What are the side effects if any in practicing OMAD?

When I was starting out with OMAD, the first 3-4 days where the hardest because my body was accustomed to eating regular daily meals and snacks and then suddenly, I was eating only one meal a day. On my first 2 days, my tummy was making sounds, it's like telling me that it needs food also when I'm nearing the 24 hour eating schedule, I did have dizzy spells and felt weak but over the next several days, I got used to it and my body clock adjusted to a single meal.

Based on my experience, I did experience acid reflux and it also made me very weak. However, it was due to the way I did my OMAD diet. What I did after those horrible side effects is that I searched for ways on how to properly follow the OMAD diet. If you know which nutrients and food you should eat, then I believe there won't be any side effects of following the OMAD diet.

If you have problems with acidity in your stomach, then you will really find it hard to start or maintain OMAD because your body will naturally not be used to this diet. In any case, it's best to look for a diet that won't cause any problems for you since it's not worth it being sick just to lose some weight.

I think those are just ways the body is trying to adapt to the change in your routine. Whatever the body isn't used to will always find it a bit problematic to adapt to immediately but with patience,the body will adjust accordingly. So it not really side effects perse.But you should be a bit patient for the body to adapt fully to this.

I can't say any side effect on me doing OMAD. Well, maybe at very first and second week I'm doing it, I felt dizziness and headaches. That's was because my body is still coping with new eating routine. But when I've overcome it, I started to feel light and more alert than usual.

When you first start OMAD its pretty hard. I think the symptoms mimic ketosis. Its especially bad when you are on OMAD and eat low carb, you literally feel like your dying. You have a headache, flu like symptoms. They go after the second day. All you need to do is have loads of water, if this persist, put a bit of salt in it. OMAD is normally touted as being the fastest way to get into ketosis. The important thing is that these symptoms eventually pass.

Side effects for me are that I am very clear-headed for the day (I eat dinner). I have felt nauseous before, too, and I find that happens the morning after I have had too much sugar. If I keep my sugar in check (not keto, just in moderation), I am not nauseous and can simply drink all morning and afternoon and enjoy the laser focus and mood improvement that comes with intermittent fasting (OMAD).

I have come across several discussions pointing to dizziness as the most common side effect of OMAD particularly for the first timers. And there was one who had an upset stomach but maybe because she was eating fruits and bread only. For me, the side effect is something like the withdrawal symptoms of smokers that I may have weak knees and drying throat. That is the reason why observing oneself when you in OMAD is very important.

I’ve heard of some people suffering dizzy spells - I did have times where I felt slightly light headed, but I had to find my groove with balancing proteins carbs and fats to fuel myself optimally from my OMAD. Once I got that sorted I felt so much better!

I felt weak and can not do the normal house chores that I do because of the dizziness. I can not perform my exercise because my full body have no strength. Sometimes, I feel like I want to vomit.