Stomach cramps with omad - eating one meal a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been experiencing tummy cramps when starting omad? Any ideas on how to overcome this? I was doing good for awhile, but have started to have some stomach issues.

Debbie, when I started I experienced some headaches and stomach cramps. However, after the first week, it seemed to go away. The first week was very hard for me and all the adjusting I had to make. But, now that I'm adjusted, there's absolutely no other diet or lifestyle I would rather be doing. My best advice to you would be to see if you continue to experience issues and go from there.

Thank you for your kind advice Jennifer. I will certainly follow this and hopefully it doesn't continue. I honestly think its some bad food that I ate and really has nothing to do with omad. I ate some pretty spicy stuff and it seems ever since then, I have the issues.

I guess the stomach cramps, headache and other symptoms of withdrawal are common when you start OMAD based on the other discussions in this forum. But I think you should have a little preparation when starting OMAD that you cannot just indulge in it suddenly. For me, I am skipping dinner as a way of acclimatization so that OMAD will not be too uncomfortable for me.

Has anyone been experiencing tummy cramps when starting omad? Any ideas on how to overcome this? I was doing good for awhile, but have started to have some stomach issues.
I had some stomach problems when I started OMAD. For about 10 days, I had stomach pains, queasiness, cramps. I had been drinking a lot of coffee, which I had been told was good for OMAD. But after my problems, I did some checking and found out that coffee may not be so good afterall. They say when you first go OMAD, your body continues to create stomach acid at the times when you used to eat and the acid together with the coffee in the empty stomach can cause problems. Anyway, I shifted from coffee to green tea, and the stomach problems disappeared right away and have not come back. I am now at 4 weeks of OMAD. At some point I will probably try coffee again, but I am in no hurry to do so, because I love the green tea.

I had some stomach problems when I started OMAD. For about 10 days, I had stomach pains, queasiness, cramps. I had been drinking a lot of coffee, which I had been told was good for OMAD. But after my problems, I did some checking and found out that coffee may not be so good afterall. They say when you first go OMAD, your body continues to create stomach acid at the times when you used to eat and the acid together with the coffee in the empty stomach can cause problems. Anyway, I shifted from coffee to green tea, and the stomach problems disappeared right away and have not come back. I am now at 4 weeks of OMAD. At some point I will probably try coffee again, but I am in no hurry to do so, because I love the green tea.

Welcome to the OMAD diet forum, @AAAmbrose ! I think that you have a valid point that too much coffee would probably not be good for some people, especially if you are drinking it black.
I didn’t have any problems with stomach pains, but I only have one cup of coffee each day, and I add a dab of heavy cream, which would help stop any cramps, too.

Welcome to the OMAD diet forum, @AAAmbrose ! I think that you have a valid point that too much coffee would probably not be good for some people, especially if you are drinking it black.
I didn’t have any problems with stomach pains, but I only have one cup of coffee each day, and I add a dab of heavy cream, which would help stop any cramps, too.
I was drinking 3-4 cups of black coffee a day. I have always loved black coffee, but started drinking even more of it when I went OMAD.

I agree that it may be due to coffee. I don't drink it at all and have never had this experience whereas a few of my family members do drink it regularly and they experience stomach acidity a lot. I have heard that thinning your coffee with more water and making it not taste as strong helps a bit and allows you to keep drinking it regularly but if the pain becomes too much then maybe giving it up for a while might help.

I really don't think that your stomach cramping is a result of drinking coffee because I've been drinking coffee a lot and I've never experienced any cramping. But I did had terrible stomach cramps a few years ago when I was working out extensively in the gym and the doctor said that it's because of a Vitamin B Complex deficiency. I would suggest that you should visit your doctor to address the matter since i know that stomach cramps are quite painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.