Whats the best way of doing OMAD to achieve Weight loss

Well am on my second day of OMAD and i must say this forum has been helpful as well as confusing. So here is my Question is it ok to eat carbs but as long as its within the recommended 1200 or one will experience more weight loss if they completely do away with carbs or its the same. Am debating what to do coz i was on low carb high protein diet before in as much as i lost weight i had several cravings which caused to kinda keep loosing and gaining the same weight . Am excited about OMAD coz apparently you can eat everything ...but i dont want to fail pliz help...whats the best way

There are several ways of employing the OMAD diet, @Coco Sunshine . What I am doing is called keto OMAD, and I only eat LCHF (low carb high fat), but some people eat anything that they want for their one meal a day and still lose weight.
It seems to be a matter of trying it out to see what works for each person. At first, I tried just one meal a day, and ate whatever I wanted, but it was not affecting my weight at all, so I switched over to a low carb/keto eating plan, and that seems to be working better for me. Since I am older, and have been overweight for so many years, my body is seriously resistant to losing weight and changing my weight thermostat thingie.
When I was younger, I lost weight much easier than I do now.
So, I think that you should just read through the different eating plans, and choose which one suits your lifestyle best, and try it. If it doesn’t work, then try a different eating plan.

Well, it depends on what you mean by “the best way.” There is “the best way,” in the sense that you’re going to lose the most fat in a healthy way, and “the best way” in that you’re going to lose fat at a slower rate but it’s going to be an easier process.

If you want to lose fat quickly without starving yourself, then you want to go for an OMAD ketogenic diet. The main reason people put on fat is due to insulin, which is pumped out by your pancreas every time you eat, and in higher doses when you eat carbohydrates. An OMAD ketogenic diet addresses both of these issues.

For OMAD fasting, you want to limit your eating window to 1-2 hours a day, and fast for 22-23 hours. During your eating window, you want to get 5-10% of your calories from carbs, 15-30% from protein, and 60-75% from fat. Fat is going to be your main fuel source, because after a while of being on a ketogenic diet, your body goes into a state called ketosis where you start using fats (both dietary and bodily) as your main source of fuel, as opposed to carbohydrates. This can result in rapid weight loss in a healthy manner.

The other way is to simply do OMAD without keto, which means that you’ll be able to eat anything you want, but only within your eating window. If you decide to still consume carbs during this window, then that is most likely going to result in decelerated weight loss.

Either way, you’re probably going to lose weight, it just depends on your level of self-discipline and desired rate of weight loss.

I eat whatever I want to during my eating window but I load my plate with more veggie and protein food.I believe everything should be in moderation and I see my weight dropping this way.So you could plan your meals to have more healthy meals because healthy meals wouldn't only help you lose weight but gives the body the needed nutrients and help fight diseases. So why contemplating about the meal for the day, it will be good you go the healthy way and just grab a little of your cravings from time to time.

It is okay to have carbs as long as you make it within the limit you will have a deficit and ultimately you will lose weight. It will be better to eliminate it completely but if you're like me and have a hard time giving it up, then this is actually what makes the diet good since it does allow you to still eat the food you like and still lose weight eventually. It's just that giving up carbohydrates will make you lose weight faster probably but either way will give you results just at a different pace.

Well am on my second day of OMAD and i must say this forum has been helpful as well as confusing. So here is my Question is it ok to eat carbs but as long as its within the recommended 1200 or one will experience more weight loss if they completely do away with carbs or its the same. Am debating what to do coz i was on low carb high protein diet before in as much as i lost weight i had several cravings which caused to kinda keep loosing and gaining the same weight . Am excited about OMAD coz apparently you can eat everything ...but i dont want to fail pliz help...whats the best way

Well, keep the carbs low. Fruits will help. Have 1 cookie, or small slice of cake, or small slice of pie, or small scoop of ice cream, maybe every other day.

I don’t pay any attention to calories. The body does not care about calories. It only responds to hormones – chiefly insulin. If your insulin is low, then you are able to access your fat stores for energy. Technically, insulin inhibits lipolysis – that is, insulin stops fat burning. If you can’t burn fat, then you must rely on your food intake for energy, and if you only eat 1500 calories, you will only burn 1500 calories.

However, if you lower insulin, then you can eat 500 calories and take the other 1500 calories from fat, and hey presto – you start to lose body fat as your body starts to burn 2000 calories. There is an overlap, for sure, between calories and insulin, but it is not one to one. Refined carbohydrates and sugars are the worst for insulin and natural fats are the best.

Dr. Jason Fung