What Do You Distract Yourself With While Waiting For Your Meal Time?

I usually work at night when I've already had my meal and finished with my chores because I am not too good at focusing on work while hungry and also I am just not as motivated to work in the daytime as I am when it's night. Because of this, I am free to do most of my recreational activities during the day while waiting for my meal instead of just keeping busy with work to distract myself. I mostly just play some mobile games or watch a movie to pass the time, usually I will time the start of my movie so that by the end I will be able to eat meal and that way the time passes by a little easier.

What do you guys do to distract yourselves or keep yourselves busy while waiting for meal time? Do you have any special tricks or tactics you have developed in your routine to make the daily wait easier or more bearable?

What I do is play computer games or watch dramas or movies. It's working on me. I keep my mind busy while waiting for my eating time. I tried other methods before like drinking tea or water or talking with my friends. Just to pass the time.

I don't think if this is good for you but if your age is 35 and below might work for you. My trick is to play games on my phone or my laptop. In that way my mind will be actively think about the game and not about the food. It really works for me.

I have my meal in the evening. Most of the day I'm always so busy that I often lose track of time. By the time my work day is over, it's always about an hour or so from my meal time and that time would in any case be used for preparing the meal after exercising for like 30 minutes.
What I've learned from that is if you can find something that will keep you busy, you won't have to think about food at all. You could read an interesting book, do some volunteer work if you have some free time or learn something new on the net.

Hope this helps someone!

I just go about my normal day, I work a fast-paced job and honestly would end up skipping every meal due to being distracted from work. The key is to find a project, hobby, or other random activity that distracts your mind completely. It'll help you not even notice the passing of time!

I can play some ludo games with those that are living around my place. I don't think of food till I am done. Alternatively, if there's power supply, I can use my gaming console to play some interesting games as well.

My daily work schedule keeps me busy for longer hours during the day and it makes me don't think about food till I get home from work.

When I'm home, it's either I hang out with friends or stay at home watching either movies or listening to music is how I use to distract myself till my fasting window is up.

I'm a very busy person because I work both online and offline.i just thrown myself into my daily jobs and I work still my eating time.i don't take a break till my eating period then after then I take a break to return to work later.

What I usually do are writing stories, replying to different forums, scrolling thru social media account and playing online games. On that way, I won't have to think about food and I will not feel hungry because I am quite busy most of the time. I think being busy will be the best way to distract ourselves from eating.

I agree that the biggest distraction for me is keeping busy. I just get on with my life and the business of life, before I know it I have fasted for 23 hours and its time to eat my One Meal a day. I also think that if you don't live alone it is important to eat when other people are eating e.g time your meal to dinner. I find that this works best for me. On a Saturday I make sure that I'm out of the house for lunch so that I don't have to see people eating. Normally the temptation to eat is when you are at home.

I keep myself busy by doing tasks or by studying. I started with intermittent fasting when I was in my last year in college, so this is the time when I was doing my undergraduate study or thesis. At that time I always had something to do for my thesis, such as researching or writing, so I had no excuse to stay idle for a long time. Time passes by quickly when you are productive. When I'm not that busy, I like to watch videos on OMAD/IF and workouts to keep myself motivated. It's hard to keep myself distracted at first, but you really just get used to it, to the point that waiting for the next meal time did not feel so difficult and burdensome anymore.

I keep myself busy by doing tasks or by studying. I started with intermittent fasting when I was in my last year in college, so this is the time when I was doing my undergraduate study or thesis. At that time I always had something to do for my thesis, such as researching or writing, so I had no excuse to stay idle for a long time. Time passes by quickly when you are productive. When I'm not that busy, I like to watch videos on OMAD/IF and workouts to keep myself motivated. It's hard to keep myself distracted at first, but you really just get used to it, to the point that waiting for the next meal time did not feel so difficult and burdensome anymore.

Welcome to the OMAD forum, @teremisuu , and we are happy to have another OMAD person on the forum. It sounds like you are experienced with both OMAD and Intermittent fasting; but I just wanted to let you know that on the main page of this website, Jimmy has a blog, and he has written a lot of good information about both topics.
There is also a Facebook group that goes with the forum, if you have a facebook account. Just look on the main website page, and scroll down until you see the links for Facebook and Twitter, etc.

Sometimes its hard to wait for your meals most especially if it take you so long to wait and you are very hungry. What I do if that happen, I just browse internet and playing games or reading some books from my phone while drinking a lot of water. Sometimes I just drink water and eat 1 cracker which is somehow affected to me.

In the morning, I make a list of what I'm going to do for the day. It helps me to be more productive and it is what I usually do to distract myself from thinking foods. I have a habit of eating until my tummy is at a size of a watermelon. I can't help it. Maybe because of stress, I eat to fill my mind not my stomach.

Sometimes I also scroll through my phone while waiting for my food to be ready.

I work most of the day, and can handle not eating. When I'm home though, I usually distract myself by playing video games, watching movies, or even getting a workout done.

Find something you can do, that will take your mind off of it. Hobbies are the best bet. I will do art sometimes to pass the time, and other times I have friends over, as I hate eating in front of them anyway lol.

When things became habit, we no longer need distraction, our body will feel the urge to eat when it knows that it's time to eat. For starters, reading books, watching tv, or working are among the ways to let time pass.