What do you drink or take after training?

I know many people are used to drinking some water immediately after they exercise. What type of water? Warm, cold, energised, etc? There are also people who love to eat to replace their lost energy. Which kind are you?

I like some warm water after exercising. Since the body is already hot then taking hot water does not suddenly cool down the temperature. At times I add ginger and lemon. Lemon is good to burn down fats and ginger helps with the throat.

Yeah, water and iced coffee for me. I really love to drink iced coffee after the workouts, coffee boost my energy and feel that I'm able to workouts again, and I think coffee is better to replace some energy drinks.

My exercise of choice is swimming, and so it does not sweat out water from the body like weight training or cardio would do. I do drink water afterwards, but I don’t have that same thirst as you would after running or jogging.
My eating window is set up during the middle of the day; so after I get home from swimming, that is when I have my meal for the day. This works really well for me, and I am never hungry when I go to bed; but I am not too full like I would be if I ate a later meal, either.

Water and some fruits for me. I just drink adequate amount of water just to make sure to replace my body fluids. I also love watermelon after workout they are so tasty and refreshing.

I drink semi cold water and I don't really like drinking anything else. I've tried drinking electrolyte water type drinks like Gatorade and it just didn't feel right as it felt to me like I was just reversing the work I've put in due to the sweetness and chemical feel of the drink. I know it's probably not that harmful but the taste just makes me think of it in that way. I'm okay with drinking that type of drink if I've been doing other strenuous activities that I do like chores but if I'm just exercising for the sake of it I prefer to just drink water at a specifically semi cold temperature.

After doing some workout I always drink cold water. It help me to relax more and make my body replenish my lost energy. Cold Water also easily make my body recover easily from tiredness. Eating fruits also are one my habit because it is refreshing.

My usual drink after a physical activity whether a workout or a heavy chore like cleaning the yard, it is soda. But now that I am in this forum, I have shifted to lemon water without sugar because I believe the posts in this site since they are mostly based on their own experience. However, I admit that lemon water is not friendly to my taste buds although I know that in due time I will get used to drinking it.

It totally depends on the type of workout and what I am looking to achieve.

If I am shooting for hypertrophy and an anabolic state, I always make sure to have something that can feed my body’s needs within 20 minutes post workout with essential and non-essential amino acids, protein and glutamine in order to prevent a catabolic state.

If I am walking the tread mill or anything that might be associated with aerobics, a catabolic state is a good thing so just plain water, and a lot of it, is on the menu.

Now, I realize that not everyone is fully into the dynamics of working out and words like “anabolic, catabolic, aerobic, hypertrophy and even metabolism” are possibly pretty scary words but they’re actually easy to understand.
I’ll provide the short study and if anyone has any questions regarding the short form, I can and will spend some time going over all the biological details and in full.

Hypertrophy is the enlarging of muscle fiber cells.
Catabolic is the tearing down of molecular structures to provide energy whereas
Anabolic is a molecular / chemical building process needed for muscle mass.
Metabolism is nothing more than the chemical processes that takes place within the human body (or any living creature) in order for it to live.

An amazing and informative post, and welcome to the OMAD forum, @Bobby Cole ! It sounds like you are definitely into being healthy and also into bodybuilding.
I am sure that you will be able to teach us all a lot of good information, and I am looking forward to reading more of your posts here.
There is also a section on the main page of the OMAD diet website that discusses exercise and weight training , as it applies to intermittent fasting and OMAD, and I believe that you will find more material there that you can share your opinion about.
https://omaddiet.com/omad-exercising-training-tips/

I'm always having my cold bottled water with me to drink after having my exercises it help replenish my loss energy and energies me for the long hours before my eating window but if I need more fluid I take green tea too.

Back in the day before I know about warm water lemon I would drink cold water after exercise. Now that I know about the benefit of lemon water I shifted on drinking this. I sometimes put ice cubes on it since my body feel hot after exercising. I feel more refreshed after drinking my cold water lemon.

I drink plain water after training, workout or excercise . It is still the best thirst-quenching drink. Sometimes I drink fruit juices like orange juice which is a great way to replenish key vitamins and nutrients especially after an intense workout. The natural sugars in orange juice give your body a much-needed refueling. I also drink coconut water which is an electrolyte and antioxidant. Coconut water is five times more potassium than typical sports drink making it a natural hydration.

Other than being thirsty, there are only one or two people who have explained “Why” they chose the method of rehydration that they enjoy.
To me, when we answer the MOST important questions of WHY we do such-and-such when we physically strain to achieve better health, then is when we actually start to make better strides and meeting the goals we have set.
Rather than doing things because someone else does it, isn’t it much smarter to know the real reasons for ourselves?

Here’s the question I would like to propose to everyone:
What is rehydration and what does it actually do in the overall physiology of the human body?
It’s a “crack the books” time........

I know many people are used to drinking some water immediately after they exercise. What type of water? Warm, cold, energised, etc? There are also people who love to eat to replace their lost energy. Which kind are you?
My routine while practicing OMAD diet is yoga and / or planking. Planking makes a person sweat a lot. So what I usually drink is Ion water that is not cold. I have problems with my throat and cold drinks is not good for me. What I like about ion water is that I feel quenched when I drink it. Unlike regular water that even how much I drink, I just feel full but not replenished. Also if I may add, I do not allow that I will reached that feeling of thirstyness before I drink fluid. I drink every now and then in parts to avoid dehydration.

It depends. I find moderately cold water refreshing. I probably drink like three glasses after each training session. It helps recover the lost electrolytes during my sessions. I wait for a few minutes before drinking so that I won't feel nauseous.

Yeah, water and iced coffee for me. I really love to drink iced coffee after the workouts, coffee boost my energy and feel that I'm able to workouts again, and I think coffee is better to replace some energy drinks.
I only take coffee after I am done with the morning routine and have sat down to start the day's work. This is the time when I consider that its benefits would be immense as I need to boost creativity and also have a heightened mood. It is rare for me to drink coffee after workouts and normally I tend to go for plain water which on many occasions I love when it is warm.