sugar free gum ?

According to WebMD, chewing sugar free gum has been proven to lead to lower calorie intake in those studied. However, it's not a miracle solution. You'll still need to exercise regularly and watch what you're eating, but chewing sugar free gum can help curb your appetite. The participants in the studies at, on average, 68 calories less per meal than those who did not new gum.

Yeah but the big thing is if it spikes insulin or not, if it does then you are breaking your fast and making omad pointless.

Yeah but the big thing is if it spikes insulin or not, if it does then you are breaking your fast and making omad pointless.

Is there any way to find out if this is the case for sure without a blood test? I chew gum regularly too but now I'm a little concerned that I could have been breaking my fast all along without knowing.

Although i haven't tried it, i heard good reviews about it. Actually chewing by itself is good for the health, its known to improve memory and cognitive performance. Chewing also relieves stress and help release nervous energy.

Its OK to chew gum while you are on diet. I think it wornt effect your diet ao much. and somehow it will help you to make mouth busy chewing instead of food. it will help you out thinking of other diet.

I also read in an article Sugar free gum is okay in diet. It said it can curb your appetite. But, I'm not a fan of gummies. I don't eat it. And also don't count on that, regular exercises and strict diet are always the best in obtaining a healthy body.

you are all missing the point , the whole reason of omad and fasting is not to raise your insulin levels during the fasting period .

Is there any way to find out if this is the case for sure without a blood test? I chew gum regularly too but now I'm a little concerned that I could have been breaking my fast all along without knowing.
i read that typically a piece of sugar free gum is only about two callories but its the chewing and production of salyva pluss the artificial sweetners that tricks your body into thinking its about to recieve a load of food so your body raises insulin in preperation for the food , therefore taking you out of your fasted state .

Last edited:
I didn't really know anything about sugar free gum, but the little info I've collected from my online searches shows that artificial sweeteners like Aspartame and Sorbitol, which are referred to as non-cavity ingredients are used.

As for if to enjoy this gum while fasting, the answer I've got is 'No' since it contains artificial sugars and there by effectively breaks the fast.

The sugar-free gum is allowed but you should not chew it all the time because it can cause you stomach health problems.

The sugar-free gum is allowed but you should not chew it all the time because it can cause you stomach health problems.
dont see how it can be as it seems it causes an insulin response ,this is a quick search on google ...................................

Can you chew sugarless gum while fasting?
However, you should avoid chewing gum, both regular gum and sugar-free. Regular gum has sugar (and also calories). Regular chewing gum is typically sweetened with corn syrup, which is a form of sugar called glucose. ... Sugar-free chewing gum also makes the list as a fasting no-no because of the artificial sweeteners.

Last edited:
I have read about this that chewing sugar free gum can help cut down calories, since it a form of exercise albeit on the mouth but I have never tried it since I don't like gum but it still good since it sugar agree but one should go moderate with it.

dont see how it can be as it seems it causes an insulin response ,this is a quick search on google ...................................

Can you chew sugarless gum while fasting?
However, you should avoid chewing gum, both regular gum and sugar-free. Regular gum has sugar (and also calories). Regular chewing gum is typically sweetened with corn syrup, which is a form of sugar called glucose. ... Sugar-free chewing gum also makes the list as a fasting no-no because of the artificial sweeteners.

Ah! I never knew....I'd still been having good results with OMAD but I guess I really need to be mindful of that. Thank you for the detailed information!

If you are sure that the chewing gum is sugar free then I don’t see any problem and it is not an issue to me. Chewing sugar-free gum will at least give your mind a diversion like you are eating something that can perhaps deaden the craving for food. However, chewing gum is not a good habit because it is not allowed in the office. Take note that chewing gum is prohibited in Singapore and chewing the gum is considered a minor crime.

does not matter , the fact is , sugar free gum has an insulin response so therefore you can not have it if you are following omad