Stevia and Omad

I use to use Stevia and weight loss was fine but there is no doubt that it stimulates hunger, making fasting unnecessarily tough going. I would recommend you avoid all sweeteners and fast clean for the best, and easiest results:)

I really don't use Stevia because it was banned for decades even in the U.S. and a huge part of Asia and Europe because of its cancerous after effects, it since been rehashed as a safe and healthy sweetener since 2000, but older people still remembers it's bad health issues. I use Honey, Brown Sugar and Coco Sugar which are all natural and healthy.

I really don't use Stevia because it was banned for decades even in the U.S. and a huge part of Asia and Europe because of its cancerous after effects, it since been rehashed as a safe and healthy sweetener since 2000, but older people still remembers it's bad health issues. I use Honey, Brown Sugar and Coco Sugar which are all natural and healthy.

When I mentioned Stevia to my diabetic niece, she said that she is not using Stevia as per the advice of her diabetologist. I really don't know if Stevia has an issue with cancer. We have a family friend who is promoting a Stevia farm in the nearby province but I have yet to learn more about this. We are also using coco sugar because of the better taste than the white refined or the brown sugar. And our family physician said that coco sugar is indeed healthier than the ordinary sugar.

I'm not sure about the ins and outs of it, but my understanding was that stevia was virtually calorie free and I wouldn't think that it would bring you out of your fasting state if that was the case. Perhaps someone with more experience with stevia can weigh in, though!

Yes it does. I wonder how people love stevia. I think it tastes horrible. I would rather have tea or coffee on its own without any stevia. In fact I think that stevia is supposed to get you off craving sugar. Having it on a fast will kick you off your fast because stevia will raise your insulin levels. The main reason that you fast is to control your insulin levels, which to a large extent contribute to your hunger. I know you are told when fasting not to have more then 50 calories and stevia is less. I still don't think that it is a good idea.

I avoid it just to be safe, though I'm not really sure if it really breaks the cycle or not. Personally, I don't think the reward is outweighs the risk that much so I just tend to stay away from it because drinking unsweetened coffee is not that bad for me, but I guess if you really had to then it is probably not the worst since it's an ingredient that probably has not that much calories and as long as it's the only thing you consume in the fasting window then it might not be that bad.

Stevia health risks includes kidney damage, induces gene mutation leading to cancer, hypoglycemia, endocrine disruption among others.

Here are some articles about Stevia health hazards.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319837.php

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/39601-stevia-facts-safety.html[
It's good your posting this kind of article regarding this Stevia. Actually, not all people are aware of the harmful effects of this. Like me, I don't use it either but I really don't know what actually is Stevia until now. I searched about it just now.

Yes it does. I wonder how people love stevia. I think it tastes horrible. I would rather have tea or coffee on its own without any stevia. In fact I think that stevia is supposed to get you off craving sugar. Having it on a fast will kick you off your fast because stevia will raise your insulin levels. The main reason that you fast is to control your insulin levels, which to a large extent contribute to your hunger. I know you are told when fasting not to have more then 50 calories and stevia is less. I still don't think that it is a good idea.

I'm not a fan of it either, I find that it tastes really bitter and artificial...do you find the same thing? I often wondered if it was just me who thought it tasted odd!

Did you know that most artificial sweeteners are made with Stevia plant which is 200 times sweeter than sugar. In the Philippines such imported sweeteners with names like Magic Suga, Super Sweet where used for decades in the production of drinks, sweets, cakes and was only banned in the late 90's due to its bad after effects.

I have tried so many various artificial sweeteners, including stevia, and unfortunately I am not a fan of Stevia. I was really hoping I would as its a more natural approach, but there is an aftertaste that my taste buds did not agree with. I use "Equal" instead. (Probably not the best, I know, but i'm being honest). I should add that I have only ever used the liquid Stevia, not the packets, so it may be different.

I find it always has a bitter after taste. The liquid stevia I find is better though. I find the flavour of it goes better with the some things than with other things. For me it doesn't work at all with chocolate flavoured things (like hot chocolate). I tried making keto brownies with it once and they were terrible.

This is the first I am hearing that stevia causes cancer. I happen to like the Kiva Organic brand of stevia. I do not like Pyure. I know that it has other stuff in it.

I have tried several brands of stevia and stevia mixes, and I do not like the taste of any of them. Chemical compounds of any kind are not processed by our body as a food, so it is best to avoid (or at least limit) using these kinds of sweeteners.
Personally, I like those tiny little saccharin tablets and I use one in my morning coffee; but having such a minuscule amount is far different from someone who drinks sugar-free soda pop all day long, as far as health damage is concerned.