Weights or Resistance Bands?

I'm considering trying to replace weights with resistance bands. I was wondering, what's the better of the two? I like the idea of resistance bands because they're not as heavy as weights, but weights seem to produce more of a workout imo. What do you prefer using though? My friend said that he's gone through so many resistance bands, so keep that in mind when going for resistance bands. But I want to use something a bit easier to get started and think resistance bands would be more helpful.

Suggest away.

I prefer resistance bands because they, for me, seem to give a better workout. I like the burn better as well. Plus, not having to lift a heavy weight makes it easier to maneuver the resistance bands in different directions, helping work out other muscles as well.

Weights are nice, but I get tired holding them. With the resistance bands there's no weight holding you down. Also, you can add more resistance to get tougher workouts.

The only downside of resistance bands, is that you need to clean them, otherwise they break much faster. If you don't clean them, they will crack from dust and debris buildup, eventually breaking. And be careful, because when they break, they sometimes bounce back hitting you. You should clean with warm soapy water. I think dish soap works well. Nothing abrasive that could damage the resistance band. A microfiber cloth may be a good option for it as well.

Since I swim everyday as my fitness regimen, what I do is use the pool weights, and that works perfectly for me. Some days, I use my swim fins , which gives me more of a leg workout, and on alternating days, I use the pool weights for building up my arm strength.