Thirty-someTHIN's OMAD Diary

Hi everyone!
I'm new here, but I followed an OMAD lifestyle two years ago and got within 10 lbs of my goal weight before falling in love and gaining that ever-so-wonderful "happy weight." Being happy after being so profoundly unhappy in my previous toxic relationship has been 100% worth every pound, but now I am ready to get back to it. I want to be happy AND healthy!
I have always struggled with my weight. I was put on my first diet at 5 years old, and I have been dieting in some form ever since. I have struggled with multiple eating disorders. The only time I lost weight effortlessly was when I followed OMAD (before I knew what it was) in middle school. It was much harder to follow a couple of years ago, but I always remember what it was like to feel like I was in complete control of my eating back in middle school: I ate whatever I wanted, and I stopped when I was full after my meal, and I didn't think about food the rest of the day. It worked like a charm, and while I got smaller at later stages in my life due to EDs, it was the only time I didn't feel neurotic, I didn't look or feel sick, and I was genuinely happy with how I was eating. I'm 31 now, and back then I thought I had finally figured everything out and would never be overweight again. Not so much. I told myself two years ago that I would enter my 30's back in shape. Again, not so much. So I'm now accepting that I WILL be back in shape at thirty-something, even if it's 39. I'm going to take it slow so it's sustainable, and even if it takes all 8 years, I am going to get there.

HW: 179+ (stopped weighing before seeing 180s, but I'm sure I got there)
LW as an adult: 132 (went from 179 - 132 on low carb/keto and gained it all back in 3 months); got down to 137.8 with OMAD 2 years ago before relationship
CW: 168.4 (this was rough to see -- never thought I'd see the 160s or 170s again. I hit 170 last week)
GWR: 127 - 130

I ate with my partner around 1:30 today. We cook and (try to) eat together!
I found that eating before 2:00 was best for me last time I followed OMAD, but the nights sometimes do get hard. I got through them last time because I was single and would go out dancing nearly every night, which distracted me from hunger and food. Now I am in the midst of qualifying exams and too busy to go out as much, so we'll see how it goes! I may end up moving my meal time if needed.
Today I had buffalo bbq chicken wings, a few fried plantain slices, an avocado ranch salad, and a cassava flour cookie bar. I had ~10 oz of peach iced tea. I don't usually drink anything but water and red wine, so this was different. It was okay, but I won't have it again. Also trying to figure out how to have my daily glass of red before 2:00 and still function... :oops:

Good on you for getting back in track with your dieting. It's tough, but getting back to that weight you were once at before is so life changing. Rebuilding yourself is something special, that's for sure.

I wish you luck on this journey and will look forward to your future updates. :)

I got hungry around 7:30 last night (as somewhat expected), but a bottle of sparkling water helped tremendously. The Soda Stream has been worth its weight in gold around here with the amount of sparkling water I drink!
Today I will be eating my meal later because we are going out for happy hour/dinner. I know you aren't supposed to move your eating window around too much, but I know eating earlier in the day and trying to avoid eating dinner is just going to set me up to fail at OMAD, especially because we'll be dancing afterwards. I will be pretty busy today, so I hope I won't notice, but we did go for a two-mile walk this morning, so we'll see how it goes. I get pretty bad headaches when I'm hungry, so that's the only thing that concerns me. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen!

Last edited:
I got hungry around 7:30 last night (as somewhat expected), but a bottle of sparkling water helped tremendously. The Soda Stream has been worth its weight in gold around here with the amount of sparkling water I drink!
Today I will be eating my meal later because we are going out for happy hour/dinner. I know you aren't supposed to move your eating window around too much, but I know eating earlier in the day and trying to avoid eating dinner is just going to set me up to fail at OMAD, especially because we'll be dancing afterwards. I will be pretty busy today, so I hope I won't notice, but we did go for a two-mile walk this morning, so we'll see how it goes. I get pretty bad headaches when I'm hungry, so that's the only thing that concerns me. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen!
Cool, someone posted about SodaStream in the forums a bit back. I might actually try it now that more people are suggesting bit.

As for your meal, that's totally fine. As long as you go back to a normal schedule the next day, you'll be fine. :)

@Anna the SodaStream is AMAAAAZING! For so many years, I didn't buy it because I don't really drink soda. I don't know why it never occurred to me that I could just make the water. It would've saved me literally thousands in boxes of La Croix!
The later time was okay because I was busy, but I definitely am ready to get back to 1:30/2 today!

Today's weight: 167.6 | 40.6 lbs to go!
I was trying to wait until Monday to weigh again because I can become neurotic about weighing, but I felt less bloated today and wanted to check. This was a pleasant surprise because I ate SO late and SO much in my meal yesterday! I made it all the way to ~8:00 PM before eating, but after waiting all day, I was STARVING. I had 3 pieces of jerk chicken, cabbage, rice and peas, a couple of sweet plantain slices, a slice of rum cake, and a margarita. Needless to say, I am ready to get back on my schedule today. It is good to know that I can stretch my fasting window without struggling too much if I have to. That'll be helpful for holiday season when we will likely eat later in the day. I sometimes eat later on the weekends as well if I'm running errands all day. For the most part, I am going to try to stick to the 1-2 window!

I just finished eating my meal with my partner. We started around 1:45. I had a jerk chicken leg, 3 fried green plantain slices, a small salad with ground beef, 2 cassava flour cookies, a mini dark chocolate peanut butter cup, and maybe half a glass of red. It doesn't seem like the wine is making me tired, which is good to know! I feel a bit weird not being super full today, but that was all I really had time to eat in the hour since we were talking so much. I am hoping that doesn't mean I will have a hard time making it to tomorrow's eating window, especially because I think it will be another late meal since we're going to a friend's house for dinner. It may be one of those times when I have to just say no to food, but I hope I can make it. I am going to try to get in a lot more veggies tomorrow.

Welp... I failed last night and ended up eating a bunch of snacks. Obviously I did not eat enough in my meal to compensate for all of the activity the day before. I always tend to run into this problem as soon as I start exercising on OMAD. I just cannot eat enough at one time to compensate for a heightened calorie burn for whatever reason, and I only seem to feel that effect the day AFTER the exercise. I think I may have to eat two meals the day after lots of activity, but that's only been a couple of days a week so far, so I think I can still lose that way. I'm down to 167.2 today, which is odd after last night, but I will take it!

I ate with my partner around 1:30 today. We cook and (try to) eat together!
I found that eating before 2:00 was best for me last time I followed OMAD, but the nights sometimes do get hard. I got through them last time because I was single and would go out dancing nearly every night, which distracted me from hunger and food. Now I am in the midst of qualifying exams and too busy to go out as much, so we'll see how it goes! I may end up moving my meal time if needed.
Today I had buffalo bbq chicken wings, a few fried plantain slices, an avocado ranch salad, and a cassava flour cookie bar. I had ~10 oz of peach iced tea. I don't usually drink anything but water and red wine, so this was different. It was okay, but I won't have it again. Also trying to figure out how to have my daily glass of red before 2:00 and still function... :oops:
So nice to be in the group which motivates each other
Tks for sharing and i know you will do great. You def have the determination based on your earlier success you have shared

Today's weight: 167.6 | 40.6 lbs to go!
I was trying to wait until Monday to weigh again because I can become neurotic about weighing, but I felt less bloated today and wanted to check. This was a pleasant surprise because I ate SO late and SO much in my meal yesterday! I made it all the way to ~8:00 PM before eating, but after waiting all day, I was STARVING. I had 3 pieces of jerk chicken, cabbage, rice and peas, a couple of sweet plantain slices, a slice of rum cake, and a margarita. Needless to say, I am ready to get back on my schedule today. It is good to know that I can stretch my fasting window without struggling too much if I have to. That'll be helpful for holiday season when we will likely eat later in the day. I sometimes eat later on the weekends as well if I'm running errands all day. For the most part, I am going to try to stick to the 1-2 window!
I think i like the 1-2 window
Our lunch hrs are flexible at work and i feel that the days i eat between 1-2 i have a much better success rate