Watching Movies at home helps to curb apetite

This is a trick I'm doing, whenever I feel hungry and it's not my eating window yet, I would watch a movie at home. Doing this would get my mind off food. I just drink ice cold coffee while watching a movie at home.

It is a great way indeed. Doing something that can gey away the thought of food is the answer. Watching movie is a good trick. You just have to find what you can do to get the food thought away from your mind. It is mind over matter guys.

It is a great way indeed. Doing something that can gey away the thought of food is the answer. Watching movie is a good trick. You just have to find what you can do to get the food thought away from your mind. It is mind over matter guys.

Yep going on a movie marathon would be great specially when you've got bad weather. Although you mustn't watch movies which has a lot of food and eating scenes in it lol.

That's what I'm doing sometimes. Watching movie, reading books, eBook, or sometimes just sleep. But most of the time I sleep a lot maybe because of the weather lately that made me sleepy most of the time. Watching movie is really relaxing too. Specially if you are watching romance movie.

I do a lot to suppress my appetite or craving for food,I try to read my favourite book,watch my favourite movies,visit a friend and surf the net,it get my mind off food for a long while.

The best way to avoid eating is by not doing anything actually. But watching movies may require some effort too especially if the movie is interesting. Just lying down and wasting time by not doing any brain work is the best. Truth be told, brain work requires more sustenance than digging a canal. That's why kids really need to eat while they're in school. And for us adults, we need to eat while doing our writing or mental works. Whiling away time doing nothing will not make you hungry because your body is not consuming anything at all.

Yep going on a movie marathon would be great specially when you've got bad weather. Although you mustn't watch movies which has a lot of food and eating scenes in it lol.
Yeah, hahaha. Watching movies with lots of food on it might trigger your carvings and if it was me, I will end up eating a lot. Hahaha. Maybe you can just watch some zombie apocalypse movies or series so you will lose your appetite. Hahaha

I am glad to hear this, maybe it works for you but for me watching a movie makes me hungry, while I see a movie I start to think to all I have in the fridge....

To me, playing games do it for me as it will take my mind off the moment of thinking of food which is nice and a way to ensure that we keep up with the diet.

I am glad to hear this, maybe it works for you but for me watching a movie makes me hungry, while I see a movie I start to think to all I have in the fridge....

It is really funny to read about "thinking about everything in the fridge" as you made it look like when we always feel hungry when we watch scenes where the food is being taken.

I admire your determination if you can trick your mind about watching tv to divert your attention from food. I would rather watch a movie in the cinema to while away my mind from eating because when I watch tv at home, the urge to eat is always there since I know that there is food in the kitchen and there are also lots of snack items like nuts, chips, and even pastries. In the cinema, I also eat but not all the time so it is all right if there is no food as long as the movie is great.

Yeah, hahaha. Watching movies with lots of food on it might trigger your carvings and if it was me, I will end up eating a lot. Hahaha. Maybe you can just watch some zombie apocalypse movies or series so you will lose your appetite. Hahaha

Lol, zombies, I didn't thought of that, let's leave horror movies out of the picture. During my diet I watched all the episodes of game of thrones again and it was quite effective. One time I also watched all the episodes of Lord of the rings and The Hobbit which was also good.

I admire your determination if you can trick your mind about watching tv to divert your attention from food. I would rather watch a movie in the cinema to while away my mind from eating because when I watch tv at home, the urge to eat is always there since I know that there is food in the kitchen and there are also lots of snack items like nuts, chips, and even pastries. In the cinema, I also eat but not all the time so it is all right if there is no food as long as the movie is great.

You could try watching all the Mission Impossible movies and you won't get bored, you'll be so entertained by the action scenes that you won't even have time to think about food.

I have never tried that but I might give it a try. I usually have stronger urge to eat at home because it's when I'm not that busy as compared to when I'm at work. When I'm focused I even forget that I have not yet eaten. Maybe it works the same. The purpose is to get your mind off food so I'll go ahead and try how it'll work for me. Thanks for sharing.

I have never tried that but I might give it a try. I usually have stronger urge to eat at home because it's when I'm not that busy as compared to when I'm at work. When I'm focused I even forget that I have not yet eaten. Maybe it works the same. The purpose is to get your mind off food so I'll go ahead and try how it'll work for me. Thanks for sharing.

Just don't watch movies that feature a lot of eating, cooking or partying lol. Try watching a lot of heavy action movies and horror these kind of movies usually curbs your appetite because your senses are focus on the scenes.

Usually we want to eat while watching an exciting movie and this is where the term"couch potatoes' actually came. It's actually eating without using what we've eaten because we're just sitiing down and passively watchng our favorite tv shows or movies. Many children have grown obese because of this tv watching and the case is the same for adults, maybe even worse. We need to move around, think, read books, and the like so that the food that we ate will be used.

Just don't watch movies that feature a lot of eating, cooking or partying lol. Try watching a lot of heavy action movies and horror these kind of movies usually curbs your appetite because your senses are focus on the scenes.

Yes, that's right. It will definitely defeat the purpose of trying to get my mind off food. I do watch a lot of action movies but not really horror films because these scare me out of my wits. I'll take the less scary ones- suspense movies. Thanks for the suggestions.

This is a trick I'm doing, whenever I feel hungry and it's not my eating window yet, I would watch a movie at home. Doing this would get my mind off food. I just drink ice cold coffee while watching a movie at home.

Haha, this sounds so funny but it's actually true. Lock me indoors with good movie series and I wouldn't bother about eating or going out. But hey, it's good to be honest, it doesn't take away drinking water or energy drinks.

Yeah i think its a good strategy just to make sure that your still in your schedule. I also think that it's a good way to trick your craving's by diverting focus on something else, in this case the movies.