Tips on avoiding dehydration

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are times that you tend to decrease your fluid intake without knowing, specially when your on a diet or on a workout. These is very fatal specially when you suddenly feel dizzy or very weak. This might be dehydration and i learned it first hand. During a workout i realized that i feel dizzy and started to feel week, i was brought to the clinic and found out that i was dehydrated.

My doctor just advised me just to drink even when your not thirsty....:D

I always have a bottle of water on my desk, so I'm constantly hydrating during the day. I find that if the water is right there in front of me, it acts as a motivator to keep sipping! They say that if you're feeling thirsty that you're already dehydrated!

I keep my self always hydrated. I drink required amount of water everyday. After a heavy exercise I drink lots of water to keep my self always hydrated

Drink more water? Yeah I know, some people are going to say "way to go Captain Obvious" but it really is true. Doctors and nutritionists recommend the average person to drink around 2.5-3L of water a day, depending on their level of activity. In order to meet this quota, I'd recommend taking a gallon jug and filling it up most of the way, and making sure that by the end of the day, that jug is empty. A gallon is about 3.7L so drinking just under that will allow you to stay more than hydrated.

Also watch the color of your urine. If it's that classic golden color, you should technically be drinking more water. You want to get it as clear as possible.

The only way to avoid dehydration is to drink plenty of water a day, eat a lot of fruits, melon if you can. It is recommended by doctors to drink at least 2 liters of water per day.

I agree and this happens to me too. Some days I just don't feel thirsty and I end up feeling weak or get a headache. How I went about this was just integrating drinking into my routine since I tend to get hungry at the same time everyday anyway, so at noon I always remember to drink lots of water to curb the hunger that I know will be coming soon. I also drink a lot during the morning too after I wake up so I can be assured I'm taking in the proper amount daily.

Yeah, after a workout, you really need to drink to replenish your lost fluids. During exercise, you can just take a few sips of water every now and then, but you really have to drink a lot after the workout. Make sure to drink after meals as well.

I usually just drink 8 glasses of water a day as recommended by most people. But I don't track it and I just drink water after I urinate to replace the water that is removed from the body. I also drink after I exercise because I sweat a lot and drinking would replace the lost fluids and avoid getting dehydrated.

I always bring my bottled water where ever I go since I always feel thirsty most of the time. And water is one of the first thing I'm always looking for.

There are times that you tend to decrease your fluid intake without knowing, specially when your on a diet or on a workout. These is very fatal specially when you suddenly feel dizzy or very weak. This might be dehydration and i learned it first hand. During a workout i realized that i feel dizzy and started to feel week, i was brought to the clinic and found out that i was dehydrated.

My doctor just advised me just to drink even when your not thirsty....:D

Each time when I am out there at the gym training, I always ensure that I go with my water bottle as that is the only way that you can tend to take water once in a while. This is one aspect of training safety that many don't really understand which can be dangerous as it leads to dehydration.

Normally we need not worry about being dehydrated because we drink when we feel thirsty. But there are times when the weather is so hot that we don't notice that our body already needs to be rehydrated. There are symprtoms for severe dehydration like nausea, tiredness, headache and others. We have to watch out for diarhea too because frequent bowel movements tend to reduce the water in our bodies and thats why we are given oral rehydration tabs. Babies are usually given this. Just remember there is no substitute for water in rehydration. We cannot drink softdrinks as substitute for water.

I try not to be dehydrated the whole day, I used to keep a refiling jar by my reading table to get a drink anytime I'm thirsty and this process always help me to stay hydrated all day.I don't take less than 8 glasses of water daily.

I always make sure that I monitor my liquid intake. Since I am controlling my food intake, I have to make sure that my body has enough liquid so that I won't feel dizzy or straving.

Sometimes when a person is idle, or is just sitting or lying down for extended periods of time, he tends to forget about drinking water and if you do it for a couple of days and then engage in some strenuous work or exercise then you'll tend to suffer from dehydration. The best thing to do is always have some crackers to snack on because after eating one, you'll look for water to drink.

The answer is simple, water. The therapeutic foundations consider water to be important to our body when in truth water serves to invigorate each cell and organ in the body. It is critical to each substantial activity and when we end up got dried out, the body instinctually starts to apportion water to every organ. The mind, being the most imperative organ, gets the most water. The skin, being the slightest vital, is proportioned minimal measure of water. Incessantly dry skin as well as dandruff are indications of cutting edge bodliy parchedness, as are asthma and hyperventilation. It is the law of fundamental adjustment at work, that the body will do what it needs to do to survive, which for this situation implies the most vital organs get served first. On the off chance that the body didn't do that we would endure the evil impacts of drying out considerably more quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.