Well here goes nothing! (or you know, hopefully a lot of weight....)

Hi! I've been trying intermittent fasting on and off for a while, usually I would do a 4 hour window or completely just have one big cheat day (what is this middle ground you speak off....?) But I am an emotional eater and I realised that during these 4 hours there is a loooooooot of time to cram junk food in. So OMAD here we go. The hunger doesn't bother me as much as I feared it would, its just that when I start eating I binge. And I have a lot of weight to lose, I will be 40 next year and I am determined to be fit and fierce in my 40's. Oh I do struggle with the exercise thing though, I'm fairly new to it. My 4 hour window used to be between 16:00 and 20:00 so I would grab a power bar or something at 16:00, exercise 17:00 - 18:00 (about 3 times a week) and then have dinner before 20:00. I have struggled with low blood pressure most of my life and since I started taking the intermittent fasting seriously I am having a really hard time to not see stars and also not just to give up during that exercise hour. I saw on the site that a protein shake is recommended, I haven't tried that yet is there something I should look out for when I buy it? Or should I make it myself? Any advice is welcome!

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi! I've been trying intermittent fasting on and off for a while, usually I would do a 4 hour window or completely just have one big cheat day (what is this middle ground you speak off....?) But I am an emotional eater and I realised that during these 4 hours there is a loooooooot of time to cram junk food in. So OMAD here we go. The hunger doesn't bother me as much as I feared it would, its just that when I start eating I binge. And I have a lot of weight to lose, I will be 40 next year and I am determined to be fit and fierce in my 40's. Oh I do struggle with the exercise thing though, I'm fairly new to it. My 4 hour window used to be between 16:00 and 20:00 so I would grab a power bar or something at 16:00, exercise 17:00 - 18:00 (about 3 times a week) and then have dinner before 20:00. I have struggled with low blood pressure most of my life and since I started taking the intermittent fasting seriously I am having a really hard time to not see stars and also not just to give up during that exercise hour. I saw on the site that a protein shake is recommended, I haven't tried that yet is there something I should look out for when I buy it? Or should I make it myself? Any advice is welcome!

Hi @Summer and welcome to the community forums! As far as exercise and omad, I think you might find this article helpful https://omaddiet.com/omad-exercising-training-tips/. I give recommendations in the article about when to have your protein shakes with your workout, etc. As far as what protein shakes, this can be your personal choice as whey and casein protein are different. Please let me know if you have any more questions and welcome again!

I think you should adjust your diet somehow. Myself I have been experiencing side effects too when doing OMAD.