What are the side effects of intermittent fasting (If)

There are always the positive and negative sides in anything we do. Just like a coin has two side - Head and tail, so does intermittent fasting.

Some of the side effects I can recall ever facing while doing intermittent fasting are;

Headaches.
Hunger.
Frequent urinating.
Experiencing low energy and weakness.

What other side effects do you pass through while doing IF?

I think I am lucky because I never experienced headaches when I first started doing OMAD or when I was still doing IF previously. As far as other side effects go I didn't experience anything else either when I was doing intermittent fasting other than slight hunger during the fasting period and now that I am doing OMAD the hunger is much stronger especially during the daytime when my fasting is nearing its 23rd hour mark. I guess the biggest side effect I face is dehydration because I feel thirsty a lot more and even more so as I sleep, probably because my body processes the water a lot faster now that I am not taking in as much food.

I expericed headaches and frequent urinating. Maybe because I usually drink water as part of my diet. But what I noticed most is my bowel movement also changed. It adapted to my meal schedule. As long as I could see that my body could cope up with the diet, I'll get to continue with it. Now, I experience lesser headaches than before.

Fast day and age feature impacts. The American disease Society encounters there are heaps of here and now side consequences of fasting. These join intricacies, dazedness, discombobulation, weakness, low circulatory strain and unusual coronary heart rhythms.

I used to have headache, light headedness, stomach upset,weakness during my early days with OMAD and I told myself it just have to be there because my body isn't used to such routine and I need to give it time and I did and my body has adjusted so it isn't really bad any longer. I have long adjusted to the diet now.

I think I am lucky because I never experienced headaches when I first started doing OMAD or when I was still doing IF previously. As far as other side effects go I didn't experience anything else either when I was doing intermittent fasting other than slight hunger during the fasting period and now that I am doing OMAD the hunger is much stronger especially during the daytime when my fasting is nearing its 23rd hour mark. I guess the biggest side effect I face is dehydration because I feel thirsty a lot more and even more so as I sleep, probably because my body processes the water a lot faster now that I am not taking in as much food.

If the challenge you are facing is dehydration, then you have nothing much to worry about because dehydration problem can easily be taken care of with taking lots of liquid while on intermittent fast.

There are so many liquids that can serve the purpose of getting your feeling dehydrated under control such as tea, coffee and water. Just make provisions for having easy access to any of these liquids.

I think the frequent urination is associated with the manner that one consumes water during the period that they are on the fast. more water will obviously be rid from the body through urination. The other side effects are things that one can get used to as they bear with the fast since they are the cost of getting what one needs through fasting.

I think the frequent urination is associated with the manner that one consumes water during the period that they are on the fast. more water will obviously be rid from the body through urination. The other side effects are things that one can get used to as they bear with the fast since they are the cost of getting what one needs through fasting.

A good number of hours are designated for taking only fluids when doing intermittent fasting, so it's only logical that the more fluids consumed, even though our body assimilates some of it, there would be increased possibility of frequenting the bathroom.

I used to think that the headache that I was experiencing when I began intermittent fasting was as a result of not eating well till I read on this forum the benefits of sleeping well. Since then, I realized how important is it for me to have adequate rest while doing Omad and this is something that I will advise you to do as well.

I used to think that the headache that I was experiencing when I began intermittent fasting was as a result of not eating well till I read on this forum the benefits of sleeping well. Since then, I realized how important is it for me to have adequate rest while doing Omad and this is something that I will advise you to do as well.

Even before I start doing OMAD, I used to have headaches whenever I don't eat when I'm supposed to and must have being hungry for too long. Sometimes, if I didn't get to eat then that I was hungry, my stomach will completely black out and I wouldn't feel hungry any more.

So, when I started doing intermittent fasting and the headaches came calling, I knew right away that it's as a result of not eating, so I did not worry about it too much because it later stopped.

A good number of hours are designated for taking only fluids when doing intermittent fasting, so it's only logical that the more fluids consumed, even though our body assimilates some of it, there would be increased possibility of frequenting the bathroom.
Yeaah this is common when you do not take a long period especially intervals between the periods that you take the water. It is always meant to give you more urination and this can also be dependent on the weather and whatever exercises that you will be participating in. If you sweat a lot then you get to urinate less often.

Yeaah this is common when you do not take a long period especially intervals between the periods that you take the water. It is always meant to give you more urination and this can also be dependent on the weather and whatever exercises that you will be participating in. If you sweat a lot then you get to urinate less often.

True! I never took into account the effect of current weather conditions in affecting how often one needs to use the bathroom for urinating purposes. Once the weather is too cold, there would be increased chance of going to use the bathroom often whether one takes much liquid while on OMAD or not and the opposite goes for hot weather as well. On exercises, you are definitely going to be needing to take lots of water because you are burning fats and see using in the process.

oooh yeaah @Martinsx. I remember back in high school when we used to flood the urinals during the cold weather and after games which was quite uncommon during the hot days as well as during the other days when we did not engage in a lot of sports. When our biology teacher explained the science behind it later on we were all aghast.

oooh yeaah @Martinsx. I remember back in high school when we used to flood the urinals during the cold weather and after games which was quite uncommon during the hot days as well as during the other days when we did not engage in a lot of sports. When our biology teacher explained the science behind it later on we were all aghast.

I think it was called homeostasis, which was the ability of living organism to regulate internal temperature. It's our kidney that helps us perform this task, which is why when we drink too much water, we tend to urinate more or when the weather is too cold, we tend to urinate more.

OOhh yeaah. That is the topic. It was quite interesting and the lessons from the subject have helped me adapt to a lot of scenarios especially about my lifestyle.

I only ever feel side effects from fasting if I’m doing something wrong.

When doing intermittent fasting, you really have to make sure that you’re getting the proper amount of macro and micro nutrients from your meals, or else you’ll be paying for it later on. For example, I tend to feel dizzy and weak if I don’t include enough sodium in my meal, which I usually remedy by adding a pinch of salt to my water.

Consuming too many carbohydrates is another issue. The higher carb diet you have, the more insulin you produce. The more insulin, the higher your blood sugar spikes, and the lower the dips, meaning you feel weak and faint if you don’t eat something again. Managing my carbohydrate intake does wonders for avoiding the side effects of IF, and going keto is an even better option.

I also experienced headaches and stomach aches. I feel tired easily and as if I just want lay down on my bed the whole time. The first weeks are very hard when I started. Sometimes I feel dizzy but I have to endure it and eat some if I can't take it. Well, I was able to survive those days. My body easily cope up with my new eating routine.