Why is carbonated water good in OMAD?

Soda is carbonated, right? So if carbonated water is okay then maybe soda is also okay to drink especially if you take it moderately. I know that the negative ingredient of soda is sugar but that can be negated by drinking more water afterwards. We call it payback. When I drink soda, I have to drink 2 glasses of water after, not right after but just after. With carbonated water, I like sparkling water that is laced with lemon. It tastes like soda sans the sugar. So maybe the carbonated water helps in the digestion of food in the stomach?

Soda is carbonated, right? So if carbonated water is okay then maybe soda is also okay to drink especially if you take it moderately. I know that the negative ingredient of soda is sugar but that can be negated by drinking more water afterwards. We call it payback. When I drink soda, I have to drink 2 glasses of water after, not right after but just after. With carbonated water, I like sparkling water that is laced with lemon. It tastes like soda sans the sugar. So maybe the carbonated water helps in the digestion of food in the stomach?

It's said in the beverage guide that sodas are not allowed in the diet because it has high sugar content. Only sparkling water, carbonated water and mineral water are allowed. Coffee and Teas are also allowed but fruit juices are not because of its high fructose content.