Veggies that you can Rice

Ricing veggies can help you in your OMAD Keto diet and here are some of the vegetables that you can pulse and cook as a nutritious rice substitute.

Carrots
Beets
Cauliflower
Butternut Squash
Plantains
Broccoli

Simply pulse and cook with olive oil or some butter, onions and garlic and season to taste. For a fluffier texture you can mix in some stock. It's more delicious and nutritious than rice.

Never heard of this before but thank you for giving those tips, gonna try it later for my meal. I really love eating vegetables. I'm just wondering if the same energy was also given by these substitute compared to the energy given by rice?

I’m a huge fan of rice, so when I had to throw out rice during my experiment with the keto diet, I was pretty much devastated.

However, soon after I was introduced to the world of cauliflower rice, and my world was turned upside down. Sure, there are plenty of veggies out there that you can “rice,” but cauliflower was hands down the best that I had tried. The texture actually came so close to real rice that I found it to be nearly indistinguishable when done perfectly.

It’s perfect for anyone on keto or even just a regular low-carb diet.

Carrots, plantain and Cauliflower are my favorite when it comes to looking for a viable substitute to rice. They have good amount of nutrients the rice can provide or if possible they possess more. Although, I do combine rice with plantain regularly and I'm sure that there is nothing wrong with it.

I never know that was the name of that. I eat a lot of those food especially in the morning. I used to eat a lot of carrots and corn on my own mix. I prefer eating in the morning with that because it boos my strength until the night time.

I never know that was the name of that. I eat a lot of those food especially in the morning. I used to eat a lot of carrots and corn on my own mix. I prefer eating in the morning with that because it boos my strength until the night time.

Well, one good thing about the forum is that you get to learn new things about how you diet and things that you need to do in order to get the best out of your dieting.

Just like when I was still skeptical about how much coffee I should take on daily basis for the fear of caffeine consumption, but I was made to understand that it's nothing to worry about.

I already tried cauliflower and broccoli. I'm just steaming it. Sometimes when I'm not to lazy to cook I grind it in food processor. And cook it like rice. It's nitritous. But if don't feel like eating it. Leave it alone.

As an Asian, rice is a staple to my everyday meal. Since I started my keto diet, I used "Cauliflower Rice" as a substitute for rice. I grind is with a food processor and saute it with garlic and onions. Usually, I eat it with boiled egg or grilled chicken. I prefer cauliflower and other green veggies because there are 6 grams of carbs per medium carrot and 3 grams of sugar so for me, it's safe to avoid it.

The best diet that worked wonders for me was the No Rice diet. I ate everything else. I did that for one year and I lost about 60 pounds. It's really nto a big deal even if you grew up and are living in a society that has rice as the staple. once I got used to no rice, I would feel really full just eating 3 or 4 tablespoons of rice. But yeah, it's like I am a vampire, the moment I got the taste for it again, I ate and here I am years later, 60 lost pounds gained again, and then some more.

Ricing veggies are a good idea. I like plantains, cauliflower and carrots. Those are the cheapest I can buy here.

I don't joke with plantain and potatoes since one of the members here advised me to be taking them when I feel that doing otherwise is not cool. I agree that we need it is not always everytime that we should be taking rice.

The best diet that worked wonders for me was the No Rice diet. I ate everything else. I did that for one year and I lost about 60 pounds. It's really nto a big deal even if you grew up and are living in a society that has rice as the staple. once I got used to no rice, I would feel really full just eating 3 or 4 tablespoons of rice. But yeah, it's like I am a vampire, the moment I got the taste for it again, I ate and here I am years later, 60 lost pounds gained again, and then some more.

Ricing veggies are a good idea. I like plantains, cauliflower and carrots. Those are the cheapest I can buy here.
Its good that no rice worked for you. Ever since I was little I was a rice eater really. I ate rice in the morning, noon and at evening. Rice is our staple food. Its good that rice can now be substituted by those lists of vegetables.

In third world countries even though vegetables are cheap many people (including me) can't, sometimes, afford them. I live in the Philippines and we are a land of agriculture, but since many of us live below poverty we seldom substitute rice with other more expensive food. If we get fat, some of us just stop eating or eat less and less. Because I am getting fat but I'm not used to just suddenly stop eating I think OMAD is the best diet for me.