose weight. I find it really hard for me to lose.

I think it depend to our body, what is the fastest way to lose weight. Then do a daily exercise then eat healthy food on time. Do what is effective for your body.

I eat my meal at around 2 or 3 pm, and I usually work out 2 hours after, that way I don't feel as tired or sluggish if I workout in the morning without having eaten. I just brisk walk in the morning and do my workouts after eating in the afternoon.

Sometimes I can't take eating one meal a day so for me its better to eat small amount of food at a time. just don't eat dinner as this will lead you to slow progress of burning fats.