What Plant based Dish do you eat Daily?

I am not good at eating only vegetarian dish but my sister used to eat vegetables salad. Their benefits is that it can help you to make a strong body and of course can help your skin become so smooth.

The usual vegetables that I eat are lettuce and cucumber. However, it is not really that healthy because the dip I use is mayonnaise. I was advised to use vinegar with salt for the dressing but it did not agree with my taste buds. I also use mayonnaise for the dip when I eat french fries. Pardon me if my posts are more about junk food because that is my orientation and I am just being honest.

In our country, we have this dish called sinigang. It is more popular if it is cooked with pork as its meat. For me I prefer substituting shrimp to pork. Sinigang is a Filipino viand. It is a sour soup of various vegetables like eggplant, string beans, radish, tomato, sweet potato tops, and river spinach. It is loaded with many vegetables as you can see. That is why I love this viand as my plant based dish in my OMAD diet.

@anchoreztin is shrimp plant based? I think its not. I fill up my plate with vegetables because I combine OMAD with low carb. I have no fruits except avacado and tomatoe. To get my nutrients I eat lots and lots of vegetables. I use to love salads but for some reason I'm not into them anymore. I always have spinach and carrots in my meal. Sometimes I have cauliflower which makes a good mashed potatoes substitute, pizza base, low carb bread. The things you can make with cauliflower are endless. Its my best vegetable at the moment.

I have to say garlic, onions and tomatoes, bananas, plantains and mangoes. These are regular day to day vegetable ingredients and fruits in my home and I consume it daily.

I eat lettuce, tomatoes the native one, cucumber, corn,bananas and avocados. Those are what we have in our green house. My dad loves planting and cultivating during his free time. Eating fresh vegetables and fruits is very healthy for us.

@anchoreztin is shrimp plant based? I think its not. I fill up my plate with vegetables because I combine OMAD with low carb. I have no fruits except avacado and tomatoe. To get my nutrients I eat lots and lots of vegetables. I use to love salads but for some reason I'm not into them anymore. I always have spinach and carrots in my meal. Sometimes I have cauliflower which makes a good mashed potatoes substitute, pizza base, low carb bread. The things you can make with cauliflower are endless. Its my best vegetable at the moment.
Yes SHRIMP IS INDEED NOT PLANT BASE but NEVER in OMAD diet was stated that only plant based food are allowed to be consumed. By the way, I only eat the vegetables in that dish and not the shrimp. Never have I said that I ate the shrimp. I only mentioned the shrimp because shrimp is MUCH HEALTHIER alternative to pork that is why that is mentioned.

In our place we have many plant-based dishes like: Pakbit, okra, talong, tomatoes, lettuces. These veggies can be made into salads, side dishes, or mixed as garnishings with main viands. I have seen Vietnanese foods though eating so much veggies of all varieties in their meals and they just dump it in their pots while its cooking. It's a healthy practice though than just taking in meat.

Cauliflower is a great low carb substitute for potatoes, and one of my favorite ways to make it is called a loaded cauliflower casserole. It is like having a loaded baked potato; but with only about 8 carbs per serving.
I make mine in a skillet casserole instead of having to use the oven, but here is the easy recipe :
Bacon, 6 slices (can omit for vegetarian)
Cauliflower, cooked, 3 cups
Cheese, Mozzarella, 8 ounces
Cheese, cheddar, 8 ounces
Cheese, cream, 8 ounces
Cream, heavy, 2 ounces

Instructions
1. Steam veggies. Cook bacon. Mix cheeses.
Mix all ingredients together and add the steamed veggies and put it all into a baking pan . top with green onions and more shredded cheese.
Bake for a half hour at 350.
Other veggies can be used instead of cauliflower. This makes enough to feed several people, so it can be cut in half for fewer servings. It is great with broccoli, if you don’t mind that it is green and not white.
0BBD7188-0635-4EB0-8A53-E17E217A5EFB.jpeg

Cauliflower is a great low carb substitute for potatoes, and one of my favorite ways to make it is called a loaded cauliflower casserole. It is like having a loaded baked potato; but with only about 8 carbs per serving.
I make mine in a skillet casserole instead of having to use the oven, but here is the easy recipe :
Cheese, cream, 8 ounces
Cream, heavy, 2 ounces

Instructions
Mix all ingredients together and add the steamed veggies and put it all into a baking pan . top with green onions and more shredded cheese.
Other veggies can be used instead of cauliflower. This makes enough to feed several people, so it can be cut in half for fewer servings. It is great with broccoli, if you don’t mind that it is green and not white.
View attachment 57
I will definitely try your recipe. I am a certified cheese lover. I love my dish to be with colors at the same time packed with nutrition. So I don't really mind the color of brocolli.

Before I hopped on board the keto hype train, I was eating mostly plant-based foods every meal. Two of my absolute essentials were muesli as well as rice and beans.

Oats are a fantastic, heart healthy source of carbohydrates and protein, but regular oatmeal can be really boring sometimes. That’s why I started eating muesli, a combination of oats, puffed wheat, sunflower seeds, as well as fruits like raisins, cranberries, and bananas.

Rice and beans were also another healthy source of protein. Rice is healthy on its own, and so are beans, but combining them makes for an absolute health bomb. Combining rice and beans gives you all the essential proteins and amino acids that you need for building muscle, and is the same as consuming meat but without the fat (and vitamin B12 unfortunately).

Besides that, I always had a side of Tuscan kale salad, which is an extremely nutrient dense version of regular kale.

In our culture or country, we have a lot of plant-based dishes. If only given a choice I will choose them over meat but the thing is not everyone in my household approve of it. In the province also, we can go by through simply boiling some veggies like eggplants, okra, bitter gourd and other leafy vegetables. We can just put some salt or mix tomatoes and onions.

I like how my mother cooks some vegetable dish like squash with cabbage and eggplants with small of pieces of chicken or a red meat. Me and my siblings used to eat this kind of vegetables since my mother don't want to spoil us just eating chicken and meat. My favorite vegetable dish is the one with baguio beans and thin slices of carots. I always pair it with either white rice or brown rice (if available) and then a vinegar with small amout of salt.

In a vegetarian diet, I think carrots, lettuce and cucumber would be good. Squash dishes are good too. My go to vegetable dish is steaming okra and will just deep it in a soy sauce.

Cheese, cream, 8 ounces
Cream, heavy, 2 ounces

Instructions
View attachment 57

Great Recipe, it looks so delicious. Here I also make baked steamed veggies but I use sliced Eggplants, Okra, Butternut Squash, String beans and instead of bacon I put pork and shrimp but it tastes good even without it. I don't use any cream or cheese, I use thick coconut milk. With the same process in cooking as yours, for some saltiness I mix in fish sauce.

Cheese, cream, 8 ounces
Cream, heavy, 2 ounces

Instructions
View attachment 57
I really love this recipe, and I think am actually going to try it. I am wondering how it would taste having some spice added to it. I'll also try to make something with kales or spinach because it is readily available where I live. These usually make up my diet when I am doing veges only. I like adding some avocado to it and some extra salt. Have you ever tried mixing corn and an assortment of beans? In Kenya, we call this githeri, and it is very sweet especially when you add potatoes, carrots, yellow and red capsicum, and some spice. I'll share the recipe later, but here is the picture:

Githe.jpg

I really love this recipe, and I think am actually going to try it. I am wondering how it would taste having some spice added to it. I'll also try to make something with kales or spinach because it is readily available where I live. These usually make up my diet when I am doing veges only. I like adding some avocado to it and some extra salt. Have you ever tried mixing corn and an assortment of beans? In Kenya, we call this githeri, and it is very sweet especially when you add potatoes, carrots, yellow and red capsicum, and some spice. I'll share the recipe later, but here is the picture:

View attachment 80

That dish really looks appetizing and beautiful. I like the idea of mixing corn an beans and frankly I haven't tried anything like that yet more so with avocado. Unlike other countries in which avocadoes are eaten as a vegetable or mixed in dishes, in my country it's always eaten as a fruit or is made into sweets.

A typical meal:

1 cup raw Spinach
1 serving raw Carrot (1 small)
1 serving raw green pepper (half medium size pepper)
80 g of Tempeh or 80g of Vital Wheat Vegan Sausage
50-100g of dry roasted peanuts or pumpkin seeds
1 serving of Dehulled Hemp seeds (30 g)
1 serving of legumes (80 g of black beans or chickpeas)
1 serving of grains (80 g of Wheat berries, rice, etc) OR 1 serving of SuperSeeds = Chia, Quinoa, Amaranth
1-2 tbls of balsamic vinaigrette with garlic
1 tbls of Bragg Nutritional Yeast
1 small fruit, fruit juice, or Kombucha
1 serving of Sauerkraut or other fermented food

Depending on how hard I hit the gym I may add: 2 homemade oatmeal cookies OR 4 cups of popcorn OR a bag of Organic Pea Veggie Crisp Snacks

This meal clocks in at approx:

1700-1800 kCals
70-90 g protein
80-100g net carb
80 g fat

Because of the raw carrot, raw green pepper, spinach, and Bragg I get almost all the daily values of vitamins. The hemp gets me the Omega's.

Given my body stats and exercise, this typical meal will keep me at approx a -600 to -900 cal deficit.

Because I do OMAD, once a weak I eat a bit more calories, but never go pass the MAINTENANCE - 0 zero daily calorie value.

I am living proof that you can lose fat and build muscle mass at the same time, while being in a calorie deficit. VIVA OMAD and Whole Nutrient Dense Plant Food :)

I personally choose to consume a variety of raw fruits and vegetables. They are great as they're, simply rinse and eat. I additionally consume pretty a bit of nuts and almonds. I mix fresh fruit and pecans into shredded wheat nearly each morning for breakfast. Shredded wheat is complete wheat and has zero sugar.