The disadvantages of sleeping immediately after food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to bed immediately after food will increase the level of acid in the stomach since digestion hasn't been allowed. The acid in the stomach will trigger heart burns in the chest especially. This acid in the stomach will move up towards the throat and might cause some burning sensation. Also it might cause an increase in the blood sugar and cholesterol level in the body. This can lead to increase the reflux diseases. As a result, this can trigger stroke.

Finally, you might gain some unnecessary weight.This is because you've not allowed digestion to take place hence there's high accumulation of fats. The more time you delay from going to bed the less risks there are, for example, stroke.

Going to bed immediately after food will increase the level of acid in the stomach since digestion hasn't been allowed. The acid in the stomach will trigger heart burns in the chest especially. This acid in the stomach will move up towards the throat and might cause some burning sensation. Also it might cause an increase in the blood sugar and cholesterol level in the body. This can lead to increase the reflux diseases. As a result, this can trigger stroke.

Finally, you might gain some unnecessary weight.This is because you've not allowed digestion to take place hence there's high accumulation of fats. The more time you delay from going to bed the less risks there are, for example, stroke.
I had thought that digestion goes on even in sleep. Does the bidy need to be awake for proper digestion?

In my home we normally eat few minutes towards bedtime. There are times I have woken up with heartburn but had not known the cause. This article comes in really hañdy.

Most people on an OMAD diet are not likely to be eating their one meal directly before going to bed. I think that most of us will eat sometime between noon and late afternoon, and all of the food we eat will already be being digested before we go to bed.
That being said, food can still be digested after we have gone to sleep, and this is actually when our body processes the food that we have eaten and uses it to rebuild our bodies.

While it could trigger heartburn if a person lies down immediately after eating, this is not always the case, and many people will take naps after a meal.
Mexico is well-known for the afternoon siesta, which is resting after the noon meal and letting it digest.
Obviously, eating a meal with a lot of carbs will trigger insulin, but that is not due to the time of eating, it is due to the food being eaten. It is no more likely to cause a stroke when eaten before bed than any other time, as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.