Using the other hand in eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a trick from the old folks here that when a person is on a diet, they would advice him to use the other hand when eating. That is when you are right-handed you should use your left hand when you put food in your mouth and vice versa if you are left-handed. I haven’t tried it but I guess it has some sense to it because it is not comfortable to eat with the other hand and that may cause you to lose your appetite somehow.

That’s interesting! I’m sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that we would eat slower using our opposite hand since we’re not as coordinated. I think often when you eat slower you realize you’re full before you overeat.

Well, I never heard that technique before. I would probably spill my food if I ever use my left hand since I'm a right handed person. I think this strategy could work. I agree that it can lose your appetite and you will be really irritated and frustrated while eating your meal.

I guess this is a trick that could work for some people. For some like me if I want to get my food even using my left hand will not stop me. I guess this is a trick to make eating harder. With OMAD the irony is that you have to struggle to eat you have to struggle to enough food in the one hour feeding window that you have. Also the biggest advantage of eating one meal per day is that you don't eat that much, I'm yet to meet someone who has to control their eating with OMAD especially if you have foods that are low in sugar.

That would be a nice way to listen our food intake, but the problem is how about if the food is delicious then I'm sure we will shift back to our other hand lol, except if one is so dedicated with their diet then delicious foods would not be a problem.

I have heard of this technique before and I have heard that it does work. I think it's worth a try for anyone who is willing because there is not much to lose just by switching which hand you use anyway. I think pairing that with OMAD can help, but I also think that just doing the diet diligently on its own is enough as well.

I have read about this online as one of the tricks to use when trying to lose weight and I found it funny then but reading it again I think it makes much sense now, I need to try it out now since I was read it again.

First time I've heard of this but it does make sense to use your less dexterous hands when eating to lose weight. I just can't imagine eating with family and friends. It may feel awkward or even hilarious. But if it works then why not?

Makes sense. When you are not accustomed in using the other hand then it might help in your diet. But some people ate accuatomed in using both hands, like my cousin, he can eat using his left or right hand.

This is a trick from the old folks here that when a person is on a diet, they would advice him to use the other hand when eating. That is when you are right-handed you should use your left hand when you put food in your mouth and vice versa if you are left-handed. I haven’t tried it but I guess it has some sense to it because it is not comfortable to eat with the other hand and that may cause you to lose your appetite somehow.
I think if your both hands become familiar to use the eating utensils, it's gonna be a big trouble for you specially if you're really hungry and go back to normal food routine after the diet program.

This really has no application when living the one meal a day lifestyle. It might help when a person was on some kind of a low calorie diet and trying to eat less; but with our one meal, there is no reason not to totally enjoy that meal, each and every day. It is actually part of the plan that you enjoy your meal, and you should not do things that make enjoying the meal difficult.
Since you are eating only one meal, you can have whatever you want for that one meal, and it is not going to be a lot of calories for that day. Plus, if you are doing low carb/keto, then you can have all you ant of any foods that are low carb; so either way, it makes no sense to try to eat with a hand that you are uncomfortable with.
Maybe, you need to read a little more about how the OMAD diet works for weight loss, and this would make more sense to you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.