weekly omad weight loss?

Is it ok to ask how much you guys are losing weekly? I know the initial week of loss is largely water and it varies depending on how much you have to lose. I just wanted to to see how everyone is doing.

I don't mind sharing my progress, but please keep in mind that the rate of weight lost will be different for everyone, so try not to compare your loss to someone else's. There are a lot of factors that go into it. At my heaviest I was close to 280. I started omad on Feb 26th of this year weighing 254.6 lbs. It's been almost 4 weeks and my current weight is 245.2 lbs. So I think y the end of week 4 I'll be down 10 lbs for my first month of omad. I'm happy with that. It was a little hard for me earlier on when I saw some people losing over 10 lbs in the first week. I wished I could have been able to do that. But now I'm just letting my body go at it's own pace. It took years and years to get to this point, so I will be patient and slowly improve moving forward.

Thanks agathist. I hear so many different stories about people losing so much at the start or losing over 6 months. I wasn't sure which was the right amount or if there really was a right amount. I'm honestly hoping for a fast weight loss, but if it takes longer that is ok with me. I'm just tired of having low self esteem about myself and am ready to put my best foot forward. This weight has taken it's toll for too long with me and I feel depressed all the time about it.

I know how you feel about weight affecting your self-esteem, it's been a never-ending thing for me. When it comes to losing weight don't focus on just the number on the scale. Pay attention to how you feel physically and mentally, to how your clothes are fitting, and things like digestion and the quality of your sleep.

I don't think there is a right amount of weight to lose in a certain amount of time. I've been doing non-stop research since I started about IF, supplements, what foods to eat etc... and I got caught up in seeing people posting how much they were losing doing keto omad. I somehow ended up deciding that I needed to go keto too and then as I tried cutting down my carbs I quickly realized that I love carbs and if I were to cut them out this amazing effective thing I found in omad would not be something I could sustain anymore. I'm in this for the long haul, so sustainability is key.

I don't mind sharing my progress, but please keep in mind that the rate of weight lost will be different for everyone, so try not to compare your loss to someone else's. There are a lot of factors that go into it. At my heaviest I was close to 280. I started omad on Feb 26th of this year weighing 254.6 lbs. It's been almost 4 weeks and my current weight is 245.2 lbs. So I think y the end of week 4 I'll be down 10 lbs for my first month of omad. I'm happy with that. It was a little hard for me earlier on when I saw some people losing over 10 lbs in the first week. I wished I could have been able to do that. But now I'm just letting my body go at it's own pace. It took years and years to get to this point, so I will be patient and slowly improve moving forward.
I agree that weight loss on the same diet is on a case to case basis. I have tried once in indulging on a diet together with my niece. In one week, she had lost 2 pounds while I remained the same. Take note that our diet was practically the same including the amount of food. But on the 2nd week, I had lost 2 pounds and she had lost only 1 pound. Anyway, I am interested to learn the amount of weight that is lost for those who are on full OMAD. Reading such progress report gives me encouragement to continue my diet.

I've been on this diet for a while now and initially I did lose a good amount of weight but nowadays I don't feel like I'm losing much anymore although I'm still happy with this lifestyle and choosing to continue with it since even just maintaining my weight is already a good result considering that before when I was eating three times a day I was gaining a lot already and would have continued to balloon up if I wasn't able to do something about it. Thankfully I learned about this diet and gave it a try before it was too late.

One of the things that I am reading about is that it might be good to mix things up a bit, so that our body doesn’t get in the same eating/fasting routine every day. Apparently, people are different, and some do just fine losing weight with just doing one meal a day consistently, but other people seem to stall, and even though they are doing the same thing as always, they stop losing weight.
This is what has happened with me, so I am working on what might get me “un-stalled” and back to losing weight.

According to what I have read, if you have a set routine, and eat about the same amount at the same general time each day, then you body just adjusts to getting that amount of food each day, and keeps your weight stable.
What I am doing this week, is mixing up the length of my fasting hours, so one day it might be 16 hours between my meals, and another day, it might be 27 hours.
This way, my body never knows for sure when I am going to eat, and some days I have larger meals, and others, not very much.
Today, I just had a large bowl of salad, and now I am drinking vinegar/water and keeping myself hydrated, with about a 20 hour fast planned until tomorrow.
I am thinking that maybe tomorrow, I will just have a protein drink or green smoothie, and then fast on through to the next day and see if that helps so shake things up a bit.

I don't like to watch the scale daily because it might be disappointing to see the scale move very little or none at all.you know we always want to see the big difference any time we step on the scale so I do only weekly checking and the reduction varies but it always between 2-4 pounds and it excite me to see that much lost.I believe the variation has to do with our routine and how active we were able to be per week.

In my initial OMAD diet which took 3 weeks I lost an average of 3 pounds on my first week which made me quite happy because in other diets that I've tried I only lost 2 pounds maximum on my first week. That means OMAD diet is better.

Different people have different weight loss depending on many factors. It happens we do some things differently despite all of us doing OMAD. Exercise varies and so are the liquids we take. We also eat differently. Some measure the calories they take while others do not. I started at 260 pounds and now am at 230.