Traditional food diets as the healthy choice.

Is it just a myth or is it true that traditional foods would be better for your health than the modern foods? In my country which is in Africa, people are going back to eating yams, cassava, arrow roots and traditional vegetables. The people claim that this will be a good way to avoid the modern foods that would most likely than not cause cancer.

I think it true, foods nowadays have large amount of additives in it that is really questionable in terms of prolonged intake. There's nothing healthier than natural and organic foods. It's %100 earth made.

I think modern foods are laden with so much more sugar, especially - and that's such a big thing when it comes to weight gain. Breaking it down and having simple, traditional, close to natural foods can definitely be helpful in my opinion.

We also eat tubers here for purposes of dieting. I agree that traditional food is healthier especially when you take into the picture the fast foods. Hamburgers and fries are called junk food because they have the fats and cholesterol. However, there is not deep study that junk food is bad for our healthy. Anyway, back to the tubers, I like eating boiled taro and cassava. But the best is when the taro is cooked in coconut milk and coco sugar. It can serve as my meal and it is also filling to the tummy.

As funny as this may sound I think I just have to agree with this,modern food are just so saturated with sugar and sodium leaving one bloated and sick. Obesity,cancer, diabetes and other diseases emanates from all these foods.

I agree that traditional foods are better than modern foods. Traditional foods are healthier because it is natural and some of these foods you can grow in your own backyard. Whereas modern foods are chemically processed filled with artificial flavors, sodium and lots of sugar. They all undergo process that destroys most of the natural vitamins minerals and taste resulting with the scientists introducing artificial flavors and chemically processed vitamins and minerals to the foods.