When is enough........ Really enough?

I have a long history... Complicated... But in short,.. Don't think there is a short version. Believe it or not, I'm a certified personal trainer. Knowledge I have, and passion... Well passion I used to have. In 2008 I got divorced, looking like my profile picture. Hubby left me for a man, something I just couldn't replace or be. I weigh 145lbs back then, muscles in all the right places... But deep inside I am empty. 11 years later, almost 12, I'm now back at 242 lbs. Beginning of 2019 I was 253 lbs......... Last Monday I did OMAD for only the one day, and ever since I can't stop eating... I just eat everything. I know I need support. I found this site, and know it will help... Because, I now need help..... Not even sure if I can do it.... ... Any help would be great

Hi! I have only been on OMAD for a four days. I began my Keto diet in early April, then went off it for a road trip. I regained the weight I had lost. Got right back on keto the day after I arrived home. I am down 12 pounds (as of May 3rd). What happened to you with your ex was traumatic and it's time to let go of the weight. You can do this!

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
I have a long history... Complicated... But in short,.. Don't think there is a short version. Believe it or not, I'm a certified personal trainer. Knowledge I have, and passion... Well passion I used to have. In 2008 I got divorced, looking like my profile picture. Hubby left me for a man, something I just couldn't replace or be. I weigh 145lbs back then, muscles in all the right places... But deep inside I am empty. 11 years later, almost 12, I'm now back at 242 lbs. Beginning of 2019 I was 253 lbs......... Last Monday I did OMAD for only the one day, and ever since I can't stop eating... I just eat everything. I know I need support. I found this site, and know it will help... Because, I now need help..... Not even sure if I can do it.... ... Any help would be great

Hi @Bodymakeover2008 and welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you in your past. I know how hard that must have been. The good thing is, is that you have nothing but the future to look forward to. You CAN get back to the weight that you used to be and that body type that you were happy with. When one door closes, another one opens. I know you can do it because you have already taken the most important step in changing yourself. That is recognizing that you are not happy and wanting to surround yourself with supportive people. Feel free to always ask any questions you need for help and we will be more than happy to keep you on track to your goals. Or, if you just need to feel some support we are always here for that too! Welcome again!

Hi! I have only been on OMAD for a four days. I began my Keto diet in early April, then went off it for a road trip. I regained the weight I had lost. Got right back on keto the day after I arrived home. I am down 12 pounds (as of May 3rd). What happened to you with your ex was traumatic and it's time to let go of the weight. You can do this!
Good morning Becky, I also lost the 11 pounds from doing Keto. I know it works and I feel a lot better, it's just gets hard when you run out of ideas what to cook for the family that doesn't eat the same as I, and eventually I gave in eating with them... I'm going to try a omad again today. Enjoy your day

You got this girl! Welcome to the forums! Don't you worry about what happened in the past because we are gonna make sure you have a bright future! Omad has been a life changer for me and I know you can do it too!

Hi @Bodymakeover2008 and welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you in your past. I know how hard that must have been. The good thing is, is that you have nothing but the future to look forward to. You CAN get back to the weight that you used to be and that body type that you were happy with. When one door closes, another one opens. I know you can do it because you have already taken the most important step in changing yourself. That is recognizing that you are not happy and wanting to surround yourself with supportive people. Feel free to always ask any questions you need for help and we will be more than happy to keep you on track to your goals. Or, if you just need to feel some support we are always here for that too! Welcome again!
Good morning Jimmy, thanks for the warm welcome. It's my first sign up and post, and first time is see these message boards, while I was seeking for help.... Your right, exactly why I am here, because now I am surrounded with supportive people. I work between 13 other people, and eating is always the center of attention. It will be hard, but I need to do this for me. I'm not getting any younger .... Have a blessed day and thanks again for the motivation and warm welcome

You got this girl! Welcome to the forums! Don't you worry about what happened in the past because we are gonna make sure you have a bright future! Omad has been a life changer for me and I know you can do it too!
Good morning Jackie, thanks for the welcoming ... To be honest, I'm scared of OMAD. Done it only 2 times in my life.... Scared of failure... And scared of people's opinions....
Enjoy your Thursday .... Day 1 of OMAD to start today

I too thought that I'll do OMAD for a short period until I'll lose my belly fat, but soon after stopping OMAD I began to slowly regain what I lost. I guess OMAD is a lifestyle :)

Good morning Jackie, thanks for the welcoming ... To be honest, I'm scared of OMAD. Done it only 2 times in my life.... Scared of failure... And scared of people's opinions....
Enjoy your Thursday .... Day 1 of OMAD to start today

Try not to worry about what other people think of you. Most of the time these are people that are not happy with their own life and are seeking to make others unhappy as well. Just try to focus on you and what makes you happy. Omad can be a little intimidating at first, but once you establish your routine, it will be second nature to you. The beginning is always the hardest and it can be tough for the first few weeks. Try to keep yourself busy and drink lots of fluids.

Welcome to the forums @Bodymakeover2008! I went through a hard divorce as well and I gained over 80 pounds afterward. I was depressed for a very long time and did nothing but eat. I was thankful when I discovered this website as well as it gave me a whole new perspective on weight loss. I've lost over 50 pounds on omad! You can do it too!

If it is not working for you to start out with one meal a day, @Bodymakeover2008 , then it might help to “sneak your way in” . When I first read about eating one meal a day and fasting the rest of the time, I was positive that I was not able to fast for that long.
So, I started just eating an earlier dinner, before 4PM, and then I could fast all the way to breakfast. Once I was able to do that, I stopped having an actual breakfast and started just having a protein drink or Bulletproof Coffee, and then went to the fitness center and did my swimming, and had my main meal after that.
I still have Bulletproof coffee some mornings, trying to follow what my body seems to need each day.
Some days I am fine with just coffee in the morning, and some days, the extra protein powder in the coffee helps. I look at this as a lifelong way of eating, and not something that has to be a ritual each day, or I would not want to be feeling like I was forced not to eat.

I definitely agree that going through life stresses like a divorce can throw a person off-course, and then we just have to fight our way back to what we want for ourself.
Welcome to the forum, and I am glad that you found us ! !

I too thought that I'll do OMAD for a short period until I'll lose my belly fat, but soon after stopping OMAD I began to slowly regain what I lost. I guess OMAD is a lifestyle :)
Good morning Alania, I told a few people at work on Friday about OMAD and I'm sure they don't want me to do it. Each one said something negative but they are all bigger than me. The office end up ordering sandwiches and I needed to go and pay for it and pick it up..... Model of the story: Don't tell them anything anymore, I'm in this alone, without the support of my work people.

At lunch time we all eat together our food from home. Or we make something. I will find a way to not be there..... Go for a walk or something... Because sitting there watching them eat is like watching a horror movie

Try not to worry about what other people think of you. Most of the time these are people that are not happy with their own life and are seeking to make others unhappy as well. Just try to focus on you and what makes you happy. Omad can be a little intimidating at first, but once you establish your routine, it will be second nature to you. The beginning is always the hardest and it can be tough for the first few weeks. Try to keep yourself busy and drink lots of fluids.
So far I didn't succeed , I do get to 2 meals a day, or rather a snackwich at 1 and then dinner at 7pm. I'm preparing myself mentally. Saturdays and Sundays might be more difficult, but if I can succeed 5 days in the week it will be okay right?

If it is not working for you to start out with one meal a day, @Bodymakeover2008 , then it might help to “sneak your way in” . When I first read about eating one meal a day and fasting the rest of the time, I was positive that I was not able to fast for that long.
So, I started just eating an earlier dinner, before 4PM, and then I could fast all the way to breakfast. Once I was able to do that, I stopped having an actual breakfast and started just having a protein drink or Bulletproof Coffee, and then went to the fitness center and did my swimming, and had my main meal after that.
I still have Bulletproof coffee some mornings, trying to follow what my body seems to need each day.
Some days I am fine with just coffee in the morning, and some days, the extra protein powder in the coffee helps. I look at this as a lifelong way of eating, and not something that has to be a ritual each day, or I would not want to be feeling like I was forced not to eat.

I definitely agree that going through life stresses like a divorce can throw a person off-course, and then we just have to fight our way back to what we want for ourself.
Welcome to the forum, and I am glad that you found us ! !

Good Morning, thank your for the kind words... And all the wisdom coming with it.... So far its been hard, not one successful day yet... Eating a sandwich yesterday at 1pm and then dinner at 7.... I should say I am glad you found me

Question: I know I can drink coffee. I know I'm not allowed milk and sweetener? But is there people out there that is doing milk and sweetener and still succeed? I guess I'm an addicted coffee junkie.... I used to always drink coffee without milk, now I can't get it in..... Is it okay or should I just go back to black..... And then the sweetener, I absolutely can't go without it........ Please advice your thoughts... Or tips.......

Each person has to define what works for them, but for me, the important thing is not to quit living this IF lifestyle. If not being able to have a little milk or cream in your coffee is going to be a deal-breaker, then I think that it is better to have a little added to your coffee than to stop OMAD altogether.
I also like a dab of cream and sweetener in my morning coffee, and what i have done is cut down on how much coffee I drink, and have one cup with a little cream and a saccharin tablet in it. It might affect the fasting, but I am going to go and swim for an hour soon anyway, and will definitely burn up that spoonful of cream when swimming.
Doing what you can, and then working on doing more, is what works for me, but we are all different.

Also.... you ARE having a successful day, because you are working on doing OMAD and getting healthier again, and that is the goal. Just because we have not achieved that goal, does not mean that we are not successful.
You are only unsuccessful if you quit trying, so just keep up doing what you can do, and it will get easier again, @Bodymakeover2008 .

So far I didn't succeed , I do get to 2 meals a day, or rather a snackwich at 1 and then dinner at 7pm. I'm preparing myself mentally. Saturdays and Sundays might be more difficult, but if I can succeed 5 days in the week it will be okay right?

It's better to start off slow and transition into omad. If you can only do 5 days a week, for now, that is better than not doing it all. It will certainly help you mentally as you mentioned.

That is awesome, @Bodymakeover2008 , you are doing great !
As a fitness trainer, you know that people have to start exercising at different levels, and doing as much as they can (safely) do, but not over-do it , and then gradually build up to being able to do more. If they try to do too much at first, they either hurt themself, or decide it is too hard and give up and quit.
When I started back to swimming and water exercise after the heart procedure , I was so far out of shape that I could not even swim the length of the pool, and I did a lot of just walking in water, and swimming what I could. Now, I can easily swim a mile. Not very fast..... but I CAN do it.
I see OMAD as the same kind of challenge, we have to start with what we can do, and then keep doing as much as we can and get ourself stronger.
Since I am old and my heart can only operate at about 50 bpm, it is extremely hard for me to lose weight, no matter what I eat, or how much I exercise.
However, if all I can do is keep myself healthy, and slowly lose weight, it is still progress.

That is awesome, @Bodymakeover2008 , you are doing great !
As a fitness trainer, you know that people have to start exercising at different levels, and doing as much as they can (safely) do, but not over-do it , and then gradually build up to being able to do more. If they try to do too much at first, they either hurt themself, or decide it is too hard and give up and quit.
When I started back to swimming and water exercise after the heart procedure , I was so far out of shape that I could not even swim the length of the pool, and I did a lot of just walking in water, and swimming what I could. Now, I can easily swim a mile. Not very fast..... but I CAN do it.
I see OMAD as the same kind of challenge, we have to start with what we can do, and then keep doing as much as we can and get ourself stronger.
Since I am old and my heart can only operate at about 50 bpm, it is extremely hard for me to lose weight, no matter what I eat, or how much I exercise.
However, if all I can do is keep myself healthy, and slowly lose weight, it is still progress.
Hi Happyflowerlady! Thank you for your advice and help. It help a lot to know I can rather just drink my coffee and still do OMAD and not let that be a breaker.....

I did it!!!! Food is still cooking, but I'm officially DONE WITH DAY 1!!
Thanks everyone!! I feel great!!