When is enough........ Really enough?

Day 2 in the books.... Day 3 I'm am on 18 hrs and suffer today!! Hunger pains.... Just need to eat better tonight. Didn't eat all of my plate last night. I only eat till I felt satisfied..... Really struggling

Day 2 in the books.... Day 3 I'm am on 18 hrs and suffer today!! Hunger pains.... Just need to eat better tonight. Didn't eat all of my plate last night. I only eat till I felt satisfied..... Really struggling

This is definitely your adjustment period and it can be very hard, but keep pushing. Try as much as possible to keep your mind off of food by keeping busy. I remember my first weeks and they were no fun. But, it does get better.

This is definitely your adjustment period and it can be very hard, but keep pushing. Try as much as possible to keep your mind off of food by keeping busy. I remember my first weeks and they were no fun. But, it does get better.
Thank you Jackie, I'm still holding on and keeping busy. This time around I don't tell anyone what I'm doing because I saw they make me feel sorry for myself and I don't need that or negative comments! Thanks for the encouragement, I'm holding on!

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Jackie, I'm still holding on and keeping busy. This time around I don't tell anyone what I'm doing because I saw they make me feel sorry for myself and I don't need that or negative comments! Thanks for the encouragement, I'm holding on!

One of the most common things I receive emails on is the perception of the omad diet among others. So much so, that I wrote an article about it https://omaddiet.com/should-you-tell-others-about-your-omad-diet/. You have the right attitude in not letting others negative comments affect your journey. One of the biggest parts of my journey was tuning out the outside noise as well.

I agree with this, also !
We have been indoctrinated that we “need” at least 3 meals (preferably evenly-spaced and of varied foods) to be healthy.
While it is true that we need enough nutrients to sustain us, and we need enough food with vitamins and minerals to keep us healthy, it certainly is not true that we have to eat something every few hours.
I think that many of us here have reported that at some time or another, we basically lost weight by eating once a day, we just didn’t call it by any name except “eating when we were hungry and stopping when we were full”.

Our body was designed to survive in times of no food, and to stay strong so that we could find or catch more food; not to live in a land where we don’t exercise enough, and eat way too much, and also eat unhealthy foods.
The OMAD diet is much more like what our body was developed for than eating 3 meals a day and no exercise.

Good evening everyone... It's now almost 10pm, Wednesday night...... I just want to thank everyone for the encouragement and help throughout my journey.

As of today, it is day 10 since I committed to OMAD, and I'm down 9.8 lbs....
Since I started IF in the beginning of this year, I'm 19.3 lbs down.

My eye catch a glimpse of myself in a window while passing this afternoon and it's was such an ugly sore eye, but I'm on track and I'm very glad I started.
At least I'm going somewhere slowly.....

I don't have any cravings anymore. I did my first 43hr fast between yesterday and today. I must admit, I only eat because I wasn't sure if it's healthy for me to stay that long without food...

One tip that I read and practice.... When I eat, and break my fast, I started with fat, then little protein... And then carbs. I always was terrible with veggies, and I guess that will remain the same.... I'm just not a vegetable fan.

Strongs to you all

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on your weight loss so far! I know how great it feels in the beginning when you start to see the weight come off from the scale. Then, I remember the greatest feeling when I noticed my clothes starting to feel a little looser.

I have a long history... Complicated... But in short,.. Don't think there is a short version. Believe it or not, I'm a certified personal trainer. Knowledge I have, and passion... Well passion I used to have. In 2008 I got divorced, looking like my profile picture. Hubby left me for a man, something I just couldn't replace or be. I weigh 145lbs back then, muscles in all the right places... But deep inside I am empty. 11 years later, almost 12, I'm now back at 242 lbs. Beginning of 2019 I was 253 lbs......... Last Monday I did OMAD for only the one day, and ever since I can't stop eating... I just eat everything. I know I need support. I found this site, and know it will help... Because, I now need help..... Not even sure if I can do it.... ... Any help would be great
I think you are very brave. I am brand new, this is the first post I've read. Please feel free to reach out anytime, we're in this together ♥